Spell Warding not necessary in WotLK?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Ilara » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:15 am

if the percentage was higer, i might actually consider it useful. as it is though, I prefer improved walking (PoJ) :)
Guillex wrote:chop chop slap chop slap slap /b/ fap fap.... gogo
Ilara

Postby Chevalier » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:19 am

it all depends on how much % of the damage being thrown around is spell damage
Chevalier

Postby Macha » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:37 am

Never saw a way for this talent to be worked in ever since the last talent revamp, and in WOTLK, it's even worse. I just don't have the points to spend for a weak talent like this.

Sure, it'd help a tiny bit against the final boss in Utgarde Keep - but hell, running away seems better to me. I really can't see spelldamage being that much of a problem. Especially since even if it where, I wouldn't know where to get the points either way.
Macha

Postby Mithos » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:38 am

Salamandra wrote:I can't think of one heroic boss where the spell damage is even close to the physical damage you take

Nexus Prince Shaffar in heroic Mana tombs ;) I remember I used to put some FR gear on and use FrR aura when i was packing blue gear...

Anyway, I am more and more inclined to drop Spell Warding, I really want a beta key so I can get a first hand look at it and optimise threat talents accordingly. Currently the only raid encounters where it is mega useful which I can think of right now are Kael if you are MTing him (and have to eat one pyro), and Felmyst if you are MTing her - it cuts about 360 dmg off a corrosion hit, and even that isn't amazing. Even if there are some raid encounters where damage is purely magic damage on the tank, you would probably put a Death Knight tank if you have one or a warrior on it for the 16% reduction + reflect etc. The more I think about it the more I want to drop it really, unless they combine a few more talents I don't think there is any room for it anymore.

Warriors get basically the same talent but 1 extra rank, taking it up to 6%. Anyone with experience in that field able ti say whether people take it or not? From most builds I've seen I guess they have enough points to actually get it I think?
Mithos

Previous

Return to WotLK