Judgments of the Just / thunderclap not needed?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Fridmarr » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:20 pm

Damiun wrote:
Levantine wrote:I doubt the crit would stack, I'd say it's fairly safe to assume it stays 3%.

you dont think if you have critjudge on light and critjudge on crusader you dont get 6%? they are different abilities so i would imagin it would work.

Probably not, there's lots of abilities like that, that don't stack. For instance, sunder armor and expose armor, demo shout and curse of weakness, Judgement of the Just and Thunderclap.

Also, it is still the judgement that puts the debuff on the target. It's just that you can judge wisdom while using SoR/SoC/SoV etc. You won't have to fire up Seal of Wisdom/Light with the only intention being to judge them anymore.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Lemondish » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:53 pm

Fridmarr wrote:Probably not, there's lots of abilities like that, that don't stack. For instance, sunder armor and expose armor, demo shout and curse of weakness, Judgement of the Just and Thunderclap.

Also, it is still the judgement that puts the debuff on the target. It's just that you can judge wisdom while using SoR/SoC/SoV etc. You won't have to fire up Seal of Wisdom/Light with the only intention being to judge them anymore.

So thankfully no more waste of threat =D

What I find somewhat interesting is that currently it seems smarter for a Holy Paladin to keep a wisdom judged (for the 10% haste buff and raid utility), and a Prot Paladin will keep his judgment up, and a Retri pally will worry about his....so what purpose does the refresh on Crusader Strike have?

Although it doesn't necessarily affect us tankadins (or it may >.>) I'm expecting some changes to the ability. Hopefully it'll be some crazy new utility we've never thought of that will in effect help tankadins do cool things.
Lemondish

Postby Candiru » Sun Jul 27, 2008 3:01 pm

The crusader strike means that if you are on a "council" style boss the ret can keep up all judgements on one target, while prot and holy keep up judgements on another!

And a Sheath of Light Holy paladin won't be spamming judgement.
Candiru

Postby bjanssen » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:34 pm

Lore wrote:
Argali wrote:For 25 mans, the will be a warrior around to TC. Fury/Arms warriors by rights should be keeping TC if there's no prot warr around. A lot of them don't, but I usually shout at them, and tell them to reroll rogues if all they care about is dps.

Or, you could spend 2 talent points and let them worry about DPS :P

Paladins are going to be judging anyway, and it costs rage/GCD time for Warriors to TC, there's no reason to make them continue to do it when it's not necessary.

Ah but if I don't spend the 2 points I get to spend them on something else cool

AND

I get to shout at the warrior still

sounds like a win win to me :)
bjanssen

Postby Lemondish » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:39 pm

bjanssen wrote:
Lore wrote:
Argali wrote:For 25 mans, the will be a warrior around to TC. Fury/Arms warriors by rights should be keeping TC if there's no prot warr around. A lot of them don't, but I usually shout at them, and tell them to reroll rogues if all they care about is dps.

Or, you could spend 2 talent points and let them worry about DPS :P

Paladins are going to be judging anyway, and it costs rage/GCD time for Warriors to TC, there's no reason to make them continue to do it when it's not necessary.

Ah but if I don't spend the 2 points I get to spend them on something else cool

AND

I get to shout at the warrior still

sounds like a win win to me :)

I'd prefer letting the Warrior worry about his dps rather than spending precious rage because you're too stingy to get a talent actually worth the point expenditure =P

Candiru wrote:The crusader strike means that if you are on a "council" style boss the ret can keep up all judgements on one target, while prot and holy keep up judgements on another!

And a Sheath of Light Holy paladin won't be spamming judgement.

Yeah exactly, it becomes EXTREMELY situational. I can name the number of fights it would be used on one hand.

And I lost 2 fingers in the war.

All in all I believe a better effect should replace it because I'm part of the minority that hopes for additional utility.
Lemondish

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:06 am

There is now way as a MT to NOT spec it. Only Endgame PURE 25 Person Raid maybe. But for the rest:

Take it. It is -20% Melee Damage. How in the world can you NOT get a 2 Point Talent that reduces Melee Damage by 20%?

And no, you can not always count on outside help. Think big. 4 Hoursemen, how can somebody help you there?
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby Lemondish » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:32 am

Sarkan-ZdC wrote:There is now way as a MT to NOT spec it. Only Endgame PURE 25 Person Raid maybe. But for the rest:

Take it. It is -20% Melee Damage. How in the world can you NOT get a 2 Point Talent that reduces Melee Damage by 20%?

And no, you can not always count on outside help. Think big. 4 Hoursemen, how can somebody help you there?

QFT. Unlike some of the other talents in Protection, this one is worth the point expenditure.
Lemondish

Previous

Return to WotLK