Remove Advertisements

WotLK prot pallys and gearing for the future

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

WotLK prot pallys and gearing for the future

Postby fezik » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:18 pm

hey im new to posting here but ive been reading for awhile now and i was thinking, now that beta paladins are pushing tanking armor with stam/strength and maybe even agility as it will add armor/dodge and melee crit what gear out now could prot paladins pick up to slip into once the x-pac comes out?

im already almost done gathering the mats for my dragonstrike! (HotR FTW).

is anyone else stockpiling on some "warrior" oriented gear right now?
fezik

Postby UMIO » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:25 pm

im pretty sure this would be pointless as when the patch comes out the northrend greens will be close to tier 6 lvl. the only items worth saving would be necklaces and trinket since they usually don't get replaced straight away
UMIO

Postby Sechs » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:39 pm

Don't forget libram that probaly wont get replaced until the end of the frozen throne. :P
Sechs

Postby Arjuna » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:43 pm

UMIO wrote:im pretty sure this would be pointless as when the patch comes out the northrend greens will be close to tier 6 lvl. the only items worth saving would be necklaces and trinket since they usually don't get replaced straight away

how so? the items I have seen so far havent even begun to compare to my badge items even...
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Worldie » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:52 pm

UMIO wrote:im pretty sure this would be pointless as when the patch comes out the northrend greens will be close to tier 6 lvl. the only items worth saving would be necklaces and trinket since they usually don't get replaced straight away

Northrend greens are close to T4 levels. Level 75 blues are T5-T6 gear.

T6.5 will last well into lvl 80 judging by the ilvl.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Melathys » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:52 pm

We're not going to see a dramatic shift as when BC hit. I don't figure on replacing badge gear til 75ish blues. Sunwell gear will be replaced by 78-80 blues. Not like seeing people replace their T3ish gear with 58-60 BC greens.

How I translate what I've read from blue posts, is that dungeon/quest blues 70-78ish are going to bridge the gap in gear from fresh 70s (ie, hit 70 just as WotLK hits) and established t5-6+ geared players. The goal being to put all fresh 80s on even ground.

Thats the gist I got anyway.
Melathys

Postby Stings » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:59 pm

Melathys wrote:We're not going to see a dramatic shift as when BC hit. I don't figure on replacing badge gear til 75ish blues. Sunwell gear will be replaced by 78-80 blues. Not like seeing people replace their T3ish gear with 58-60 BC greens.

How I translate what I've read from blue posts, is that dungeon/quest blues 70-78ish are going to bridge the gap in gear from fresh 70s (ie, hit 70 just as WotLK hits) and established t5-6+ geared players. The goal being to put all fresh 80s on even ground.

I replaced my t3 gloves on my rogue in zangarmarsh with a green q-reward :P
Stings

Postby Arjuna » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:06 am

Sechs wrote:Don't forget libram that probaly wont get replaced until the end of the frozen throne. :P

wtb BT run for the libram!!! :(

Sometimes i hate my guild for being casual :P
Arjuna

Postby Arjuna » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:10 am

Stings wrote:
Melathys wrote:We're not going to see a dramatic shift as when BC hit. I don't figure on replacing badge gear til 75ish blues. Sunwell gear will be replaced by 78-80 blues. Not like seeing people replace their T3ish gear with 58-60 BC greens.

I replaced my t3 gloves on my rogue in zangarmarsh with a green q-reward :P

my t2 helm wasent replaced until 70...loads of my gear wasent replaced until 65+ and I haden't even been in AQ40...(well one 42% whipe on prophet doesnt count)
Arjuna

Postby Eaglestrike » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:47 am

I'm actually considering using my ret cape (Razor-scale battlecloak or something off Tidewalker) and getting the ring (also a SSC drop iirc) similar to it and use it for WotLK. STR/AGI/STAM on a ring/cloak, pretty good amounts, can effectively work for dodge as a tank and the strength is nice for both points in WotLK.
Eaglestrike

Postby Syrcla » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:26 am

Arjuna wrote:
Sechs wrote:Don't forget libram that probaly wont get replaced until the end of the frozen throne. :P

I wouldn't worry too much, the libram is a myth!
Syrcla

Postby Noradin » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:59 am

Syrcla wrote:I wouldn't worry too much, the libram is a myth!
ImageImage
Noradin

Postby Aarek » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:19 am

The main reason in the dramatic gear shift between Original and TBC when everyone hit the outlands was the re-itemization of stamina. They gave every item more stamina so items with the same stamina had more other stats and items with the same other stats had more stamina making them better in both cases.

Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'.
Aarek

Postby Arquine » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:15 am

Syrcla wrote:
I wouldn't worry too much, the libram is a myth!

got disenchanted way too many times. the drop rate is even more than the conqueror t6.
Arquine

Postby Obrimos » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:30 am

Arjuna wrote:

Just get the Ret libram from H. BF ;D.
Obrimos

Next

Return to WotLK