Remove Advertisements

Interesting Figures

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Mavrix » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:06 am

Sarkan-ZdC wrote:Sure.

Paladin stands there, just gets hit by a mob until he reaches 50%. Holy makes him be a beacon of light.

If healing generates Aggro for the Holy, Holy will find out immediately.

If it generates 0 Threat, just wait until healed full, dropping again, spam flash of light. If you need a long time it is probably 190 x Aggro *g*

I try to log my combatlog.

Except it doesn't heal the target it's cast on, right? It heals those around the target it's cast on. So you'd need 3 people to test.
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
Mavrix

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:08 am

or let the holy pally take the damage while dummy-tank is there to take the beacon.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Base » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:28 am

From the pull I don't see this being much of an agro generator unless everyone in the group has low health (ie strips and re-equips their gear) because overheals don't cause threat.

Maybe that'll be the new pally pull technique - everyone get naked!
Base

Postby Dendrah » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:35 am

you can only change weapons/shields while in combat...

I wouldn't recommend risking half the DPS cought with their pants down :twisted:
Dendrah

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:39 am

I understood it so, that it also heals the beacon?
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby Gustov » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:48 am

Mavrix wrote:
Sarkan-ZdC wrote:Sure.

Paladin stands there, just gets hit by a mob until he reaches 50%. Holy makes him be a beacon of light.

If healing generates Aggro for the Holy, Holy will find out immediately.

If it generates 0 Threat, just wait until healed full, dropping again, spam flash of light. If you need a long time it is probably 190 x Aggro *g*

I try to log my combatlog.

Except it doesn't heal the target it's cast on, right? It heals those around the target it's cast on. So you'd need 3 people to test.

Beacon of Light Rank 5
2330 Mana 40 yd range
1.5 sec cast
The target becomes a Beacon of Light, healing all party or raid members within 10 yards for 2000 over 15 sec.

It heals ALL party/raid members within 10 yrds. so that includes the person who it has been cast on.
Gustov

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:30 am

I'm going to be home quite late (BBQ INC), but this is one thing I wanted to try the last 3-4 days.

IF it works like expected (I expect it to be like this *g*), then it will be a VERY nice Synergy between Holy -> Prot. Same goes for Ret -> Prot (Enhanced Ret Aura will pawn bad, yes we do have a Ret Paladin).

But for any AoE Heal Situation (Think about Sunwell.. I think AoE Damage to the Raid WILL be common), drop this early on the MT and he WILL gain more TPS then a missdirection.

Think about this:

10 Players in Range of 25 Players. Each takes.. lets say 10k Damage in 15 Sek. Say you heal 5k with this. That is 50k Healing or 25k Threat for a Warrior or 47,5k for a Paladin.

I do hope the Aggro Buff will stay in with healing. Not just holy damage!
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby Lore » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:36 am

Karock wrote:
Lore wrote:From the wording it seems like that's what it does, can anyone with beta check? It wouldn't be hard to test, just cast it on someone else, and if the combat log says they're doing the healing, they're getting the threat.

You'd probably have to actually do a threat test and see if you could get someone to pull aggro off of you with it. It could be like lifebloom and read that they are the owners but not actually give them threat.

The threat from the HoT component of Lifebloom reads as from the Druid and gives threat to the Druid. The "bloom" at the end reads as from the target and gives threat to the target.

There's very little ambiguity left in the combat log at this point. Everything it lists is just a function of what just happened from a mechanics standpoint. If the combat log reads that you cast something, then you cast it :P
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:37 am

PoM generates Aggro by the target, not the caster. Why not Beacon?
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby Lemondish » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:47 am

Sarkan-ZdC wrote:PoM generates Aggro by the target, not the caster. Why not Beacon?

Because it would be an extremely high amount of threat, making it tremendously imbalanced.

Tanks are supposed to actually cause threat themselves, as opposed to standing still with a heal spell on them.
Lemondish

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:23 am

Hmmm.. good point. :cry:

Maybe they miss it :twisted:

But if it would be threat free, it would say so in the tooltip, right? So all the Threat to the Holy? That would make it.. dangerous as hell in AoE 25 Raid Situations.

I'm going to try it anyhow.
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby Lemondish » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:10 am

Sarkan-ZdC wrote:Hmmm.. good point. :cry:

Maybe they miss it :twisted:

But if it would be threat free, it would say so in the tooltip, right? So all the Threat to the Holy? That would make it.. dangerous as hell in AoE 25 Raid Situations.

I'm going to try it anyhow.

Well its early, so it may be changed (or reworded). If it did provide the threat to the target, then say goodbye to paladin tanks. No reason to have a Paladin tank when you can throw 3 Holy Paladins in the mix and hit the remaining other 3 tank classes with beacons.
Lemondish

Postby PsiVen » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:51 am

Except that a paladin would get 90% more threat from a single Beacon, and even now it's rare that I see a raid with 3 holy paladins.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Angella » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:59 am

PsiVen wrote:Except that a paladin would get 90% more threat from a single Beacon, and even now it's rare that I see a raid with 3 holy paladins.

True.

We run with 5 holy paladins sometimes.
Angella

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:30 pm

Angella wrote:
PsiVen wrote:Except that a paladin would get 90% more threat from a single Beacon, and even now it's rare that I see a raid with 3 holy paladins.

True.

We run with 5 holy paladins sometimes.
You don't want to try M'uru.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK