Remove Advertisements

What mounts are being removed?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

What mounts are being removed?

Postby ARogers » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:53 am

I've heard some mounts are being totally removed from the content. I've heard ashes and bear mount are. However, I've also heard they wont let people higher than 70 in some of the BT/MH stuff. Isn't this like killing 1 bird with 2 stones?

Does anyone know what is being removed? I want a mount collection on my shammy, so I need to knwo if there are any right now I ned to focus on.
ARogers

Postby Marwan » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:56 am

All I know for sure is that the ZA bear is being removed to make it so that a bunch of level 80s can't just steamroll the place.

As for the Pheonix mount I doubt it as that's not a gaurenteed drop and they haven't removed any other very very small chance mount drops previously (eg: Tiger and Raptor mounts in ZA ... Baron Rivendare's horse, etc)
Marwan

Postby ARogers » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:03 am

Marwan wrote:All I know for sure is that the ZA bear is being removed to make it so that a bunch of level 80s can't just steamroll the place.

As for the Pheonix mount I doubt it as that's not a gaurenteed drop and they haven't removed any other very very small chance mount drops previously (eg: Tiger and Raptor mounts in ZA ... Baron Rivendare's horse, etc)

I don't know where I heard that about ashes, but if they leave it in, then I still might be able to farm it I guess with a bunch of BCers..... although I highly doubt one could find a group. I have heard they are capping those at 70 so a random group of people can't go in and farm rare items like the Blades of Azzinoth just to look cool. Unfortunately, I don't have a guild to get the bear mount right now.....
ARogers

Postby Worldie » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:03 am

Only ZA bear is being removed, all the other mounts (including the phoenix) are staying.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Holyfuri » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:10 am

Blizzard stated certain things are supposed to show the people did something somewhat special.

To show this, after the release of WotLK, the pve titles Champion of the Naruu, and Hand of A'dal, as well as the ZA bear mount will no longer be available to obtain.
Holyfuri

Postby PsiVen » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:20 am

Ashes already don't exist, what are you guys talking about :P
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:27 am

coughSoloKaelAt80cough

oh, it's happening.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby ARogers » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:33 am

moduspwnens wrote:coughSoloKaelAt80cough

oh, it's happening.

You never know! With the way the gear is looking, it may be able to do with considerably less than 25. I still fail to see where they made the item gap in WOTLK less than in Vanilla to WoW. There is a lvl 78 req dagger from UK that is about the same dps as the one from KJ.

Although, I still swear I've heard they were capping the lvl 70 raids..... I guess I could be wrong though.
ARogers

Postby Candiru » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:48 am

oh, it's happening.

If you could equip a staff, AND a shield then sure.

We can't though.

Maybe a warrior with Titan's grip?
Candiru

Postby Meliora » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:27 am

PsiVen wrote:Ashes already don't exist, what are you guys talking about :P

You know as far as I can tell our guild might be the only US PVE one to get 2 ashes (I think 2-3 weeks apart). The worst part is that both players Amelante (Human Warlock) and Lenz (Night Elf Druid, yeah a druid got it) got the ashes and later /wowquit. I think lenz is back on a new server, but this sort of made us stop killing Kael, we thought were were cursed -_-
Meliora

Postby Melathys » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:00 am

ARogers wrote:

oh, it's happening.

You never know! With the way the gear is looking, it may be able to do with considerably less than 25. I still fail to see where they made the item gap in WOTLK less than in Vanilla to WoW. There is a lvl 78 req dagger from UK that is about the same dps as the one from KJ.

Although, I still swear I've heard they were capping the lvl 70 raids..... I guess I could be wrong though.

its taking 78-80 blues to replace final BC content...from what I heard, the very first outlands quests (58-60 greens) were replacing the final vanilla content (NaxxAQ?)

I'm not too sure, I was still playing FFXI when BC came out, but I remember my roommate bitching and moaning that the drops he just got, and spent months trying to get, were replaced in the first outlands quests he got.
Melathys

Postby Braundo » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:28 am

Melathys wrote:its taking 78-80 blues to replace final BC content...from what I heard, the very first outlands quests (58-60 greens) were replacing the final vanilla content (NaxxAQ?)

Nah, it took me until level 68-70 to replace my Mish'undare, which was only from T2 content. Due to bad loot luck I don't think it actually got replaced until I got my T4.
Braundo
Maintankadonor

Postby ARogers » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:52 am

Braundo wrote:
Melathys wrote:its taking 78-80 blues to replace final BC content...from what I heard, the very first outlands quests (58-60 greens) were replacing the final vanilla content (NaxxAQ?)

Nah, it took me until level 68-70 to replace my Mish'undare, which was only from T2 content. Due to bad loot luck I don't think it actually got replaced until I got my T4.

Yes..... I heard that Naxx gear was usable in Kara.
ARogers

Postby Spectrum » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:55 am

Yeah, the replacement rate was something like:

sub-T1 -> 58-60 quests
T1 -> 60-65 blues
T2 -> 63-69 blues
T3 -> 70 blues

It depended on how well the gear fit your class mostly.

Random drops will still be a pain to get with reset timers and low drop rates. The bear mount is different because it's guaranteed every reset.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Kelaan » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:59 am

ARogers wrote:I have heard they are capping those at 70 so a random group of people can't go in and farm rare items like the Blades of Azzinoth just to look cool.

Assuming they DON'T cap the 70 instances, I imagine you could 10-15 man most of the content; maybe 20, at the most. I don't really see a problem with this. The Glaives are rare enough that if someone wanted to go get them, I say why not. We'll still have people farming Thunderfury. ;) (Oh! Anyone on beta want to go beat up Garr, now that he can't crush and our JoL presumably gives back more?)
Kelaan

Next

Return to WotLK