Question for your beta testers..

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:42 am

Lore wrote:No, but omen would be completely different visually from how it is now.

EDIT: Also, HoS has a 2 minute cooldown, so you can't exactly spam it on high-threat people.

meh, just run different modes, or stack redundant frames and change the opacity. Or create a new threat meter with the added functionality, or even build it into existing unit frame addons. I don't really care about Omen, I'd rather have something with the specific functionality that I need. My point is that if you want the ability to have a convenient cast frame based on threat, you can do it. I doubt we'll need it to be honest, but it's certainly doable.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:00 am

Fridmarr wrote:
Lore wrote:No, but omen would be completely different visually from how it is now.

EDIT: Also, HoS has a 2 minute cooldown, so you can't exactly spam it on high-threat people.

meh, just run different modes, or stack redundant frames and change the opacity. Or create a new threat meter with the added functionality, or even build it into existing unit frame addons. I don't really care about Omen, I'd rather have something with the specific functionality that I need. My point is that if you want the ability to have a convenient cast frame based on threat, you can do it. I doubt we'll need it to be honest, but it's certainly doable.

X-Perl (or Grid if you are in the mood) plus Clique

I mean we started out with Omen, that's very specific. You seem to just want a Unit Frame with something that lets you do clickcasting and shows threat.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby honorshammer » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:35 pm

Jaydin wrote:just use grid + click-to-cast like i do now

alt+left click = RD...makes it awesome for hyjal - keeping RD on cd while never losing my rotations (triggers gcd but otherwise i keep the same target etc

ctrl+right click = bop atm, change that to hop.

i'll probably make it alt +right click for hos and just check out omen before i cast it. 95% of the time it'll be the top lock dps'er, and i know exactly where he is on grid due to all the aggro pulls during trash ^_^

edit: and add in a macro that /w you just got bitchslapped by the hand of salvation...watch it!

Could you into a little more detail about how to set this up. It seems like just what I need.
honorshammer

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:09 pm

Honorshammer wrote:
Jaydin wrote:just use grid + click-to-cast like i do now

alt+left click = RD...makes it awesome for hyjal - keeping RD on cd while never losing my rotations (triggers gcd but otherwise i keep the same target etc

ctrl+right click = bop atm, change that to hop.

i'll probably make it alt +right click for hos and just check out omen before i cast it. 95% of the time it'll be the top lock dps'er, and i know exactly where he is on grid due to all the aggro pulls during trash ^_^

edit: and add in a macro that /w you just got bitchslapped by the hand of salvation...watch it!

Could you into a little more detail about how to set this up. It seems like just what I need.

There's an addon called clique that allows you to setup spell casts based on clicking on a frame. So if you have something like Grid which is a raid frame mod, showing you all the units in your raid. You can configure clique to perform an action on the unit you click on in the Grid.

For example, Grid can highlight a frame when it gets a magical debuff. You can configure clique so that when you Shift+Click on a frame, you cast cleanse on that person. No need to switch targets or anything, just some whack-a-mole at that point.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:59 pm

CLique - http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... -Beta.html

I personally prefer X-Perl to Grid but hey

X-Perl - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/details/3416/

Clique is easy to set up. It puts a tab into your spellbook. When you activate it it pops up a new window. Then you go to any spell in your spellbook and click it with whatever modifiers or clicks, and it records that. So from then on, any time you use that click on a unitframe, it will do that spell to that unit.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Previous

Return to WotLK