Remove Advertisements

Kind of confused...

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Kind of confused...

Postby dalfurious » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:06 am

Hey for the people in beta I have a few questions to ask. I seem to find my self confused reading all on what is being posted on the tanking changes. Here is a few questions I would love to have clarified. Thanks!

What talents did you pick/avoid in your talent spec?
Is it true that seals don't get consumed when judged?
What kind of gear did you choose from quest rewards?
Lastly, what seals, aura, and blessing are you using compared to before you got to use the new talents?

I'm really looking for answers from people who are IN the beta, not people who are taking guesses at this stuff, and have no beta play time. Thanks again and I hope you all are having fun in the beta!

-Dal
dalfurious

Postby Tev » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:33 am

Not in beta, but at least one of your answers can be found here;
WotLK Beta Testing Thread

-- How do Seals/Judgments work now? Are seals consumed when you judge? Seals are not currently removed when judging. Judgments of Wis/Light/Justice do the damage of the judgment of whatever seal you have active, in addition to applying the relevant debuff

Dig through that link, it has a lot of responses from people in beta.
Tev

Postby dalfurious » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:49 am

Tev wrote:Not in beta, but at least one of your answers can be found here;
WotLK Beta Testing Thread

-- How do Seals/Judgments work now? Are seals consumed when you judge? Seals are not currently removed when judging. Judgments of Wis/Light/Justice do the damage of the judgment of whatever seal you have active, in addition to applying the relevant debuff

Dig through that link, it has a lot of responses from people in beta.

Let me get this straight, they removed "judgement", and now there is "judgement of" like judge of wisdom, etc.? so you put of a seal like righteousness for threat buildup, and you can judge like "judge of wisdom" and the seal stays up but you get the effects of the judge from righteousness and mana from wisdom judge?
dalfurious

Postby nicolax » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:32 am

No, you have 3 judgements and 3 only that will put a debuff on a mob :

- judgement of light
- judgement of justice
- judgement of wisdom

let's say you use seal of righteousness, if you judge using judgement of wisdom, you will do the damage of a judgement of righteousness + judging a mob like if you used a seal of wisdom thus applying the debuff + getting mana back from the judgement. all in one judgement !

another example :

- use seal of blood + judgement of light = damage of a judgement of blood + judgement of light on the mob

as for your other question :

i do not use ardent defender for now, improved holy shield or spell warding. I took improved judgement in the holy tree and improved might in the prot tree (both at tier 1 lvl, it may not be the right name, i'm at work, can't check :))

I have found that a good rotation is seal of righteousness (haven't had the chance to test correctly seal of corruption/vengeance yet), judgement of wisdom, consecration, hammer of the righteous. if you have time use holy shield but it's not really needed, at least for 5-man. Hammer of righteous is the sex, and avenger's shield is easily usable every time the cooldown is up, cast time decreased from 1 sec to 0.5 sec.
Also hammer of wrath now is usable once a mob is below 35% hp, which is a huge increase of tps at the end of the fight.

That rotation is good enough to hold aggro against crazy warlock in sunwell gear or warriors using warglaives, at least for me in t6 threat set.

for quest reward, i just pick plate reward or ap increase trinket but i don't use any quest reward yet. Still trying to find a 1-hand sword with +stam, +str, some critical strike rating and expertise.
nicolax

Return to WotLK