Is there any way ShR will make it to Live?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Is there any way ShR will make it to Live?

Postby snowwight » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:56 pm

Admittedly, I don't have a beta key. I do however, have a +block value set. It's mostly ZA gear - no block value meta gem in the Battlesworn Tuskguard, sadly. But if I use the mother libram, and pop the Auto-blocker, I can sit a bit shy of 1500 bv. Str, if you factor in divine strength, kings, and shield spec, ends up at 0.8 block value per point. I think that by level 75, with the new str conversion rate, 1500 sans activated blocker will certainly be achievable. Let's just do a little bit of math on that.

1500 bv converts to 3000 damage. Of course we still have 1 hand spec, and shield of the templar, which changes that flat 3000 into an even more impressive 3,622. Since this is theorycrafting, let's just say you get lucky on the 4% or so crit I have in that gear and manage to crit with this attack. If that were to happen, now you're talking about a 7,245 crit. For a tiny mana cost, instant, on a 6 sec cooldown. Let's say this happens on a pull, and we've popped AW (why not?). We're now looking at a crit of 8,694. Which is of course, 16,518 threat. For a ranged class to pull off you, with no salv, and no threat reduction, they'd have to immediately follow your crit with one of their own.. for 23k.

Even non-crit, non-AW, we're still talking 1,146 tps from a single ability sans auto-attack.

The funny thing is, I was figuring for leveling, I would probably go ret with shield spec in prot. When you factor in vengeance, crusade, ret aura, Righteous Vengeance, and again pop AW, that 8,694 crit with a shield becomes no less than 10,004. Not bad for wearing gear that mitigates 1500 from every hit (and 8% crit from talents turns that 4% to 12%.. making actually getting a 3 stack of vengeance possible, if somewhat unlikely).

So sadly, though I love the spell, I don't think I'll ever get to use it. I just hope when they do nerf (toning it all the way down to 100% block value would still make it very powerful), they buff something else with block value scaling so that it evens out. My vote is for a mana regen based on block value, as discussed in the other thread, and/or BV-based consecrate scaling. You know that'd be awesome!
Tankadin since before it was a good idea
snowwight

Postby ulushnar » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:57 pm

It depends if it's a spell or a physical ability. Spells only get 150% damage on a crit. And you're talking about the effects of it when you're trinketed up.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby kalbear » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:05 pm

Even non-crit, non-AW, we're still talking 1,146 tps from a single ability sans auto-attack.

My bear regularly gets 2000 TPS mauls. It's not that special, honestly.
kalbear

Postby Mehnalas » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:07 pm

The extra damage and threat will make up for losing blessing of sacrifice as well as dps scaling up again.
Lore(lol) wrote:Short answer: No.

Long answer: Nope.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Mehnalas
Mehnalas

Re: Is there any way ShR will make it to Live?

Postby Hearthy » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:08 pm

snowwight wrote:Str, if you factor in divine strength, kings, and shield spec, ends up at 0.8 block value per point.

Shield Spec currently doesn't effect block value obtained from strength.
Hearthy

Postby Lore » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:24 pm

Also I wouldn't be surprised if +block value gear was phased out entirely, instead of being made in conjunction with the increased +str on gear. I think 1500 BV might be a bit generous of an estimate.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Sartor » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:28 pm

Shield Slam generates 5k extra aggro, so this our Shield of Righteousness will just fix the things up.
Sartor

Postby Vanifae » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:57 pm

They want tanks doing more damage then they are now.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Conaan! » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:32 pm

you got to remember, righteous fury is no longer 90% increase of holy damage to threat, its only 60% now, unless they changed that.
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Worldie » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:36 pm

Conaan! wrote:you got to remember, righteous fury is no longer 90% increase of holy damage to threat, its only 60% now, unless they changed that.

Tooltip on my buff says no.

theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Braundo » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:01 pm

Conaan! wrote:you got to remember, righteous fury is no longer 90% increase of holy damage to threat, its only 60% now, unless they changed that.

They rolled IRF into the base spell so it's always 90%.
Braundo
Maintankadonor

Postby Elennira » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:16 pm

well they removed BoSalv and tranq air totem, so i guess they were thinking 'well, why dont we make tanks do WTFpwnage tps, now'
Elennira

Postby Worldie » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:17 pm

Tbh i don't notice many threat issues on the beta atm, the only one who was constantly overaggroing me was a full T6/haste mage, which would overaggro me even on live with BoSalv anyway considering i cba putting marks.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby snowwight » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:11 pm

Lore wrote:Also I wouldn't be surprised if +block value gear was phased out entirely, instead of being made in conjunction with the increased +str on gear. I think 1500 BV might be a bit generous of an estimate.

Shield Spec currently doesn't effect block value obtained from strength.

If they phase out +bv, and shield spec doesn't affect bv from strength... isn't shield spec kind of worthless(for 3 talent points anyway)?
Tankadin since before it was a good idea
snowwight

Postby Melathys » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:13 pm

snowwight wrote:
If they phase out +bv, and shield spec doesn't affect bv from strength... isn't shield spec kind of worthless(for 8 talent points anyway)?

fixt
Melathys

Next

Return to WotLK