Hammer of the Righteous is the Paladin Tank New Deal (BETA)

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Karock » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:45 am

I'm pretty sure "swipe" mechanic attacks don't hit stealthed people (for instance multishot).
Karock

well

Postby Mavrix » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:11 am

Vanifae wrote:Last night I got Rising Tide and Swiftsteel Bludgeon; This is a basic combatlog: http://wowwebstats.com/5haq1jm2rfqgq?bl=0

At Line 00:20'56.750 I switch from the Swiftsteel to the Rising Tide.

http://www.vanifae.com/wp-content/uploa ... 191943.jpg

http://www.vanifae.com/wp-content/uploa ... 191933.jpg

The WWS won't come up for me. What were your conclusions?
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
Mavrix

Postby Vanifae » Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:18 am

Essentially that between the two weapons whose DPS was the same, both same ilvl just different speeds that the Rising Tide was doing at least twice the damage of the faster hammer.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Flex » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:04 am

Vanifae wrote:Essentially that between the two weapons whose DPS was the same, both same ilvl just different speeds that the Rising Tide was doing at least twice the damage of the faster hammer.

If its true that non-physical damage instant attacks are currently bugged when normalized that makes sense. Normalization is in there for a reason and very few instant attacks are not normalized.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Vanifae » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:14 am

Flex wrote:
Vanifae wrote:Essentially that between the two weapons whose DPS was the same, both same ilvl just different speeds that the Rising Tide was doing at least twice the damage of the faster hammer.

If its true that non-physical damage instant attacks are currently bugged when normalized that makes sense. Normalization is in there for a reason and very few instant attacks are not normalized.

Yeah I guess we have to wait till they fix that bug to see for sure.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Flex » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:17 am

Vanifae wrote:Yeah I guess we have to wait till they fix that bug to see for sure.

Like I stated earlier, if the trend in tanking weapons remains fast 1H weapons I don't want to be overly penalized for it.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Vanifae » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:28 am

I hear you, I would hope that they would either reduce if not get rid of tanking specific weapons, or create a variety of fast and slow tanking weapons.

I am curious if Death Knights will prefer two handers or dual wield for tanking?
Vanifae

Postby solina » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:41 am

If this is covered somewhere in the 9 pages, I apologize.. but does HotR break sheep etc? Or can it be safely used in a crowd?
solina

Postby Vandril » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:46 am

It doesn't break CC.
Vandril
Maintankadonor

Postby PsiVen » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:08 am

A thought: SoV looks really nice at the moment, regardless of weapon speed. But SoR scales with speed and strikes with HotR now, which only helps SoV stack faster. We might see that seal choice depends on speed after all.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Isabelli » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:13 am

PsiVen wrote:A thought: SoV looks really nice at the moment, regardless of weapon speed. But SoR scales with speed and strikes with HotR now, which only helps SoV stack faster. We might see that seal choice depends on speed after all.

I agree. Though, if hitting mobs becomes a problem later in the game (without precision /cry), Righteousness may not be so great. I'm really thrilled about SoV and HotR, looks like it can replace Consecration for 3-5 mobs.

In any case, I'll probably just keep an eye out on Str:Stam/SD ratio on gear and adjust accordingly. I like having to use my brain now...
Isabelli

Postby jere » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:15 am

PsiVen wrote:A thought: SoV looks really nice at the moment, regardless of weapon speed. But SoR scales with speed and strikes with HotR now, which only helps SoV stack faster. We might see that seal choice depends on speed after all.

Well, only the "per hit" coefficients scale with weapon speed with SoR. The DPS coefficients remain constant with respect to weapons speed (ws) since X*ws/ws = X

Regardless of your weapon speed, SoR will still get 5% of your AP and 10% of your SP per second.
jere

Postby Macha » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:30 am

Isabelli wrote:[ Though, if hitting mobs becomes a problem later in the game

Doubt it: HotR and Shieldbash both would miss a lot then as well, and we don't want that for sure. I see us taking hit and expertise into account for sure.
Macha

Postby Spectrum » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:36 am

jere wrote:

Well, only the "per hit" coefficients scale with weapon speed with SoR. The DPS coefficients remain constant with respect to weapons speed (ws) since X*ws/ws = X

Regardless of your weapon speed, SoR will still get 5% of your AP and 10% of your SP per second.

Right, but since we're using an instant attack which adds that otherwise-normalized-to-constant-dps-damage, we want that extra damage doing as much as possible. If you could get a free swing every 6 seconds would you want it to be with a slow weapon or a fast weapon? I'm guessing slow.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby jere » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:49 am

Spectrum wrote:
jere wrote:

Right, but since we're using an instant attack which adds that otherwise-normalized-to-constant-dps-damage, we want that extra damage doing as much as possible. If you could get a free swing every 6 seconds would you want it to be with a slow weapon or a fast weapon? I'm guessing slow.

That's fine and dandy, but I was addressing the incorrect quote that SoR scales with weapon speed, which it really doesn't. The bonus damage it applies to HotR does indeed, but there is no need to correct that since that is correct. I was referring to the seal itself.
jere

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK