Remove Advertisements

T6 useless in WotLK

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

T6 useless in WotLK

Postby Legionp » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:28 am

Since people are saying that we don't need spell damage any more due to the stam conversion. Should I drop my T6 gear and go for warrior off pieces? Seems silly that blizzard would screw us over like that in the transition. Nearly all of my current pieces have spell damage on them... no longer useful?

Reminds me of the spell damage used in retribution pre-TBC.
Legionp

Postby ulushnar » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:29 am

It won't be useless. Unlike Ret, they haven't removed spellpower coefficents from our key spells.

In fact you'll have the T6 spelldamage on top of the stuff you get from Stamina.

Going into WotLK, you'll be a threat god.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Eaglestrike » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:41 am

I'd say no, mostly because the main stat to replace our spell damage with will be strength, which isn't on most warrior gear atm. Both warriors and paladins will be replacing their t6 at about the same time. We'll be able to make stupidly strong consecrations for early WotLK and as we get the WotLK tanking gear I'll single target tps will increase dramatically, but our aoe threat won't really get any better than with early t6 for quite a while.

And I imagine the 2-pc t6 bonus will be very very nice to have maybe even until t7 is out...
Eaglestrike

Postby Griffonheart » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:59 pm

Given the ample amount of stam on all tanking gears atm, warrior or paladin, I'd think T6 still rock with a spell damage MH. The only issue is the sucky Hammer of Righteousness until you can replace the MH.
True Voyage is Return

Griffonheart

Postby Tycho » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:52 pm

Hopefully they reitemize T6 to have +Str rather than +SD, but it's probably not too likely since it will be the new "old world" gear.
US > Thaurissan > Snowblood (80 BE Pally - For the Horde, baby!)
Tycho

Postby Melathys » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:36 pm

so, if they release wotlk talents before the actual expansion (as I gather they did for BC and 41 pt talents)...will we see reitemization of gear and the 2str=1bv at that time? or would that still only come with the expansion?
Melathys

Postby Worldie » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:00 pm

Don't think that would happen.

Unlike vanilla->tbc, there's a high number of gamebreaking changes with the new talents.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Akushi » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:21 pm

tad bit off topic but..

Won't you essentially be able to instantly replace your weapon the second the patch comes out and either go up or down roughly 60~ spell dmg, considering the amount of stam i have, i think it's 1300 unbuffed (dunno been working so much haven't logged in in a while) that's 390 spell dmg for me

Take my weapon into consideration that's the Amani Punisher 217+40, i'm running 510 spell dmg cause i can lol =p but with the new HotR i think i wouldn't mind dropping my weapon instantly for a warrior weapon straight off prob use my Suneater for the fun of it. (and still be at 603 unbuffed spell dmg)
Akushi

Postby Worldie » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:24 pm

I got more spelldam on WotlK while using The Unbreakable Will than on retail with the dildo.

Obviously i got stupid amount of spelldamage using the dildo in the beta.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Chevalier » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:09 pm

The coefficients place spelldamage and AP affecting our skills equally
But, AP is cheaper item value wise, and we need AP for our 51-point talent to work, so AP gear will be preferred. Of course, it's looking like we'll have no choice and all tanking gear will not have spelldamage on it.
The reason they have spelldamage affect the coefficents is so that you don't run into wrath completely screwed. The gear will last you for awhile.
Chevalier

Postby Digren » Sun Jul 27, 2008 7:25 am

Griffonheart wrote:Given the ample amount of stam on all tanking gears atm, warrior or paladin, I'd think T6 still rock with a spell damage MH. The only issue is the sucky Hammer of Righteousness until you can replace the MH.

Which is why I'm looking for a new MH to pick up before WotLK releases.

I think my gear (badge/SSC/Hyjal) will last until level 75-76 or so if I understand the alpha/beta reports. It seems silly though to walk into WotLK and replace my weapon at level 71 because my old one is just wrong.

Actually I'm picking up warrior pieces for several slots, especially ZA gear that would otherwise rot, as I think it will become my primary gear pretty quickly. It really depends on how often I want Consecrate spam on those early-level instances.
Digren

Postby Lemondish » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:43 am

Chevalier wrote:The coefficients place spelldamage and AP affecting our skills equally
But, AP is cheaper item value wise, and we need AP for our 51-point talent to work, so AP gear will be preferred. Of course, it's looking like we'll have no choice and all tanking gear will not have spelldamage on it.
The reason they have spelldamage affect the coefficents is so that you don't run into wrath completely screwed. The gear will last you for awhile.

Its probably to also cater to the Holy Paladin who'll need to use those same abilities for soloing and questing in between instance grinding to 80.
Also, seeing as how the new strength to block value conversion is significantly lower, stacking AP also aids with Holy Shield Smack as well as Hammer.
Lemondish

Postby Lemondish » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:51 am

Digren wrote:
Griffonheart wrote:Given the ample amount of stam on all tanking gears atm, warrior or paladin, I'd think T6 still rock with a spell damage MH. The only issue is the sucky Hammer of Righteousness until you can replace the MH.

Which is why I'm looking for a new MH to pick up before WotLK releases.

I think my gear (badge/SSC/Hyjal) will last until level 75-76 or so if I understand the alpha/beta reports. It seems silly though to walk into WotLK and replace my weapon at level 71 because my old one is just wrong.

Actually I'm picking up warrior pieces for several slots, especially ZA gear that would otherwise rot, as I think it will become my primary gear pretty quickly. It really depends on how often I want Consecrate spam on those early-level instances.

The transition between gear is truly going to be the biggest hurdle to overcome, because with it also comes a new play style. Given the increase in our single target threat, as well as new abilities giving us more focused multi target threat, it might not be required to faceroll consecrations anymore, which would lead to a more strategic use of the ability.
Keep in mind that although Concies still scale with spell power, they apparently do not gain anything from AP, whereas most of our Seals, the 51 pointer, and in exchange the new Shield of Righteousness do. With the gear change, concies will only scale with your stam (from the conversion talent) and therefore may not be that much stronger than they currently are. I think the days of chain casting concies in order to effectively AoE tank are gone, ushing a new more focused (and in effect, enjoyable) playstyle.
The biggest issue with picking up warrior pieces for the slots past ZA is that most warrior gear lacks strength just like ours. I'd stick with your current gear and just wade through the transition as best you can, though grabbing a nice, slow, one hander would be best for Hammer of the Righteous.
Lemondish

hrm

Postby Mavrix » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:38 pm

At some point we'll need to start making gear lists and prioritizing what replaces what, etc.
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
Mavrix

Re: hrm

Postby Lemondish » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:45 pm

Mavrix wrote:At some point we'll need to start making gear lists and prioritizing what replaces what, etc.

That would probably be the best idea, especially considering the varying levels of gear the majority of the Protection Paladins will be sporting.

To be honest though, I haven't decided if I'll be leveling with the pimpin prot or the rapin ret. 13k crits sound like super fun ;)
Lemondish

Next

Return to WotLK