WotLK prot pallys and gearing for the future

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Aalryn » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:56 am

Syrcla wrote:
I wouldn't worry too much, the libram is a myth!

God I wish. We seemed to have gotten that libram almost every week. Having a boss drop an item that is used for 1 spec for 1 class that many guilds do not even have is just a bad idea on a boss with only a 6 item loot table.

Back on topic, stats are not being majorly re-worked in this expansion like they were in the last one. Your gear will last you longer than it did previously.
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

Postby Soltyr » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:18 am

Aalryn wrote:God I wish. We seemed to have gotten that libram almost every week. Having a boss drop an item that is used for 1 spec for 1 class that many guilds do not even have is just a bad idea on a boss with only a 6 item loot table.

And DK will get another unique relic as ranged slot (symbol).
Bliz should think a way to make a common use of the relic for shaman/druid/paladin/dk.
Soltyr

heh

Postby Mavrix » Sun Jul 27, 2008 8:33 am

Soltyr wrote:
Aalryn wrote:God I wish. We seemed to have gotten that libram almost every week. Having a boss drop an item that is used for 1 spec for 1 class that many guilds do not even have is just a bad idea on a boss with only a 6 item loot table.

And DK will get another unique relic as ranged slot (symbol).
Bliz should think a way to make a common use of the relic for shaman/druid/paladin/dk.

All dungeon drop relics should be able to be turned in for the other class versions at some relic trader/vendor somewhere so if the libram drops and no one needs it then a shaman can get their totem by turning it in, etc.
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
Mavrix

Postby Lemondish » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:00 pm

If you're a blacksmith there's a pretty decent stam/str defense set you can craft with the Northrend mats. Not exactly the best mind you, but if your gear is a bit lower in the ilvl then it certainly wouldn't help.

Thankfully all our abilities still scale with spell damage AS WELL AS the added attack power scaling. We shouldn't see much of a drop off as we enter Northrend. I would suggest picking up a nice slow high damage range weapon for Hammer of the Righteous.
Lemondish

Previous

Return to WotLK