Crushing blows and bears.

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Karock » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:12 am

Heironeous wrote:The removal of crushings is why Warriors had their shield block nerfed to hell and back. It's now 30 second base CD, 20 seconds talented (with only 1 charge still).

I think they're going to mash BV into all the tank gear and make it so an avoidance tank or a block tank come up even in terms of damage taken. But you have to figure even if they remove crushings Illidan doesn't cause issues when he crushes, just when sheer lands. So... warriors would take a lot in the face still, holding SB just for the sheer, while paladins would slide off a ton more damage over the time and still not catch a sheer.

And yes, any paladin who did his first night in Hyjal knows that you get a rude awakening to crushing blows on wave 6 of Rage's trash. I still say crushings should stay, but face facts that warriors still got the nerf stick, so I'm ok with that.

I really disagree with this mentality. It's the same one that the people you don't like have.

My greatest hope for this expansion is that Blizzard will go into it with the goal of making all four tanks as close to equal in threat and mitigation as possible.

Also I want to see a boss that consists of three mobs who deal more damage/use nasty abilities when they're not all targeting the same person.
Karock

Postby ulushnar » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:16 am

Zeels wrote:I've said it before.... and I'll say it again :wink:

- I don't like the idea of removing crushing blows from the game. That thing gave us an advantage over warriors and druids,

Have you seen the crap we get in Beta? We have an advantage over Warriors and Druids without having to rely on WWS parses and a cheesy mechanic like crushes.

Now all I need is to hit the defense cap and then stack Stamina/Armor/Strength like it's going out of fashion. No more sacrificing health, armor or threat to get that little bit extra uncrushability in there. No more threads from people struggling to hit 102.4%. We have, at last reached true parity with the other tanking classes.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Magnusharkov » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:46 am

Heironeous wrote:The removal of crushings is why Warriors had their shield block nerfed to hell and back. It's now 30 second base CD, 20 seconds talented (with only 1 charge still).

I think they're going to mash BV into all the tank gear and make it so an avoidance tank or a block tank come up even in terms of damage taken. But you have to figure even if they remove crushings Illidan doesn't cause issues when he crushes, just when sheer lands. So... warriors would take a lot in the face still, holding SB just for the sheer, while paladins would slide off a ton more damage over the time and still not catch a sheer.

And yes, any paladin who did his first night in Hyjal knows that you get a rude awakening to crushing blows on wave 6 of Rage's trash. I still say crushings should stay, but face facts that warriors still got the nerf stick, so I'm ok with that.

Illidan doesn't crush. Neither does any trash in Hyjal to my knowledge
Magnusharkov

Postby Macha » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:57 am

If warriors are anywhere below us, I hope they get buffed to be right next to us.

If druids or deathknights are anywhere below either us or warriors, I hope they get buffed to be right next to us.

If paladins are anywhere below warriors, I hope we get buffed to be right next to them.

We learned how much it SUCKS to be considered a worse choice. We should not wish that on anyone. Idiots will not get tankspots simply because they are idiots and won't be able to cope with WOTLK tanking. Just because idiots flamed us months ago doesn't mean their sane class mates should suffer.

And yes, I have never seen crushes in Hyjal. Heironeous - I think you did not have your defensive skill maxed there. Neither Illidan nor Abominations crush. Abominations do stun, however, which creates burst. It just has nothing to do with crushings.
Macha

Postby Darklordkatt » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:23 am

They'll remove crushing blows and cram Mortal Strike onto every raid boss that would crush.
70 Prot Pally
Muahahaha 70 Warlock
Kalishnakov 60 Hunter
Darklordkatt

Postby Ruex » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:46 am

"I got more armor, I got more HP, more dodge, I threat harder, and I dont lag like you do. So why is it YOU have to tank everything?"
"Because I'm a Warrior."
/gquit

I know this is off topic... but pls tell me this is just an exaggeration.

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:46 am

Crush: 15% Chance for 150% Damage. MS reduces all healing by 50%. Now that is a huge difference..
Sarkan-ZdC

Previous

Return to WotLK