Remove Advertisements

Threat Meter + Rotations

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Threat Meter + Rotations

Postby Equitas » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:23 am

1) Didnt blizzard a while ago at the panels discuss that theyre going to build in a ingame threat meter? Anybody know what happened to that idea?

2) With so many tools at your disposal right now, how important will Judgements remain for aggro buildup? I mean if hammer of awesomeness and holy shlam(tm) are the new tank deals why still use it? I mean people here have even mentioned theyre leaving out consecration out of their rotation and as worldie put it so nice ( im just pressing buttons when cooldowns are up), is there any definitive conclusion or Theorycraft so far as to rotations?
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Image
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
User avatar
Equitas
 
Posts: 522
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:50 pm

Postby Worldie » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:26 am

Judgement should still remain in your rotation since it's off the GCD and doesn't remove the seal anymore. Unless extremely mana starved i don't see any reason to not judge everytime the CD is up
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13369
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Khayne » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:30 am

Also if you judge judgement of wisdom, you actually gain mana by judging so i dont see any reason ever to not judge.
Image
Khayne
 
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:48 pm
Location: Finland

Postby Equitas » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:50 am

Khayne wrote:Also if you judge judgement of wisdom, you actually gain mana by judging so i dont see any reason ever to not judge.


I thought it just leaves a debuff where you gain mana on autoattack? or only when you judge?


Worldie but judgements still cause a global cooldown right?
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Image
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
User avatar
Equitas
 
Posts: 522
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:50 pm

Postby illudin » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:51 am

i never even knew that they where thinking of a built in threat meter, thats awsome(if it comes out)

tho yes seeing as we don't have to replenish seals often i can see it being used very often since as was stated it's off GCD
illudin
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:07 pm

Postby Worldie » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:51 am

Equitas wrote:
Worldie but judgements still cause a global cooldown right?

No, they are off GCD, meaning they don't cause any GCD
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13369
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Equitas » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:54 am

Worldie wrote:
Equitas wrote:
Worldie but judgements still cause a global cooldown right?

No, they are off GCD, meaning they don't cause any GCD


this is making me horny... does that make me weird ?

Are we seriously getting stupidly overpowered TPS monsters or did warriors receive some love aswell?
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Image
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
User avatar
Equitas
 
Posts: 522
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:50 pm

Postby Origon » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:54 am

yes, yes it does

no, you're not alone
User avatar
Origon
 
Posts: 693
Joined: Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:03 pm

Postby Vanifae » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:56 am

Equitas wrote:
Worldie wrote:
Equitas wrote:
Worldie but judgements still cause a global cooldown right?

No, they are off GCD, meaning they don't cause any GCD


this is making me horny... does that make me weird ?

Are we seriously getting stupidly overpowered TPS monsters or did warriors receive some love aswell?

Baseline threat level has risen for everyone remember Blessing of Salvation is no more just a 10 second buff called Hand o fSalvation.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
User avatar
Vanifae
 
Posts: 7123
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:36 am

Postby Equitas » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:02 am

Vanifae wrote:
Equitas wrote:
Worldie wrote:
Equitas wrote:
Worldie but judgements still cause a global cooldown right?

No, they are off GCD, meaning they don't cause any GCD


this is making me horny... does that make me weird ?

Are we seriously getting stupidly overpowered TPS monsters or did warriors receive some love aswell?

Baseline threat level has risen for everyone remember Blessing of Salvation is no more just a 10 second buff called Hand o fSalvation.


Yes im aware of that, but comparison of our abilities it looks like we do have the better synergy between BV Strength and Stamina ( aggro aggro aggro). Our abilities also seem to generate way more threat and scale better than warris do (i.e holy shlam not affected by armor lvls of a boss since its holy dmg etc)

and btw im just saying but... naxxramas lvl 80... full of undead mobs... seriously... its getting hot in here.. so take of all your pants... i am getting no rage... i want that pally tank yeah!
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Image
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
User avatar
Equitas
 
Posts: 522
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:50 pm

Postby Vanifae » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:03 am

Wow calm down.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
User avatar
Vanifae
 
Posts: 7123
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:36 am

Postby ulushnar » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:04 am

Vanifae wrote:Wow calm down.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
User avatar
ulushnar
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 5442
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 6:56 am
Location: Bollocks, Scotland

Postby Lemondish » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:03 pm

NO keep going. I'm excited too /dances with Equitas.

I haven't ever really tanked as a warrior, but seeing as how pretty much everything they have is now also scaling with attack power, wouldn't the addition of tremendous amounts of strength even out the threat level? I mean we gained a ton of new abilities, but it wasn't like they didn't HAVE a ton of abilities to begin with.
Lemondish
 
Posts: 132
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:49 pm

Postby Vanifae » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:19 pm

Lemondish wrote:NO keep going. I'm excited too /dances with Equitas.

I haven't ever really tanked as a warrior, but seeing as how pretty much everything they have is now also scaling with attack power, wouldn't the addition of tremendous amounts of strength even out the threat level? I mean we gained a ton of new abilities, but it wasn't like they didn't HAVE a ton of abilities to begin with.

Yes they are also getting changes too and there threat should be quite good as well.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
User avatar
Vanifae
 
Posts: 7123
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:36 am

Postby Lexdivina » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:30 am

Hi,

about judgements that are off GCD, that's already the case since quite a long time.
You can judge while GCD, and judgements don't cause any GCD already.

Because of that you can use some macro like those in this helpful topic:
Code: Select all
#showtooltip
/cast Judgement
/stopcasting
/cast Seal of Righteousness


Only possible because they are off GCD.


Talking about Warriors' threat, their Defensive Stance will become +45% threat, instead of 30% at the moment.
It seems like every tanks will have a threat boost with the removal of Blessing of Salvation.


What's interesting is, Worldie said, seals are no longer removed while judgeing, really cool for mana and we won't last without seal if we judged by mistake during a GCD.
Lexdivina
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:18 am

Next

Return to WotLK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest
?php } else { ?