Remove Advertisements

Crushing blows and bears.

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Crushing blows and bears.

Postby Argali » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:33 am

So, with the removal of crushing blows from bosses, have they changed anything to bears?
Argali

Postby Worldie » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:42 am

Yes, they gave em crit immunity without needing for gear :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby PsiVen » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:43 am

I hear they can't block or parry anymore
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Yadard » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:45 am

I was told they are being removed from the game.

Source

:wink:

Sworn: We do bad things to bad people.

Yadard - 70 - Moonglade
Yadard

Re: Crushing blows and bears.

Postby DeadMilliken » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:49 am

Argali wrote:So, with the removal of crushing blows from bosses, have they changed anything to bears?

Unconfirmed rumor that Bear Druids get their Agi -> Dodge cut in half
(from 14.7=1 to the warrior 30=1)

NOTE: I do have a confirmation that the Agi -> CRIT formula was nerfed for druids @ 70.
DeadMilliken

Re: Crushing blows and bears.

Postby Blåtann » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:57 am

Argali wrote:So, with the removal of crushing blows from bosses, have they changed anything to bears?

I bet WotLK bosses do a lot more magic damage, which favors everyone except bears.
Blåtann

Postby Airenis » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:10 am

Out of curiosity, have they explained why they are taking away crushing blows? I Haven't seen anything on this.
Someone must die... and it wont be me!!!
Airenis

Postby Arees » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:15 am

Airenis wrote:Out of curiosity, have they explained why they are taking away crushing blows? I Haven't seen anything on this.

I believe they said once that they weren't happy with the randomness of suddenly being crushed a couple of times and how it could wipe the raid or something like that.... basically they were saying they want it to be more consistent. Sorry, but I can't link to a source.
Arees

Postby Base » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:25 am

Basically they were saying it's too hard for the warriors to remember to press shield block once every 5s, so they wanted to make it easier for them to ensure that they remain the best tank.
Base

Postby Wakeman » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:28 am

Airenis wrote:Out of curiosity, have they explained why they are taking away crushing blows? I Haven't seen anything on this.

Maybe they felt it was unfair that tankadins need to calculate uncrushability in game but warriors or druids don't, so they remove it completely?
Image Fear my Bacon of Light!
Wakeman

Postby Mehnalas » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:22 am

Because they couldn't figure out how to make death knights push crushing blows off the table?

Because they switched Death Wish and Sweeping strikes?

So I can wear two stamina trinkets in raids for leet Atch Peez
Lore(lol) wrote:Short answer: No.

Long answer: Nope.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Mehnalas
Mehnalas

Postby Zeels » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:31 am

I've said it before.... and I'll say it again :wink:

- I don't like the idea of removing crushing blows from the game. That thing gave us an advantage over warriors and druids, we could link wws parses and say "Hey look at me, Gruul didn't crush me one time, whereas last week when Mr Warrior tanked he got 23 crushes"

I also liked to have to focus to protect myself with the block in order to not wipe the raid, as well as calculating what kind of gear I would use for each encounter.

Simply lowering the CD of Holy shield would have done it for us.

I just don't see the challenge of tanking i WOTLK, but I'm retired from wow atm and haven't tried the BETA out yet, so I might be wrong.

What do you guys who play the beta say? Is it more fun to tank in WOTLK?

And I'm also worried about our spot in raids... Without crushes, won't a druid be better on every hard hitting melee boss?
By the Power of Grey Skull!

Lvl 80 Spanks you very much Spankadin!

Spank
Zeels

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:33 am

Zeels wrote:And I'm also worried about our spot in raids... Without crushes, won't a druid be better on every hard hitting melee boss?
Given their avoidance will suffer a hard hit, our blocks are gaining a nice buff, and we still rock aoe... no.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Mehnalas » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:36 am

Druids really lack in the avoidance department so even if they get hit for less they will just get hit more often.

Which is kinda nice to heal through since its more consistent, but meh I like turtles.
Lore(lol) wrote:Short answer: No.

Long answer: Nope.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Mehnalas
Mehnalas

Postby Heironeous » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:05 am

The removal of crushings is why Warriors had their shield block nerfed to hell and back. It's now 30 second base CD, 20 seconds talented (with only 1 charge still).

I think they're going to mash BV into all the tank gear and make it so an avoidance tank or a block tank come up even in terms of damage taken. But you have to figure even if they remove crushings Illidan doesn't cause issues when he crushes, just when sheer lands. So... warriors would take a lot in the face still, holding SB just for the sheer, while paladins would slide off a ton more damage over the time and still not catch a sheer.

And yes, any paladin who did his first night in Hyjal knows that you get a rude awakening to crushing blows on wave 6 of Rage's trash. I still say crushings should stay, but face facts that warriors still got the nerf stick, so I'm ok with that.

And this is why teenage girls shouldn't play WoW...
Heironeous

Next

Return to WotLK