New beta build 7/28

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Vandril » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:58 am

Finally some Alchemist love

http://wow.gamona.de/images/upload/5648.jpg

(found @ worldofwar.de )

And "combat pots" (aka Haste / Destruction / Manapots) are only useable once in a fight, if I read this screenshot right.

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/ima ... ckness.jpg

(mmo-champion.com)
Vandril
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:44 am

10:20 CEST - Potion Sickness now affects ALL POTIONS, including mana and health potions.

:(

Reworked: Divine Protection (118 Mana, 5 Minutes cooldown): Reduces all damage taken by 50% for 12 seconds, but increases the time between your attacks by 50%.

[...]

Divine Guardian: This talent now affects Divine Shield and Divine Protection (While Divine Shield or Divine Protection is active 15/30% of all damage taken by party or raid members within 30 yards is redirected to the Paladin.).

Looks like Divine Guardian will be able to kill people after all, if they're using Divine Protection. Though the odds of it happening are low.

Also:
Once protected, the target cannot be made invulnerable by Divine Shield, Divine Protection or Hand of Protection again for 180 seconds.

Forbearance increased to three minutes?
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:46 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Forbearance increased to three minutes?
Yes.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Andryana » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:46 am

Yes, forbearance is increased to 3 minutes.

The pot change is weird.. i'm guessing all classes are getting some mana regen buffs so they would have to use tops 1 mana pot on a raid encounter.. on the good side it's less money spent on consumables.
Andryana

Postby ulushnar » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:57 am

Andryana wrote:Yes, forbearance is increased to 3 minutes.

The pot change is weird.. i'm guessing all classes are getting some mana regen buffs so they would have to use tops 1 mana pot on a raid encounter.. on the good side it's less money spent on consumables.

This is just an extension of when they changed flasks and elixirs in early tbc. It's hard to balance an ability that's supposed to replace something (like chain-chugging mana pots) unless you remove something like that from the game.

I'm chuffed for my healers. They've suddenly saved a buttload of gold.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Equitas » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:36 am

This is madness......
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

Postby ulushnar » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:39 am

Madness?

This. Is. Beta!
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Sharlos » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:29 am

Ulushnar wrote:Madness?

This. Is. Beta!

*falcon punches Azeroth*
Sharlos

Postby Khayne » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:46 am

snowwight wrote:
Airanna wrote:Decided to check the wowhead wotlk database to see if they'd updated to the new build and noticed the buff effect for all seals now say 2 minute duration...

Taking re-sealing virtually out of rotation would be really nice.

Looks like they decided to put judgement on the gcd now though... 1 step forward, 1 step back.

So instead of re-sealing once every 30 secs and judging freely, we´ll now need to lose 3 (or 3,75 if full imp. judge) gcd´s on the judgements in same timeframe?

in that 2 mins you´ll gain 3 gcds from not needing to re-seal as often, but lose 12-15 gcd´s to judgements if you´d want to get full seal+judgement dmg.

rather a "1 step forward, 4 steps back".

But then again if i can get a 50% dmg decrease for 12 secs i´m not complaining about this round of changes :D .

Not to mention now i wont need imp. judge since it´s less useful now since it goes to gcd so that´s 2 free talent points (ok, still need to count it up but i think this change kills that talent for me).
Khayne

Postby Sartor » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:49 am

Arjuna wrote:
only HS left on +spellpower it seems...anyone know if that has been added to ap scaling aswell?

No, it still scales with SP, however, I'd like to see it scaling with Block Value tbh. ;)
Sartor

Postby Worldie » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:49 am

In theory there is space for judgements between the cooldowns. Just i don't think Imp Judgement is worth the points anymore.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Magnusharkov » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:53 am

Well, based on GCD issues your rotation looks like it will be based on 9 second intervals. From what people are fleshing out you need 1 point of improved judgement so you can reliably use it every cycle, otherwise you will only be using it every 12 seconds
Magnusharkov

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:59 am

Khayne wrote:
snowwight wrote:
Airanna wrote:Decided to check the wowhead wotlk database to see if they'd updated to the new build and noticed the buff effect for all seals now say 2 minute duration...

Taking re-sealing virtually out of rotation would be really nice.

Looks like they decided to put judgement on the gcd now though... 1 step forward, 1 step back.

So instead of re-sealing once every 30 secs and judging freely, we´ll now need to lose 3 (or 3,75 if full imp. judge) gcd´s on the judgements in same timeframe?

in that 2 mins you´ll gain 3 gcds from not needing to re-seal as often, but lose 12-15 gcd´s to judgements if you´d want to get full seal+judgement dmg.

rather a "1 step forward, 4 steps back".

But then again if i can get a 50% dmg decrease for 12 secs i´m not complaining about this round of changes :D .

Not to mention now i wont need imp. judge since it´s less useful now since it goes to gcd so that´s 2 free talent points (ok, still need to count it up but i think this change kills that talent for me).

Do not compare Beta Build to Beta Build. They are just trying stuff out. Compare Live Version to Beta Build.

1 Re-Seal every 8-10 Sek + Judgement is live
1 Seal every 2 Min + Judgement every 8-10 is Beta (new)

Now, for me, this IS a improvement compared the what we had with BC. We save Mana.

Also I came to the thing: 1 Point is enough.

5/55/11
0/60/11

That are my two versions I'm thinking of right now. (Main-Tank WITH Ret Support)
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby Arsyn » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:28 am

3 Minute Forbearance is going to create a very undivine storm on the WoW boards...
Arsyn

Postby Worldie » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:29 am

Mah not really, it's not a issue.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK