Remove Advertisements

[List thread] Screenshots, footage and info about instances

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

[List thread] Screenshots, footage and info about instances

Postby Andox » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:24 pm

I thought it was a good idea to collect all Wotlk tankadin threads here, so we don´t have to search our asses off when we want to see pictures, parses, footage and comments about the bosses and instances.

Utgarde Keep

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... hp?t=11279 - Mortehl post a parse
http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... hp?t=11192 - d503 share his thoughts

The Nexus

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... hp?t=11270 - Worldie post pictures and thoughts about the instance
http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... hp?t=11328 - nicolax is telling us his impressions

Drak'tharon keep

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... hp?t=11302 - Worldie post pictures and thoughts about the instance
Last edited by Andox on Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Andox

Postby Vanifae » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:26 pm

Utgarde Keep Strategem

Grab a bunch of trash, like a whole fuck ton.

Hit Consecrate.

Then Judge something.

Then Hit Hammer of the Righteous.

Profit.

If mob is a boss, hit harder.

On Ingvar, make sure to move away when he uses his Dark Smash, it can hit for like 18k :(
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Andox » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:23 pm

So it´s possible to move away when he cast his AE cone spell? I got the impression that the MT had to take it.
Andox

Postby Vanifae » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:28 pm

Andox wrote:So it´s possible to move away when he cast his AE cone spell? I got the impression that the MT had to take it.

The times I moved I took less damage.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:42 pm

Andox wrote:So it´s possible to move away when he cast his AE cone spell? I got the impression that the MT had to take it.

Well the MT being forced to eat 18k hits at a level 68-72 dungeon would be a problem, so there must be some way to mitigate it.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Zx » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:43 pm

Certainly, since most of the tanks who will be entering WotLK wont have 18k hp or will probably be down a bit from a previous hit.
"For no man lives long when his dreams are dead." - Gene Wolfe
Zx

Postby Andox » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:45 pm

Then it would be a T6 instance only :o
Andox

Postby Vanifae » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:46 pm

There are pillars in the area you fight Ingvar.

Edit: Even with the gimmick the damage is far too high for a start instance, it's punishing. It should ding you but not destroy you, make the damage 1/2 of what it is and it will still be dangerous.
Vanifae

Postby Andox » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:42 am

Vanifae wrote:There are pillars in the area you fight Ingvar.

Edit: Even with the gimmick the damage is far too high for a start instance, it's punishing. It should ding you but not destroy you, make the damage 1/2 of what it is and it will still be dangerous.

Well, from the screens I´ve seen, they could increase the damage from the trash, so we get mana/rage easier and decrease the boss damage by maybe 20 - 30%.
Andox

Postby Arjuna » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:28 am

Vanifae wrote:There are pillars in the area you fight Ingvar.

darn...and I really hated Ikiss...
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Andox » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:52 am

I updated it with some links, so we don´t have to search, please post some more links that I can add if you see it
Andox

Postby Worldie » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:54 am

The cast time is very slow, i think it's slowed by CoT and similar effects, so just move away when he casts it. Max i took last time was a 3k hit.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Andox » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:46 am

Worldie wrote:

The cast time is very slow, i think it's slowed by CoT and similar effects, so just move away when he casts it. Max i took last time was a 3k hit.

Thought that, would be pretty OP if it hit the tank for 20k, since everyone isn´t t6 geared :)
Andox

Postby d503 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:56 am

Andox wrote:
Worldie wrote:

Thought that, would be pretty OP if it hit the tank for 20k, since everyone isn´t t6 geared :)

Shameful as it is to admit, it hit me for 17.5k once when it hit me >.>
d503

Postby Angelic » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:22 pm

I found a full instance run video of Utgarde Keep on www.wcradio.com. It unfortunately does not have a paladin tank but gives great insight into the trash mobs and bosses in the instance. Enjoy!
Angelic

Next

Return to WotLK