Remove Advertisements

No more +spell sword?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Lemondish » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:34 pm

Sarkan-ZdC wrote:The Thing is, there is no Omen on Beta Test. But I tanked the first two instances using the Sword from Hyjal with Mongoose enchanted.

I did good damage (found a working damage meter), better then some of the DD classes.

I got like 650 Spelldamage without the weapon. But with a SD Weapon things rock.

So I'm still not convinced.

See with a spell damage weapon and spell damage gear, most of your abilities scale mostly on the extra spell power, with almost nothing coming from the attack power side. So you have a new strike with the same gear as before, with talents that increase the abilities you were already using.

What we'll probably see as we gear up at 80 is a significant shift from spell power to strength as our primary threat stat. With Shield of Righteousness and Hammer of the Righteous modified mostly by Strength, and with every one of our abilities also gaining benefit from attack power, you may see why it'll be worth a weapon tailored more for that item philosophy.

Plus, spell damage weapons really limit our two new abilities as they provide almost nothing to help scale it.
Lemondish

Previous

Return to WotLK