Question for your beta testers..

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Question for your beta testers..

Postby Xendak » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:07 pm

If I read the patch notes correctly, we lost blessing of salvation, its now hand of salvation. And only lasts a few seconds.

So is it used like a taunt now? Or am I reading it wrong? If so, how well does it seem to work? Cool down? Does it cause GCD? Easier with a target=targettarget macro?

It would seem that it would make tanking alot more difficult, since you cant reduce everyones threat prior to fighting.

Has it affected raid leaders putting pallys in raids, or anything?

I hope im reading more into it than I should, or Im picturing it wrong in my head on how it would be used. But if its now similar to a taunt, it would seem this is a signifigant nerf to our tanking capabilities.
Level 66 Paladin/ Burning Legion Server
<Ascend>
Xendak

Postby Vanifae » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:13 pm

There are no raids yet max level is 77.

hand of Salvation is a momentary buff, they did the same thing to Protection, it is now Hand of Protection.

They baked more threat into our standard abilities.

I have not had any problems holding threat thus far.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Tybalt » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:17 pm

Hand of Salvation is to smooth out those crazy warlocks who can't control their threat... and will most likely be handled by the holy/ret paladins in the raid. Some tanks might use it from time to time, but our spell rotations will be much tighter than we're used to.
Tybalt

Postby Arjuna » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:40 am

for all you macro wizards out there, will there be a nifty macro with hand of salvation? can it be done?

or do we have to wait and see how blizzard works out their stuff first...I guess we have to...heard something about a wow-threat-meter ...don't know if they was planning to implement something like it in wotlk though...
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Candiru » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:01 am

Seems pretty amazing for tanks to me. Normally no more than 2-3 people are actually near you in threat. So you can either spend 3 GCD to lower their threat down so they have no chance of getting agro, or you can carry on spamming your rotation and fail to keep agro off them.

Depending the mana cost I'll be a Hand early, hand often tank :)
Candiru

Postby Arjuna » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:07 am

Being a female belf I just have to get a macro for bitchslapping the dps when they get too close to me in threat...
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Stings » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:43 am

Arjuna wrote:for all you macro wizards out there, will there be a nifty macro with hand of salvation? can it be done?

or do we have to wait and see how blizzard works out their stuff first...I guess we have to...heard something about a wow-threat-meter ...don't know if they was planning to implement something like it in wotlk though...

I am considering using Pitbull raidframes and then add the threatbar on them. It uses Threat2-0 lib just like omen so the threat data is just as good.
When i have threat data on raidframes Hand of Salvation can be done with a single mouseover macro while tanking. HURRAY now we can play "wack-the-mole" just like the healers :D

Code: Select all
#show Hand of Salvation
/cast [target=mouseover, help, nodead]Hand of Salvation
Stings

Postby Xendak » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:12 am

Arjuna wrote:for all you macro wizards out there, will there be a nifty macro with hand of salvation? can it be done?

Well you could use the Righteous Defense taunt macro for hand of salvation

/cast Hand of Salvation [target=targettarget]

But by that time, the threat is already to the player, so it may not be enough to pull it off them. I guess maybe if Righteous Defense is on cool down, it may be another option.
Level 66 Paladin/ Burning Legion Server
<Ascend>
Xendak

Postby mconeone » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:50 am

I'm sure they could make it so you could click on a person in omen and cast HoS on them.
mconeone

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:57 am

mconeone wrote:I'm sure they could make it so you could click on a person in omen and cast HoS on them.

nope
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:18 am

Sabindeus wrote:
mconeone wrote:I'm sure they could make it so you could click on a person in omen and cast HoS on them.

nope

Sure they could, they just have to create the frames before entering combat, which isn't that hard since you know everyone who is in the raid.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:22 am

Fridmarr wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:

nope

Sure they could, they just have to create the frames before entering combat, which isn't that hard since you know everyone who is in the raid.

And if you made those frames inherit Secure Unit Frame, then you couldn't move them or change their size, etc. while in combat. So your whole dynamic list of who's on first re-ordered by threat level would fail, aka the whole point of Omen.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:31 am

Sabindeus wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:

nope

And if you made those frames inherit Secure Unit Frame, then you couldn't move them or change their size, etc. while in combat. So your whole dynamic list of who's on first re-ordered by threat level would fail, aka the whole point of Omen.

There are enough attributes that you can change while in combat to make things pretty obvious. The point of using Omen doesn't have to be diminished.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Lore » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:37 am

No, but omen would be completely different visually from how it is now.

EDIT: Also, HoS has a 2 minute cooldown, so you can't exactly spam it on high-threat people.
Last edited by Lore on Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Jaydin » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:37 am

just use grid + click-to-cast like i do now

alt+left click = RD...makes it awesome for hyjal - keeping RD on cd while never losing my rotations (triggers gcd but otherwise i keep the same target etc

ctrl+right click = bop atm, change that to hop.

i'll probably make it alt +right click for hos and just check out omen before i cast it. 95% of the time it'll be the top lock dps'er, and i know exactly where he is on grid due to all the aggro pulls during trash ^_^

edit: and add in a macro that /w you just got bitchslapped by the hand of salvation...watch it!
Jaydin

Next

Return to WotLK