I just tanked Utgarde Keep :)

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby AutomaticZen » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:24 am

WATERBOYsh wrote:
AutomaticZen wrote:Wait. We can Judge multiple mobs now? I totally missed that.

you can do that now actually... just not at the same time if thats what you're thinking

Yeah. That's pretty much what it sounded like he was saying. To test if it procced multiples, you'd need another pally. It sounded like he was going to do it by himself, so I was wondering if something changed. Otherwise, Divine Storm would be a very, very nice ability for Ret.
AutomaticZen

Postby Arees » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:28 am

AutomaticZen wrote:
WATERBOYsh wrote:
AutomaticZen wrote:Wait. We can Judge multiple mobs now? I totally missed that.

you can do that now actually... just not at the same time if thats what you're thinking

Yeah. That's pretty much what it sounded like he was saying. To test if it procced multiples, you'd need another pally. It sounded like he was going to do it by himself, so I was wondering if something changed. Otherwise, Divine Storm would be a very, very nice ability for Ret.

no... what im saying you can do right now is judge wisdom on mob 1, tab to mob 2 and judge wisdom when the cd is up and they will both have wisdom... if you keep tabbing between them you can refresh the judgment on both... so you could throws wisdom on two mobs this way to test it
Arees

Postby d503 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:39 am

WATERBOYsh wrote:no... what im saying you can do right now is judge wisdom on mob 1, tab to mob 2 and judge wisdom when the cd is up and they will both have wisdom... if you keep tabbing between them you can refresh the judgment on both... so you could throws wisdom on two mobs this way to test it

This.

Sorry if it wasn't clear. Posting on Maintankadin from your Centro is a bit laborious :P I try to type as little as possible!
d503

Postby Andox » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:25 pm

d503 wrote:Judgement of Wisdom hits %t for 870 Holy.
Judgement of Righteousness hits %t for 750 Holy.

I don´t understand this.

Is it when you Judge wisdom the seal deals almost DOUBLE damage? Or did I get it wrong?

Btw, is the standard judgement still there?
Andox

Postby Vanifae » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:27 pm

Andox wrote:

I don´t understand this.

Is it when you Judge wisdom the seal deals almost DOUBLE damage? Or did I get it wrong?

Judgment is gone now.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby d503 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:35 pm

Andox wrote:

I don´t understand this.

I'll try and get a screenie of this later...
d503

Postby Andox » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:53 pm

The thign that I don´t get is if JoW do damage, or if JoR dmg gets doubled. btw, how is JoV/Corr in this case?
Andox

Postby Kelaan » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:17 pm

d503 wrote:I probably was overgeared from an avoidance standpoint to really test the viability of mana regen in this instance. There's just not enough damage coming in...it would be like if I jumped in normal SL or Arc right now in my current tanking gear.

How viable would it be to pull multiple groups, then? Have the warrior pull one with a bow, taunt off of him, and let everything run into a consecrate? "Pull Moar or sit" seems to be the mantra when outgearing stuff, even if it's not something I yet can do. :)
Kelaan

Postby d503 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:57 pm

Kelaan wrote:
d503 wrote:I probably was overgeared from an avoidance standpoint to really test the viability of mana regen in this instance. There's just not enough damage coming in...it would be like if I jumped in normal SL or Arc right now in my current tanking gear.

How viable would it be to pull multiple groups, then? Have the warrior pull one with a bow, taunt off of him, and let everything run into a consecrate? "Pull Moar or sit" seems to be the mantra when outgearing stuff, even if it's not something I yet can do. :)

Did that a couple of times...it wasn't bad, but even when pulling 8-10 mobs, I'd still just end up OOM as they got DPS'd down. Keep in mind that we were 4-manning as well, with all melee DPS and a Holy Pally, so there was little AOE to be had (both from the healing side and the dmg side).

Looking back, I could probably pull half of the wings at this point, but I didn't want to push it in our first attempt there. The trash is pretty boring...either melee dudes or a couple of casters...nothing exciting or worth noting.
d503

Postby d503 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:58 pm

Andox wrote:

I don´t understand this.

Not double damage, but that the combat log would see two Judgements hitting, and they would both do independent damage in the combat log (as noted above).

The damage, however, was consolidated into one scrolling combat text number, which is generally not true for blizzard's implementation of SCT.
d503

Postby d503 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:14 pm

d503 wrote:Not double damage, but that the combat log would see two Judgements hitting, and they would both do independent damage in the combat log (as noted above).

The damage, however, was consolidated into one scrolling combat text number, which is generally not true for blizzard's implementation of SCT.

Going back through combat logs, I was apparently drugged from a contact high that traveled on the winds from Berkeley or something b/c I don't see this 2x judgement stuff...

I think what I was seeing, was that Judgement was hitting for XXX and then Judgement of Whatever was returning XXX to me, so I was skimming a bit too much and not reading >.>

False alarm! Move along people >.>
d503

Postby Arjuna » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:23 am

I'm never gonna get an answer to my question...
I even opened up a topic of my own just for it but nobody would test it :(
Is it just me that is being stupid and it is obvious to everybody else?

What I would like to know is:

Judge mob 1 with whatever --> tab --> judge mob 2 with whatever --> HotR

Is the judgement on mob 1 refreshed with HotR and does HotR proc judgements? does HotR proc judgements on both targets if both mob 1 and 2 has judgements?

forgive my stupidity and/ur unability to scan the forum for a post that answers my question in case I missed it...
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Worldie » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:06 am

hotr procs judgement

hotr doesn't refresh judgements on other mobs
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Arjuna » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:10 am

finally!

thank you worldie!!!

:D
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Worldie » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:17 am

And they could have added a tank ring to the quest in Utgarde Keep :|
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK