Remove Advertisements

seal of the crusader and librams

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

seal of the crusader and librams

Postby roosevelt » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:12 pm

I read that they are taking seal and judgement of the crusader out of the game. Does anyone in beta know what the old librams that affected S/JotC will be switched to?

What librams are you using in beta and have you seen any new ones? I'm assuming all the new ones will be for our new abilities and talents.
roosevelt

Postby Worldie » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:47 pm

Mmm interesting point, i'll have a look to the old Libram of Zeal later.

I'm using Shahraz libram atm, since i use SoCorr thus Divine Purpose is fairly useless.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby roosevelt » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:58 pm

I found both the crusader librams;

[item=23203]Libram of Fervor[/item]
[item=27949]Libram of Zeal[/item]

My guess is that they will be changed to affect 51 point talents.

Seal of blood/martyr + vengeance/corruption aren't trainable until 64 and both of these could be obtained before that.
Last edited by roosevelt on Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
roosevelt

Postby Lemondish » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:59 pm

Being beta and with everything in flux for Paladins I'm sure some really neat librams will be dropping in for the early 70s to usher in the itemization changes.

I'd figure that with the extremely specific nature of librams we'll find them show up later. Though I may just be overlooking some posted elsewhere.
Lemondish

Postby Worldie » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:00 pm

roosevelt wrote:I found both the crusader librams;

My guess is that they will be changed to either 51 point talents or maybe seal of blood/martyr + vengeance/corruption since those abilities are gained close to the level these become available.

Those you found are the pre-wollk version, must see on the beta but i don't have any of them.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Zalaria » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:14 pm

Worldie wrote:
roosevelt wrote:I found both the crusader librams;

My guess is that they will be changed to either 51 point talents or maybe seal of blood/martyr + vengeance/corruption since those abilities are gained close to the level these become available.

Those you found are the pre-wollk version, must see on the beta but i don't have any of them.

You could try the links from wowhead and see if the items come up. Might disconnect you out if no one's had them on the server though.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Lemondish » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:26 pm

Isn't there set bonuses that affect the Judgment of Crusader for Retribution tier sets? Perhaps if those have been changed we'll get an idea as to what to expect from the librams.

That is if those have been changed, which honestly isn't very likely.
Lemondish

Postby roosevelt » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:34 pm

Lemondish wrote:Isn't there set bonuses that affect the Judgment of Crusader for Retribution tier sets? Perhaps if those have been changed we'll get an idea as to what to expect from the librams.

That is if those have been changed, which honestly isn't very likely.

Good point, t4 4piece ret bonus is 15% increase in the damage increase from JotC.

[item=29071]justicar breastplate[/item]
roosevelt

Postby Worldie » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:40 pm

Just checked in game, the items all still have the Crusader bonuses (or BoL for holy libram)

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lemondish » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:52 pm

Worldie wrote:Just checked in game, the items all still have the Crusader bonuses (or BoL for holy libram)

Thanks mate =D
Lemondish

Postby Janduin » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:56 am

Once I get to 75 (no beta key, so yeah, on release I guess) I really want to try the shahraz libram with the Holy Shield Slam. Doesn't scale, but that's still 700 extra threat per slam assuming the buff is up, not to mention the mitigation it gives.
Janduin

Postby Worldie » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:11 am

Considering we should be using SoV for tanking, unless they add new librams before 75, i think that Shahraz libram will be our best threat+mitigation libram for a while.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Lemondish » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:28 am

Worldie wrote:Considering we should be using SoV for tanking, unless they add new librams before 75, i think that Shahraz libram will be our best threat+mitigation libram for a while.

Well, I doubt it specifically says you should use SoV for tanking. I don't think they removed the viability of Righteousness as a single target Seal, just improved the viability of Vengeance. Given the new Judgment system, I don't see why it wouldn't be completely probable to stack with Vengeance and switch to Rigteousness. With a longer duration at 18 seconds, and no loss of Seal when Judged, there has to be a way to maintain a pretty decent rotation with both seals without spending tremendous amounts of mana.
Lemondish

Return to WotLK