So i went to drak'tharon keep

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

So i went to drak'tharon keep

Postby Worldie » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:30 am

Bored paladin is bored, so what's better than doing a 74-76 istance at lvl 70?

First of all, i was failing hard on aggro, hitcapped T6 mage/locks > me, but somehow i could keep it long enough to not let them die...... at least, on trashs.

Everything was tauntable, with tons of misses, but it was.

That said, this place really really got my approval. Not many trashs, relatively easy (assuming you meet the level requirement, which we don't :P ). Some AoE packs as well. I eventually tested the Bubble talent, also... and i was not taking any damage while bubbled, while the others were in fact taking less damage.

That said, pic waterfall inc!

Trashs were mostly made of 2-3 melees and 0-2 casters, with the addition of Void Zone spamming trashs (kekeke), AoErs (blood drain like Blood Mages in bt), cone attackers, and undeads everywhere! Everything was tauntable, stunnable, CCable (turn evil/sheep/trap/fear) but you shouldn't really need CC for this, we didn't as underleveled, at appropriate level would by far not be needed.

First boss was cool, giant troll, troll adds come, and he eats them and gets bigger, and Bigger, and BIGGER. I forgot to take pics, but he just looked like one of those Berserkers in ZG.

Second boss was similar to Vashj, there were adds who came but who had few HP and could have been 2-shotted, and elites who you would tank, kill, dropped some keys to use on crystals and free the boss, then the boss itself would just spam frostbolts on random people.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Third boss we didn't really get the mechanics perfectly, and the fact i didn't notice RF off (wtb addons) didn't help. He had some mangle, a bleed of the kind who need 100% hp to be removed, and a shout for more damage taken... he did some emote but we didn't manage to understand what it stood for, i "think" it anticipates the coming of the skills but i can't be sure.
ImageImageImageImage

Last boss was as well fun, there were some poison clouds to move from, then at some point he would turn everyone into skeletons, and you would get new skills, a melee attack, a growl, a shield and drain life... fun fun :)
ImageImageImageImage

Random pics:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Seriously, Blizzard put a lot of effort in new places design... 10+ !
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Andox » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:51 am

Wow, looks like a great place
Andox

Re: So i went to drak'tharon keep

Postby Exalt » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:42 am

Worldie wrote:That said, this place really really got my approval. Not many trashs, relatively easy (assuming you meet the level requirement, which we don't :P ). Some AoE packs as well. I eventually tested the Bubble talent, also... and i was not taking any damage while bubbled, while the others were in fact taking less damage.

That said, pic waterfall inc!

Trashs were mostly made of 2-3 melees and

zomgoblinz!
Exalt - 70 - Argent Dawn

Exalt

Postby lusisia » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:08 am

Worldie wrote:
That said, this place really really got my approval. Not many trashs, relatively easy (assuming you meet the level requirement, which we don't :P ). Some AoE packs as well. I eventually tested the Bubble talent, also... and i was not taking any damage while bubbled, while the others were in fact taking less damage.

Let's be clear here. You did not lose agro during the bubble? Or the reduction in damage to the party meant that it didn't matter that you did?
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:12 am

Think he lost aggro through immunity, and the rest of the group gained the 30% damage reduction.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Stings » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:21 am

Worldie wrote:First of all, i was failing hard on aggro, hitcapped T6 mage/locks > me, but somehow i could keep it long enough to not let them die...... at least, on trashs.

So are you saying that eventhough you have ~1000 spelldmg, threat is an issue? I had the feeling we would be threat gods during lvling cause of our current spelldmg gear + talent.
Stings

Postby Arjuna » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:26 am

Stings wrote:
Worldie wrote:First of all, i was failing hard on aggro, hitcapped T6 mage/locks > me, but somehow i could keep it long enough to not let them die...... at least, on trashs.

So are you saying that eventhough you have ~1000 spelldmg, threat is an issue? I had the feeling we would be threat gods during lvling cause of our current spelldmg gear + talent.

umm...it's against orange/red mobs...

a hitcapped dps WILL do much more damage on them vs our threat, than if it was an yellow/orange mob...

it's all about the lvl differance I bet...
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby lusisia » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:29 am

Snake-Aes wrote:Think he lost aggro through immunity, and the rest of the group gained the 30% damage reduction.

I figured. That still sucks. I mean honestly a talent that deep in prot won't fuck up pvp balance and talent could be modified such that you get a reduced bubble time if you spec into it but don't drop aggro through immunity.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:30 am

Stings wrote:

Well, it's much harder to hit a mob 5 levels above you when you have 0 hit in your gear than it is for a mage with 16% extra hit, having effectively half the chance to miss.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Stings » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:39 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
Stings wrote:

Well, it's much harder to hit a mob 5 levels above you when you have 0 hit in your gear than it is for a mage with 16% extra hit, having effectively half the chance to miss.

Ye while that is true, im pretty sure consecration can only resist on the initial tick and it is our "main" aoe threat builder. I guess the mages werent single nuking with a pala tank.
So i basicly just wanted his opinion if threat was a general issue or just a problem because of the lvl difference ;)
Stings

Postby Worldie » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:54 am

Stings wrote:

Mobs were level 76, red to me, and i had less than 4% hit while mage and locks had over 20% and were 2-3 levels above me. I was just getting a crapton of resists.

I went back today, at 71, and even if it was only one level difference, i held aggro already better due to mobs being orange and not red.

I can hold aggro fine on 3+ mobs in "proper level" 5 mens :)

Consecration was getting tons of 75% resists.
Last edited by Worldie on Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Arjuna » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:55 am

it may be our biggest threat source, but not our only...and i bet that the dps just werent using their biggest dps sources but all they had...
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Akushi » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:55 am

HAHA

"[Worldi]: gimmie shield dual wield"

Shield Slam + Shield Bitch Slap rotation

Main hand shield has a 50% block value reduction

3 rank talent to lower the reduction 40/30/25%

haha that'd be so messed up.

i wish i could play beta and mess around with the new content would make me happy.
Akushi

Return to WotLK