Remove Advertisements

Is there any way ShR will make it to Live?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Mortehl » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:50 pm

I imagine the strength thing is broken. Patience grasshopper.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl
Moderator
 
Posts: 1289
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:25 am
Location: Naxx 10 prepping for Naxx 25

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:15 pm

It's not "broken" per se, as that is how the talent has worked since it was implemented in patch 1.1.

It is however, "broken" now given the way they are doing tank itemization with Str replacing BV, it no longer operates anywhere near intended efficiency. Which is why Fridmarr posted a Suggestion on the beta forums about it.
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 10455
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Postby Mortehl » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:22 pm

A suggestion I seconded actually.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl
Moderator
 
Posts: 1289
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:25 am
Location: Naxx 10 prepping for Naxx 25

Postby Dantriges » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:48 pm

What is this suggestion ?
Dantriges
 
Posts: 1252
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:39 am

Postby Chevalier » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:45 pm

Worldie wrote:Tbh i don't notice many threat issues on the beta atm, the only one who was constantly overaggroing me was a full T6/haste mage, which would overaggro me even on live with BoSalv anyway considering i cba putting marks.


You should group with an OP Ret Paladin (told me he was judging for 6k) or a demo warlock thats gone Illidan. (demo 51 pt talent)
I'm still using my Hammer of Judgement though...so it makes our 51 pt. protection talent not worth using...im waiting for a better weapon to replace it. I should probably try an instance with any old non-spell dmg wpn sometime though.
User avatar
Chevalier
 
Posts: 449
Joined: Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:29 am

Postby _Chloe » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:30 am

Thought this fit:
Image
User avatar
_Chloe
Moderator
 
Posts: 966
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 6:36 pm
Location: Santa Monica, CA

Postby Arjuna » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:56 am

the Leman Russ Battletank is awesome, really awesome!!! :D

now where did I put my old 40k books...
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
User avatar
Arjuna
 
Posts: 1841
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:26 am

Postby Worldie » Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:55 am

Chevalier wrote:
Worldie wrote:Tbh i don't notice many threat issues on the beta atm, the only one who was constantly overaggroing me was a full T6/haste mage, which would overaggro me even on live with BoSalv anyway considering i cba putting marks.


You should group with an OP Ret Paladin (told me he was judging for 6k) or a demo warlock thats gone Illidan. (demo 51 pt talent)
I'm still using my Hammer of Judgement though...so it makes our 51 pt. protection talent not worth using...im waiting for a better weapon to replace it. I should probably try an instance with any old non-spell dmg wpn sometime though.

I had a t6 lock but he was destro...
Ret paladin i got as well, but that doesn't count, they are bugged atm so can't really keep aggro from someone who does 14k crits.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13126
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Jerey-Darkspear » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:52 am

Apparently, the meta gem doesn't stack with BV from strength, either. Wonder if this is a bug or WAI though. Someone should submit a bug report for it in Beta and see what happens.
Image
Jerey-Darkspear
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:38 am

Postby Conaan! » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:02 pm

Worldie wrote:
Conaan! wrote:you got to remember, righteous fury is no longer 90% increase of holy damage to threat, its only 60% now, unless they changed that.

Tooltip on my buff says no.

Image


i stand corrected, though i do wonder why there letting holy/ret pallies get the same bonus we get from RF without speccing into it (threat wise not mitigation wise)
Image
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
User avatar
Conaan!
 
Posts: 1271
Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 3:22 pm

Postby Obrimos » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:17 pm

Conaan! wrote:
Worldie wrote:
Conaan! wrote:you got to remember, righteous fury is no longer 90% increase of holy damage to threat, its only 60% now, unless they changed that.

Tooltip on my buff says no.

Image


i stand corrected, though i do wonder why there letting holy/ret pallies get the same bonus we get from RF without speccing into it (threat wise not mitigation wise)


OTing.

Notice how there's a lot more hybrid in our trees. Stuff that's ONLY useful while we're preforming another role.
Image
Obrimos
 
Posts: 707
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:43 pm
Location: SoCal

Postby Fridmarr » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:43 pm

Obrimos wrote:
Conaan! wrote:
Worldie wrote:
Conaan! wrote:you got to remember, righteous fury is no longer 90% increase of holy damage to threat, its only 60% now, unless they changed that.

Tooltip on my buff says no.

Image


i stand corrected, though i do wonder why there letting holy/ret pallies get the same bonus we get from RF without speccing into it (threat wise not mitigation wise)


OTing.

Notice how there's a lot more hybrid in our trees. Stuff that's ONLY useful while we're preforming another role.


Actually they want non prot specs to be able to tank from a threat perspective and prot specs having more utility and mitigation. One of the problems in TBC was that for warriors it was backwards, in that most of the mitigation came from def stance and gear, but you really needed to be prot for threat. That really hurt that tanking shortage in 5 mans.

It'll be interesting to see how it all works out. Right now, guilds bring at least 3 prot tanks to raids, and often pallys are tanking the lighter weight stuff on boss encounters or healing if it requires fewer tanks. With DPS warriors being able to fullfil that light tanking role, they'll have to make sure we mitigate much more and that we bring more to a raid than kings. Encounters will need to be tuned a bit better for the non MT role too.

At the moment, it's a no brainer, but I don't think they are done with warriors yet.
Fridmarr
Global Mod
 
Posts: 9640
Joined: Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:03 am

Previous

Return to WotLK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest