Divine Guardian

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:24 am

Lore wrote:In other news, holy crap the Holy 51-point is beastly.

It's a nice new button. We'll have to see what the coefficient is. At a mana cost of 2330 for max rank, I doubt it will be spammed, but it'll be a nice collection to Holy's small toolbox.

EDIT: Here's the spell.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Teyrocar » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:25 am

Flourish is better. We'll see more Holy Paladins going for SoL instead.

This thing better get an ungodly coefficient.
Last edited by Teyrocar on Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teyrocar

Postby Lore » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:26 am

Flourish is capped to 5 people. You can have an entire raid stack up and the Holy 51-point will hit all of them.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:27 am

Lore wrote:Flourish is capped to 5 people. You can have an entire raid stack up and the Holy 51-point will hit all of them.
6 second CD tranquility inc O.o
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Morendin » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:36 am

Lore wrote:It has been tested on beta servers, and the paladin does in fact take the 30% damage through the bubble.

I don't much like the talent. The only situation I can see it being useful is if a boss is going to cast a high-damage single target spell randomly around the raid. Otherwise, Hand of Sacrifice is significantly better for taking some damage off of one person. I don't see it useful for absorbing some huge raid-wide damage intake, especially since both Rest Druids and Holy Paladins have been given ridiculously good AOE healing abilities in WotLK.

well, that sucks. oh well...probably too hard to balance anyway, and that frees up 2 more points
Morendin

Postby Sechs » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:36 am

moduspwnens wrote:
Lore wrote:In other news, holy crap the Holy 51-point is beastly.

It's a nice new button. We'll have to see what the coefficient is. At a mana cost of 2330 for max rank, I doubt it will be spammed, but it'll be a nice collection to Holy's small toolbox.

EDIT: Here's the spell.

They changed the mana cost to 780 --> http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basic ... lents.html

Back on topic -->
If we take dmg though the bubble do that mean we don't lose agro? Else it just sound like a pure pvp skill.
Sechs

Postby jere » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:40 am

I wouldn't expect it to be spammed. It heals over time, not on cast. You cast it once every 12 seconds.

It is kind of like making paladins a moving lightwell, where instead of using charges, all you have to do is get in range of the paladin.
jere

Postby Lore » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:40 am

Sechs wrote:They changed the mana cost to 780 --> http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basic ... lents.html

That's rank 1. Rank 5 is 2330.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Lore » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:41 am

jere wrote:I wouldn't expect it to be spammed. It heals over time, not on cast. You cast it once every 12 seconds.

It is kind of like making paladins a moving lightwell, where instead of using charges, all you have to do is get in range of the paladin.

Or whoever he cast it on :P

IE: Keep it up on the tank, and all the melee get topped off too.
Last edited by Lore on Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby jere » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:41 am

Sechs wrote:They changed the mana cost to 780 --> http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/basic ... lents.html

That is rank 1. There are 5 ranks if I remember correctly.
jere

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:03 am

jere wrote:I wouldn't expect it to be spammed. It heals over time, not on cast. You cast it once every 12 seconds.

I guess if you can pick different targets, though, you would be able to "spam" it on different people for a large effect. Although, you'd likely be OOM quickly.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby jere » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:11 am

moduspwnens wrote:
I guess if you can pick different targets, though, you would be able to "spam" it on different people for a large effect. Although, you'd likely be OOM quickly.

I guess, but that would seem to be against the idea of how the spell works if I interpret it correctly. You pretty much make someone the X and have everyone who needs the healing go to him.

I suppose there could be some fights where you might want to toss it up on more than one person, but from the description, it made me think that the idea was others ran to him/her to get heals, rather than you toss it up on everyone.

I mean if people are spread out that much that it warrants constant spamming, you are probably better off simply FoL spamming targets instead, as this is made for setups where people pack in closely either permanently or whenever the call is made to converge for healing.
jere

Postby Soltyr » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:11 am

moduspwnens wrote:

Can't remember where I've read it, but it seems BoL put an HOT buff on ppl affected by it and the buff doesn't stack (you can have one only buff of BoL at the same time), if you recast BoL it just does refresh the duration.
Soltyr

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:18 am

jere wrote:
moduspwnens wrote:

I guess, but that would seem to be against the idea of how the spell works if I interpret it correctly. You pretty much make someone the X and have everyone who needs the healing go to him.

I suppose there could be some fights where you might want to toss it up on more than one person, but from the description, it made me think that the idea was others ran to him/her to get heals, rather than you toss it up on everyone.

Yeah, I agree with your interpretation. I guess it's likely that if you put it on someone else, it'll be taken off the original. Still worth testing, though.
Last edited by moduspwnens on Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Lore » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:19 am

Soltyr wrote:
moduspwnens wrote:

Can't remember where I've read it, but it seems BoL put an HOT buff on ppl affected by it and the buff doesn't stack (you can have one only buff of BoL at the same time), if you recast BoL it just does refresh the duration.

Right, the point was to make sure everyone in the raid is getting the HoT buff. It doesn't seem like more than maybe 3 casts would be necessary though, provided people are able to group up.

The important thing, though, is understanding that every class now has some sort of incredibly good group/aoe healing spell, which makes Divine Guardian somewhat lacking since converting AOE heals to single target heals is not only unnecessary but significantly less efficient.
Lore
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK