What mounts are being removed?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Dane » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:46 pm

Sounds like I'd better get in on a bear run...

I was already planning on two-boxing the whole quest line for the Naaru title tomorrow...then do the Heroics once the wife gets home, and Mag next week...A'dal, hopefully we'll progress far enough that I can get that.
Dane

Postby rodos » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:12 pm

If they're going to cap the old raids at lvl 70, why not just remove them from the game completely. You could spend 3 months trying to get a group of 70s and learning the fights, or you could level to 71 in a few hours and be cruising around Northrend by tea time. I know what people are going to choose.

Also, can you imagine the price of Outland enchanting mats if the instances were capped to level-appropriate characters? Already the highest tier of old-world stuff is stupidly expensive, and that's with people farming Strat for it.
rodos

Postby thando36 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:47 pm

rodos wrote:If they're going to cap the old raids at lvl 70, why not just remove them from the game completely. You could spend 3 months trying to get a group of 70s and learning the fights, or you could level to 71 in a few hours and be cruising around Northrend by tea time. I know what people are going to choose.

Also, can you imagine the price of Outland enchanting mats if the instances were capped to level-appropriate characters? Already the highest tier of old-world stuff is stupidly expensive, and that's with people farming Strat for it.

it would be impossible to cap them at 70, no matter what you would only get a few chances if it was like that

ding 70
go in kill a few bosses maybe
ding 71....

they cant make a cap like that
thando36

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:09 pm

Kelaan wrote:
ARogers wrote:I have heard they are capping those at 70 so a random group of people can't go in and farm rare items like the Blades of Azzinoth just to look cool.

Assuming they DON'T cap the 70 instances, I imagine you could 10-15 man most of the content; maybe 20, at the most. I don't really see a problem with this. The Glaives are rare enough that if someone wanted to go get them, I say why not. We'll still have people farming Thunderfury. ;) (Oh! Anyone on beta want to go beat up Garr, now that he can't crush and our JoL presumably gives back more?)

Don't let any more bindings drop! It ruins the prestige of the weapon! Like the bear mount! Just do it!
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Vediog Svaor » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:29 pm

So the thing with the bear... Does this just mean no new bears in WotLK or they are removing all bears?
Vediog Svaor

Postby Worldie » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:38 pm

Just no new bears, my pala still got the bear on the beta and i see quite a lot of people with it.

There's even a dedicated achievement.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Vediog Svaor » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:39 pm

k, thanks Worldie.
Vediog Svaor

Postby Jaydin » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:36 pm

Worldie wrote:Just no new bears, my pala still got the bear on the beta and i see quite a lot of people with it.

There's even a dedicated achievement.

aye - all they're doing is removing the ability to GET the amani war bear. the idea is that the accomplishment of attaining the bear mount was a tribute to the hard work and dedication to those able to run timed ZA runs. totally optional, no quest for it, etc. otherwise level 80's could just 5 man the place and get it in a breeze, which would really annoy a decent number of people who actually put in the work now at 70 :-)

random drops they leave in because it could simply be a time issue with people really wanting that stuff...and why should they punish someone who just never got lucky enough to see the <insert mount here> drop in all the runs they did? the bear's a 100% drop rate ^_^
Jaydin

Previous

Return to WotLK