Remove Advertisements

New Lock Spell Defeats bubble?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

New Lock Spell Defeats bubble?

Postby Arees » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:26 am

I am not in the beta, so I don't know anything about this.... The 51 point warlock ability says it cannot be resisted and it pierces through defensive immunities. Does this mean it will be able to defeat things like our bubble or mage ice block? I noticed this when I was looking through the official blizzard talent calculator at all the classes 51 point talents.
Arees

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:29 am

Chaos bolt. Yeah I bet it trespasses our bubble, and to be fair it makes sense.
It's a friggin warlock, he beats demons up till they do his heavy work, and then proceed to kill them just to leech their power.
It's a friggin' warlock!

(I'm probably Speccing my warlock for improved imp, empowered imp and good fire destro shiz)
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Angella » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:09 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:Chaos bolt. Yeah I bet it trespasses our bubble, and to be fair it makes sense.
It's a friggin warlock, he beats demons up till they do his heavy work, and then proceed to kill them just to leech their power.
It's a friggin' warlock!

(I'm probably Speccing my warlock for improved imp, empowered imp and good fire destro shiz)

Screw that! A paladin bubble is literally a gift from the Gods! A measly warlock shouldn't be able to penetrate a God shield!

I'm still bitter that a paladin bubble is counterable at all. That was the coolest part of being a paladin pre-tbc.
Angella

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:49 pm

Angella wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:Chaos bolt. Yeah I bet it trespasses our bubble, and to be fair it makes sense.
It's a friggin' warlock!

Screw that! A paladin bubble is literally a gift from the Gods! A measly warlock shouldn't be able to penetrate a God shield!

I'm still bitter that a paladin bubble is counterable at all. That was the coolest part of being a paladin pre-tbc.
Chaos damage killed Cenarius.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Sechs » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:00 pm

In warcraft 3 only way do do dmg on mobbs with divine armor was with Chaos dmg.

So i guess they are trying to stick to the original lore!!!!1111oneone or something. :p
Sechs

Postby Lore » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:01 pm

As Horde, who had no paladins pre-bc... total immunity is a Very Bad Thing.

...doesn't mean I like it when my bubble gets MD'ed though...
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Khayne » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:20 pm

Angella wrote:Screw that! A paladin bubble is literally a gift from the Gods! A measly warlock shouldn't be able to penetrate a God shield!

But the warlock is a sneaky lil' bastard with power of the devil with him.

"Jesus Saves, but Satan gets the rebound and SCCCOOOOOOORRREEEEEESSS!"

Besides, it´s a warlock.

They´re the Cool Guy/Girl

Hopefully this also opens up us getting to keep all the new toys we´re getting since it´ll be harder for other people to go on the old "You dont need as good dps/healing/anything since you can go frigging immune for 12 secs!!1!"
Khayne

Postby Robbert » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:55 pm

Oh...you know it's gonna happen...

Some pally will be in an arena...the fight will come down to them and a lock. Pally bubbles, lock casts chaos bolt and crits pally, eye for an eye procs and kills the Lock, Lock QQs resulting in resto Druids getting yet another pvp buff.

I can hardly wait!

Seriously tho...I'm cool with a 51 point talent bypassing a class defining class skill. Mass Dispell should be a deep reach into the Discipline to get or should not dispell the pally bubble.
Robbert

Return to WotLK