Question about gear migration

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Question about gear migration

Postby Arquine » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:45 am

I was wondering how our SW gear will hold out in WoltK with the complete revamp of our itemization. At what point will our gear start losing out in terms of prot?
Arquine

Postby Arquine » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:46 am

also, are we expecting to include hand of salvation in our rotation now that it's no longer BoS ? :P
Arquine

Postby Arees » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:50 am

Arquine wrote:also, are we expecting to include hand of salvation in our rotation now that it's no longer BoS ? :P

No we aren't. Blessing of Salvation is "baked in" now. They either made all dps attacks cause 30% less threat or all of ours produce 30% more threat. I'm not sure which.
Arees

Postby ulushnar » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:09 am

HoS is for Retadins to save their lives when they pull aggro. It's for Holydins to save the life of the DPSer who pulled aggro. And it's for Tankadins who want to get the mob back off the uppity offtank who stole it.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:22 am

WATERBOYsh wrote:
Arquine wrote:also, are we expecting to include hand of salvation in our rotation now that it's no longer BoS ? :P

No we aren't. Blessing of Salvation is "baked in" now. They either made all dps attacks cause 30% less threat or all of ours produce 30% more threat. I'm not sure which.

It's looking like about 10% less threat (absolute) which means 22% more from tanks. HoS is just a bonus now for helping people threat dump.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Lemondish » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:53 am

PsiVen wrote:It's looking like about 10% less threat (absolute) which means 22% more from tanks. HoS is just a bonus now for helping people threat dump.

QFT. I mentioned in a similar thread that we'll probably notice the strengths (or weaknesses) of the spell once we have a proper threat meter in beta.

I like the idea of the hand spells, and given the constant flux most classes tend to be in terms of beta, I would certainly love an additional spell.

Hand of Avenging Wrath perhaps ;)
Lemondish

Return to WotLK