Out of touch

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Out of touch

Postby lusisia » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:56 am

Okay so my son was born last Saturday. With that, I'm just now catching up on the notes. The one that bothers me most is the GbtL changes. It looks like it's gone through a couple of revs now.

Any idea what the impetus was for the changes?
I notice that warriors still get to keep Stalwart Protector. I feel kind of jipped that our overgearing talent got nerfed.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby ulushnar » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:59 am

Well I dunno, i kinda like it as-is. I'd rather not spend two points to be useful in stuff I overgear. Plus if, as I suspect Blizz is moving away from avoidance tanking, I'm guessing it underperformed in that form.

Grats on the sprog though! :D
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Lemondish » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:04 am

Yeh, congrats mate!

Ulushnar wrote:Well I dunno, i kinda like it as-is. I'd rather not spend two points to be useful in stuff I overgear. Plus if, as I suspect Blizz is moving away from avoidance tanking, I'm guessing it underperformed in that form.

The one thing I enjoyed about the earlier rendition was it was a chance thing, and threw a colourful fun fuzzy monkey wrench into my rotation. Its much like the warriors revenge. I could choose to mix up my rotation to throw in a cheap concie, or I could not. I'd have to think on my feet on what to do, and that in effect is where the fun is for me. Now its just back to faceroll macro.
Lemondish

Postby lusisia » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:05 am

Ulushnar wrote:Well I dunno, i kinda like it as-is. I'd rather not spend two points to be useful in stuff I overgear. Plus if, as I suspect Blizz is moving away from avoidance tanking, I'm guessing it underperformed in that form.

Fair enough evaluation. Some of my warrior friends said the same thing (about not wanting to waste points on overgearing talents.).

And yeah, the new toon is coming along nicely. I suspect we'll have him running around the house in no time taunting the cats. A pally in the works, this one.

EDIT: Side note. I respec'd ret for a while since all I have time for is battlegrounds. I'm loving it to be sure. Almost enough to tempt me off tanking =P

And here's a gander at the new pally in the works:
http://dev.lusis.org/__gus/Gus_John-1.JPG
http://dev.lusis.org/__gus/Gus-7.JPG
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby Equitas » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:57 am

he is incredibly cute, congratulations take care of him and make sure he rolls horde once hes old enough :D
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

Postby guillex » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:28 am

Congrats lusisia!

Welcome to parenthood ... Unfortunately, there isn't a manual, lmao ... But it really is rewarding. ;)

Good luck on training a new pally!
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Lemondish » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:11 am

Guillex wrote:Congrats lusisia!

Welcome to parenthood ... Unfortunately, there isn't a manual, lmao ... But it really is rewarding. ;)

Good luck on training a new pally!

Its not that there's no manual, because there are. There's millions.

Its just that they all say contradictory things =/
Lemondish

Return to WotLK