Remove Advertisements

DK faction question

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

DK faction question

Postby praetorae » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:21 am

OK 1st a disclaimer; Please please please don't hate me for posting here asking for info about DK's :) Also i have tried searching both here and the official forums (ugh) to see if this question has been brought up yet or not and I can't find anything about it so.....

To create a DK char you need to have a lvl 55 toon on that server, but will you be able to choose which faction your DK is, irrespective of what faction your original lvl 55 char is?

For example, if I have a lvl 57 Human paladin on a normal server, will I be able to create a lvl 55 Undead DK once WotLK hits? Or will i be stuck creating alliance DK's on this server until I lvl up a Horde char to 55?

Obviously we are still going to be limited faction-wise on PvP servers, but I can't find any info about this on Normal/RP servers.

Anyone got any answers, or have Blizz just not let us know yet?
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
praetorae
Maintankadonor

Postby Falkman » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:24 am

The only faction limit there will be is the pvp server one.
If you are on a normal server and have an alliance lvl 57 you can create a horde death knight.
Barbossa, lvl 80 human tankadin
Jazine, lvl 80 draenei shaman
Ywaine, lvl 80 draenei death knight
Falkman

Postby Worldie » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:25 am

You require a lvl 55 of the faction you want to make it i think...
Can't tell tbh, i got both ally and horde 70 on the beta so i can make both ><
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Falkman » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:26 am

Worldie, the official info from Blizzard has not stated any such requirement, only that you have a lvl 55, doesn't matter which faction.

Edit: quote from the official WotLK site:

"Unlocking and Creating the Death Knight

Simply have a character of at least level 55 on the World of Warcraft account you play, and you will be able to create a new level-55 death knight of any race (if on a PvP realm, the death knight must be the same faction as your existing character). Upon entering the world, your neophyte death knight will undertake a series of quests designed to teach you your new abilities. You will be able to create one death knight per realm, per account."
Last edited by Falkman on Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Barbossa, lvl 80 human tankadin
Jazine, lvl 80 draenei shaman
Ywaine, lvl 80 draenei death knight
Falkman

Postby praetorae » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:29 am

Sounds good,

but then again we all know how accurate 'Official Blizzard information' is don't we!

[Edit]

How the Hell did I miss that official post thing? I seriously suck @ searching obviously.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
praetorae
Maintankadonor

Return to WotLK