Remove Advertisements

Sacred Shield

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Sacred Shield

Postby Arjuna » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:00 am

Will the sacred shield work as the priest shield, thus improving with +spellpower?

Would be quite imba if it did, but hey, a man can dream, can't he???
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Worldie » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:48 am

It's very likely to work with spellpower like priest's shield. Probably with the +heal, aka double of the spellpower. But guess we'll have to wait until the level cap is lifted.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lemondish » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:31 am

Worldie wrote:It's very likely to work with spellpower like priest's shield. Probably with the +heal, aka double of the spellpower. But guess we'll have to wait until the level cap is lifted.

I agree, there's no saying it wouldn't. I'm really enjoying the concept. Though a new single target PoM style heal was what we were told we'd get, I believe this is actually the final version of it. Seeing as how everything a Paladin does in a healing scenario is in reaction to damage, a spell that reacts to damage without having to actually do anything doesn't seem like a fun spell in my books.

This instead provides protection in situations where a quick heal is forthcoming, but may not arrive in time without the shield. As a base spell, its duration shaves 2500 off incoming damage. Thats 2500 damage that allows you to focus elsewhere, while also serving as more of a stop flow to damage than a quick fix.
Lemondish

Postby Arjuna » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:34 am

if a holy paladin puts one on you, a hit that puts you low on health will mean that you atleast have a bit of protection against the next hit, really useful when low on health and stuff, but I'd probably won't use it in 5-man instances unless in an emergency...I wants my mana back from healing after all :)
Arjuna

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:39 am

Can one link the skill? I have no clue what "Sacred Shield" is. Thanks :)
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby Worldie » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:41 am

theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Arjuna » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:42 am

Sacred Shield

there it is
Arjuna

Return to WotLK