Remove Advertisements

I just tanked The Nexus :)

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

I just tanked The Nexus :)

Postby Worldie » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:32 am

Cloning vani's post.

This place is awesome and horrible too.

First of all, every pack is made of 3-4 mobs, making HotR wonderful for this place.

This istance basically requires you to go "down", kill 3 bosses, go up, free and kill a dragon.

The first part of the istance is filled with caster mobs, and it's quite painful, the dogs spam silences, and the mobs are all blood elves, and have Arcane Torrent, and most of them are casters.

First boss is quite fun, likes to throw everyone in the air, casts fireballs, spawns copies... not hard, but fun.
ImageImageImage

Second part of the istance features some arcane elementals, nothing particular, just aoetank everything and get casters down first.

The second boss, a big arcane elemental, is quite simple, he banishes himself and spawns some add which you nuke and then kill the boss. Simple, don't fall down tho.
ImageImageImage

The third part features AoEpacks, and groups of 3 mobs. Trees and such.

The third boss is just a big stone giant, which does some cold thingies on ground like Ahune.
ImageImageImageImage

Finally you get back up, free the dragon, this fight is quite cool, there's a slow+dot aura which stacks every 2 seconds, but disappears when you move. You then have to keep moving, that works for tank and dps and healer. He as well uses some Frozen Chains on random people to root them, which you can cleanse!
ImageImage

Overally i must say a nice place, not hard, cleared in about 1 hour with 1 wipe due to a overpull (4 packs are too many i'd say).

I love the place, graphic is simply awesome!

Random pics below:

First part:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Second part:
ImageImageImageImage

Third part:
ImageImageImageImageImage
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:35 am

OMG SCREENSHOT TORRENT

*drowns*
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Worldie » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:35 am

Meh the deal with the beta key was making reportages for my site, so i just translated the one i made for em :D
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:38 am

get it it's like arcane torrent but with screenshots lol.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Worldie » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:39 am

it's blue!

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Syrcla » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:14 am

MOAR WORLDIE...MOAR!

I can't believe how much I am looking forward to running 5 mans again....odd! 8)
Syrcla

Postby Braundo » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:17 am

Looks awesome. Thanks for all of the screenshots :)
Braundo
Maintankadonor

Postby Exalt » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:33 am

Awesome pics. What spec were you running for this, what was your rotation like and how did you find your tps? Ungodly or did you have to work harder at it than usual?
Exalt - 70 - Argent Dawn

Exalt

Postby Braundo » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:35 am

Simple, don't fall down tho.

So, can you fall off the platforms throughout the whole instance? What happens if you do?
Braundo
Maintankadonor

Postby Palafix » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:39 am

zomgsov
Palafix

Postby Worldie » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:44 am

Braundo wrote:

So, can you fall off the platforms throughout the whole instance? What happens if you do?

Well, you die ^^

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:47 am

Exalt wrote:Awesome pics. What spec were you running for this, what was your rotation like and how did you find your tps? Ungodly or did you have to work harder at it than usual?

Spec :
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sVZV0tIg0zRxqeRGo

My threat is fine as long as they didn't start Aoeing before the mobs got into the consecration. Honestly i had some troubles when going with the standard approach (Everyone nuke random target kk?), then i switched to the "Nuke skull then what you like more" and i didn't lose aggro even to the aoe-spamming DK.
Rotation was like "I click buttons when CD is ready".

I got pretty much same gear i use on live, simply using the unbreakable will instead of the hammer of judgement.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Braundo » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:01 am

Worldie wrote:
Braundo wrote:

Well, you die ^^

If all boss fights are on those floating platforms, I'm forseeing a LOT of wipes due to someone falling/being knocked off the edge then :lol:
Last edited by Braundo on Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Braundo
Maintankadonor

Postby twinkfist » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:04 am

what enchant do you have on the unbreakable will? mongoose or executioner?
twinkfist

Postby Worldie » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:06 am

20 agi ^-^

Worldie
Global Mod

Next

Return to WotLK