Remove Advertisements

No more +spell sword?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

No more +spell sword?

Postby Griffonheart » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:57 am

I've yet to find a sword with +spell on it, only dagger and maces now. Is Blizz trying to make sure we don't steal them from lock/mage?
True Voyage is Return

Image
Griffonheart
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:51 pm

Postby mconeone » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:58 am

Umm we can use maces.
Image
mconeone
 
Posts: 245
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:42 am

Postby Ilara » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:59 am

mconeone wrote:Umm we can use maces.


We can also use swords and axes. I don't want to be stuck with cotton candy colored revolving dildo's forever.
Guillex wrote:chop chop slap chop slap slap /b/ fap fap.... gogo
User avatar
Ilara
 
Posts: 1642
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:38 am
Location: Adelaide

Postby Strom » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:09 am

Who cares? I really do not think they want us using +spell power weapons anymore. Even in AoE situations, I bet our spell power from Touched by the Light will be plenty to keep things on us, especially if we are smart and rotate HotR around the targets (3 at a time remember).

I am happy for this change.
Image
Strom
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:46 am

Postby Griffonheart » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:09 am

I know very well that we can use mace and axe and swords... just that there aren't any more +spell sword on wowhead as far as I can see.

Strom: Nothing wrong about using a +spell weapon in addition to the talent to generate more aggro eh.
Last edited by Griffonheart on Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
True Voyage is Return

Image
Griffonheart
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:51 pm

Postby Meliora » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:09 am

wtb expertise :(
Image
User avatar
Meliora
 
Posts: 150
Joined: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:09 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

Postby Strom » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:14 am

Griffonheart wrote:Strom: Nothing wrong about using a +spell weapon in addition to the talent to generate more aggro eh.


Well I bet the return from expertise and hit rating will be even higher now for us. Plus, I have a hunch that we will see more stamina on melee weapons than on caster weapons.
Image
Strom
 
Posts: 396
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:46 am

Postby AutomaticZen » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:16 am

Griffonheart wrote:I know very well that we can use mace and axe and swords... just that there aren't any more +spell sword on wowhead as far as I can see.

Strom: Nothing wrong about using a +spell weapon in addition to the talent to generate more aggro eh.


I don't think the itemization will bear out. In addition, with the increased mana cost of Conc, and the way HotR is implemented, I think we'll be using different gear and tanking differently in WotLK.
AutomaticZen
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:01 pm

Postby Whimsy » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:49 am

Most tanks use swords since it is rare to find axes and maces with optimal attack speeds.

I realize that you can make up SD stats elsewhere, but I've always tried to take advantage of the fact that you can switch weapons mid-fight. It's nice to have options.
Image
Whimsy
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:49 am

Re: No more +spell sword?

Postby Hearthy » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:46 am

Griffonheart wrote:I've yet to find a sword with +spell on it, only dagger and maces now. Is Blizz trying to make sure we don't steal them from lock/mage?


Here's a spell damage sword that's been added in WotLK: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=39132
Hearthy
 
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2007 3:32 pm

Re: No more +spell sword?

Postby Paladei » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:27 pm

Hearthy wrote:
Griffonheart wrote:I've yet to find a sword with +spell on it, only dagger and maces now. Is Blizz trying to make sure we don't steal them from lock/mage?


Here's a spell damage sword that's been added in WotLK: http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=39132


I know that +spirit isn't an ideal stat, but:

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=39142

This has slower attack speed, but equal DPS, resulting in higher min/max damage. It has equal spell power, but more stamina, favoring the stam-to-SD conversion. It's also from the same quest.
Image
Paladei
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:01 am

Postby Mehnalas » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:27 pm

Ilara wrote:
mconeone wrote:Umm we can use maces.


We can also use swords and axes. I don't want to be stuck with cotton candy colored revolving dildo's forever.
kinky!


But yeah I like the sword and board look more than the dildo and board look....
Lore(lol) wrote:Short answer: No.

Long answer: Nope.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Mehnalas
User avatar
Mehnalas
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 7:54 am

Postby Lore » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:29 pm

I don't know about anyone else but I've been wanting to tank with axes for ages. In fact I thought about picking up a http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=33476 and putting a spell damage gem in it just for fun. I'm stoked that we're gonna be able to use melee-style weapons in WotLK.
User avatar
Lore
Global Mod
 
Posts: 7757
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:52 am

Postby Argali » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:03 pm

I got a cleaver too! now just need a heartless, and my plans for world domination will be complete.
Image
User avatar
Argali
 
Posts: 1080
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:38 am

Postby Griffonheart » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:05 pm

Dwarves should use Mace or Axe :P
True Voyage is Return

Image
Griffonheart
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:51 pm

Next

Return to WotLK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest