Hammer of the Righteous is the Paladin Tank New Deal (BETA)

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Dorvan » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:57 pm

Lore wrote:It should be noted that, even with normalization, instant weapon attacks still favor slow weapons.

True, just not nearly to the extent that un-normalized ones do. You'll still want a slower waepon for any given tier...you just won't end up in a situation where you're using a weapon 3 tiers below your gear level because of it's unusually slow speed.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Kagi » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:18 pm

has someone tried testing it while using full ret gear? would be cool to see what kind of dmg it can do with 2000+ap and a 3.80 speed weapon, might give prot some more options during fights that only require 1 tank (and guild still followed the war MT onry ideas).
Kagi

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:19 pm

Kagi wrote:has someone tried testing it while using full ret gear? would be cool to see what kind of dmg it can do with 2000+ap and a 3.80 speed weapon, might give prot some more options during fights that only require 1 tank (and guild still followed the war MT onry ideas).

It's 1H only, like Devastate.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby GenXXX » Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:36 pm

Just wondering if this will be a possible nail in the coffin for Reckoning in a prot build.

If we're looking at HotR scaling nicely with a weapon speed > 2.4 seconds then we'd not get best use out of reckoning...The question is, would getting a max of 3 swings from a reckoning proc still be worth it vs points placed elsewhere?
GenXXX

Postby Nich » Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:28 am

Sorry if I've missed a similar question already:

if it's acting like an aoe-lite devastate, what do warriors traditionally do? They just use the best tank weapon and deal with it? Or it's not really a comparable issue because 50% of weapon damage should be dwarfed by 5*65 from the sunder stack?

(I vaguely remember a similar issue for warriors when devastate came out - more threat from more HS procs on a fast 1h vs more threat from dev on a slow 1h)

(nvm, think it's answered in http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... c&start=75 ty splug)
Nich

Postby Kagi » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:00 am

if is 1h only, anyone still tried it with full ret gear but sword/shield? :p
Kagi

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:03 am

GenXXX wrote:Just wondering if this will be a possible nail in the coffin for Reckoning in a prot build.

If we're looking at HotR scaling nicely with a weapon speed > 2.4 seconds then we'd not get best use out of reckoning...The question is, would getting a max of 3 swings from a reckoning proc still be worth it vs points placed elsewhere?
It actually would, it averages out the same, but if you have a slow weapon and you parry, the timer is reset and you get that last reck-ed attack before it's duration is over.Nothing great but no loss at all, it's even that 1% better =P
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby jere » Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:30 am

I posted this in the sticky, but felt it should also be highlighted here:
jere wrote:here is something to keep on the back burner.

Currently HotR is not normalized as testing has shown.

I found this blue response, which in context refers to death knights, but may apply to others later:

There is a bug right now preventing normalized attacks from doing non-physical damage. Frost Strike will be normalized when that bug is fixed. (Obliterate will also be normalized.)

Source:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 2&sid=1#20

So currently there is a bug preventing normalized attacks from doing non-physical damage (HotR anyone). When they fix it, the death knight abilities will be normalized. We should probably keep an eye on HotR too to see what happens with it.
jere

Postby Modal » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:40 am

Hey I posted that on the last page! :P
Modal

Postby jere » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:44 am

Modal wrote:Hey I posted that on the last page! :P

Ahh, I probably skipped it because the source wasn't visually identifiable (hidden in the text as an anchored link). My memory isn't great, so if it didn't stick out then, then I most likely forgot it. Sorry.
jere

Postby Vanifae » Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:04 pm

Last night I got Rising Tide and Swiftsteel Bludgeon; This is a basic combatlog: http://wowwebstats.com/5haq1jm2rfqgq?bl=0

At Line 00:20'56.750 I switch from the Swiftsteel to the Rising Tide.

http://www.vanifae.com/wp-content/uploa ... 191943.jpg

http://www.vanifae.com/wp-content/uploa ... 191933.jpg
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Forlorn » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:03 pm

I mentioned it in the thread about Shield of the Righteous, but when I get home from work tonight (about an hour from now) I am going to be tyring out dps prot spec while wearing full ret + s2 1hand sword and kazrogals shield. Well see what kind of numbers I get.
Forlorn

Postby Noradin » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:57 am

Forlorn wrote:
Equitas wrote:Do multitarget seals also proc? Ie 3x SoR procs with hammer on 3 mobs?

Yes

ImageImage
Noradin

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:15 am

Is that: I use Hammer with SoV active and have 1 Stack of SoV on 3 Targets true?

They got to be kidding if that is working..
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby Sartor » Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:31 am

Sarkan-ZdC wrote:Is that: I use Hammer with SoV active and have 1 Stack of SoV on 3 Targets true?

They got to be kidding if that is working..

Yes, it seems it does.

now imagine the following (I will make it with Divine Storm since it is the same rule, and is more for LAWL):

ImbaLoLadin gains Seal of Command

ImbaLoLadin casts Divine Storm

NerfWarLuck is hit by ImbaLoLadin's Divine Storm for 1879

NerfWarLuck is hit by ImbaLoLadin's Seal of Command for 1228

OccasionallyStayingStealthedRogue is hit by ImbaLoLadin's Divine Storm for 3997 (Critical)

OccasionallyStayingStealthedRogue is hit by ImbaLoLadin's Seal of Command for 2278 (Critical)

OccasionallyStayingStealthedRogue DIES

OccasionallyStayingStealthedRogue is slain by ImbaLoLadin
Sartor

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK