SoB viability as a tanking seal.

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Ahms » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:24 pm

Equitas wrote:
Ahms wrote:from what the testers say, sov is incredible for tanking now, since every hit refreshes the procs and it also does judgment damage off the bat (like every other seal is doing now). if all that's true how does sor fit into that?

Because if i run in after a shield toss, and judge Righteousness i get insta 2K threat right now, same also applys for wotlk, dots need some time before they start becoming effective, aswell as hitting for 130 melee white and 120 holy dmg every hit every 1.6 seconds, dot should win in the long run though, thats why lemon and i said probably start of with JoR/SoR and then as the fight moves on move on to SoV/Corr, this is for bossfights though, for trash SoR > SoV always.

that's why I mentioned the judgment. if I understand it correctly JoV will do some damage even if there's no dots on it, like JoW and JoL do damage now
Paid by the Alliance
To slay all the giants

-Ahms of Mannoroth

Art - http://ahms.deviantart.com/
Ahms

Postby Worldie » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:26 pm

Jov at the moment, with 600ish spelldam, hits a 0stacked mob for 600ish damage.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Equitas » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:35 pm

nice @ worldie, if you got some free time on your hands, could you give us detailed numbers on dot tick dmg for 1 stack, aswell as judgement dmg per stack and reference numbers for SoR/JoR dmg ?

Would be interesting to see.
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

Postby Lemondish » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:40 pm

Equitas wrote:nice @ worldie, if you got some free time on your hands, could you give us detailed numbers on dot tick dmg for 1 stack, aswell as judgement dmg per stack and reference numbers for SoR/JoR dmg ?

Would be interesting to see.

Along with AP coefficients, a Big Mac, and a couple of those apple pies sticks in a box =D

Thanks Worldie for being the go to guy for all our beta questions, you're the real deal mate.
Lemondish

Postby Equitas » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:42 pm

Lemon id be quite happy with a martini and a blowjob :twisted:

But i agree, props to you worldie, youre the man!
At least until Lore finally gets his beta key :lol:
Of the Nightfall - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

Postby Lemondish » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:48 pm

Equitas wrote:Lemon id be quite happy with a martini and a blowjob :twisted:

But i agree, props to you worldie, youre the man!
At least until Lore finally gets his beta key :lol:

Christ, there's absolutely no limit to what I'd test if I were given a beta key.

I could give you a detailed list of what is or is not DIable. Or perfect places to trick people into jumping to their deaths.

Or screenshots of just how crappy looking the level 70+ grey vendor items look.
Lemondish

Postby Equitas » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:51 pm

If lore gets Worldies name tatooed between his nipples dancing infront of a rainbow and gets this filmed i will personally buy him a beta key off ebay.

Im totally serious.
Of the Nightfall - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
Equitas

Postby Lemondish » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:54 pm

Equitas wrote:If lore gets Worldies name tatooed between his nipples dancing infront of a rainbow and gets this filmed i will personally buy him a beta key off ebay.

Im totally serious.

ohohoh Can I hold the camera?
Lemondish

Postby Karock » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:00 pm

It's well and good to say "SoR will be better" but it doesn't seem like we know since the majority of you seem to be basing it off of the fact that currently it doesn't.

Saying something like this would be more accurate; SoR will likely still scale better than SoB at level 70 due to a double coefficient, but there is a chance SoB will be near it in effectiveness due to itemization changes we currently don't have the full picture of (at least I know I don't beyond a trend to much, much more strength).
Karock

Postby PsiVen » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:48 pm

If SoB did double the damage of SoR you'd still be retarded to use it on anything that could possibly kill you.

So it might be nice, but only in the same situations that you /sit for mana...
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Nich » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:23 am

As lovely as it'd be for HotR to proc seals, what I'm curious about is whether it renews judgements already in place? Or we'd still need to be tabbing through them if a ret pal wasn't present?
Nich

Postby Sartor » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:12 am

So, does Hammer of the Righteous proc seals like Divine Storm?
Sartor

Postby Origon » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:13 am

Believe it was said already by Worldie (correct me if i'm wrong) that no, HotR does not proc any seals

Here
Origon

Postby Arjuna » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:18 am

Origon wrote:Believe it was said already by Worldie (correct me if i'm wrong) that no, HotR does not proc any seals

Then i guess we can assume that one of them is bugged, since they both are melee attacks that affect multiple targets and should be working according to the same mechanic...
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Origon » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:21 am

Not necesarilly, could be made that way so its not getting to the 'retardedly OP' part. Just imagine tab-judging wisdom on a pack of 3 mobs and then having HoR proc the judgement and seal on every single one of them, refreshing it everytime it does. If it procced the seal, we'd basically have almost the same threat on all 3 mobs instead of a larger threat lead on the main targetted mob. IMO blizzard is trying to make us less of a "pick a target, any target" tank and a more of a "no damnit, not the triangle, get the skull" focus fire tank. Then again, when have they made sense, could very well be bugged
Origon

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK