Remove Advertisements

Remove redoubt as a prereq for shield spec

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Remove redoubt as a prereq for shield spec

Postby gmf1 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:46 pm

Remove redoubt as a prereq for shield spec!!!

I put this up on officiall pally forums but all they wanto talk about is 20k ret hits.

Ok goto your wrath talent site of choice put 3 points in stoicism (as a place holder for shield spec) (were pretending that you dont need redoubt to get shield spec) now do you talents up, wow 5 more points :) why do we need to spend 8 points to get shield spec (wich should be a very good talent in wrath) wasting 5 on redoubt (a pretty useless talent once your 80 and MTing).

I think it is a great idea to give us some more points, or atleast give us the choice of not putting points in redoubt.
gmf1
Maintankadonor

Postby roosevelt » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:03 am

I'm skipping both until shield spec covers BV from str or we see BV on items that aren't shields at 80. I think divine strength is a better return for 5 points than redoubt and shield spec for 8.

Even with crushing blows removed it seems like we will have holy shield up 100% of the time (more charges 8 sec CD) So unless they drastically decrease the returns from avoidance ratings or force items with low avoidance, it seems like some of redoubt is going to be pushed off the table even in AoE tanking situations.

Its kinda messed up but in a way I hope they keep these linked and don't make shield spec cover BV from strength, just to cut down on the bloat. I feel kinda douchey skipping out on some of the few mitigation talents in favor of our billions of threat talents though.
roosevelt

Postby Tev » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:38 am

Before I can say I'll skip shield spec, I want to see just how much innate BV will be on the shield at 80.

If things like Bulwark of Azzinoth will be similar to the blues at 78~80, Shield spec gives about +52 from that shield... not really worth the 8 pt total investment if your planning on MTing 1~3 mobs. However if they are increasing the base amount of block on shields, it may turn out to be worth the investment.
Tev

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:00 am

I'll go Redoubt + Shield spec for leveling (0 Strength on my Tanking Set!), but change with 75-80 (depending on drops) to +15% Str / +5% Dodge and skip both shield talents.
Sarkan-ZdC

Return to WotLK