Blessing of Sanctuary

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Soltyr » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:39 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:It's not like We need a pally to salv now..so 3 pallies = all buffed.

King, Might and Wisd = that's 3 (blessings have greater meaningful now in the new wotlk scenario).

Granted just 3 class are entirely out from Wisd + 3 class entirely out from Might, but some class/spec (like us) will love all of them with the new scaling.
Soltyr

Postby Spectrum » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:54 pm

Soltyr wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:It's not like We need a pally to salv now..so 3 pallies = all buffed.

King, Might and Wisd = that's 3 (blessings have greater meaningful now in the new wotlk scenario).

Granted just 3 class are entirely out from Wisd + 3 class entirely out from Might, but some class/spec (like us) will love all of them with the new scaling.

I'd rather have limited use than virtually no use.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Sharlos » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:37 pm

Hand of Sanctuary
Shields a friendly target with the light, healing the target for 15% of their maximum health and reducing all damage taken by 30% for 12 seconds. Causes forbearance. 2/3 minute cooldown.

It would be nice, especially considering every blessing in the prot spellbook is now a Hand spell except for this one and Kings. And seeing how kings will become a threat blessing as well as a survivability blessing. Haveing 2 blessings in one tree is plain stupid.
Sharlos

Postby QuantumDelta » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:43 pm

I agree with it being a hand spell but I can't really say it warrants forby - all that does is encourage usage of it on others rather than yourself.

I especially agree considering I highly doubt anyone is going to care about sinking points into prot for bok come wrath.
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby Lore » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:47 pm

With Avenging Wrath off of forbearance there's just DS and BoP left that cause it, and neither of them are usable while tanking.

No new ranks of the spell is a good sign IMO. Maybe they're working up something new.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby aranil » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:51 pm

Lore wrote:With Avenging Wrath off of forbearance there's just DS and BoP left that cause it, and neither of them are usable while tanking.

No new ranks of the spell is a good sign IMO. Maybe they're working up something new.

*prays and sacrifices goats to the Wow gods*
aranil

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:54 pm

Lore wrote:With Avenging Wrath off of forbearance there's just DS and BoP left that cause it, and neither of them are usable while tanking.

Divinely Talented
Grants five more talent points, and an additional one to compensate for this talent.

...imo.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Candiru » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:29 am

That sounds like one of the fallout traits.

Gifted?
You gain +5 stat points, but your skills are all lowered by 30%.

Might be an interesting idea though, something like that!
Candiru

Postby Sartor » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:50 am

Well let's hope they are preparing something decent in place of BoSanc, since right now is just bloating the protection tree - it is not very useful instead of farming.
Sartor

Postby Candiru » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:11 am

Its a nice reduction in raid damage though, if you have 4 paladins its a "free" blessing

And the tanks generate more threat!

It would be amazing on hex lord, felmyst etc if they didn't hard code those spells to ignore it. :(

How about 21 pointer:
Light-Warded Shields
You have a Blockchance % of lowering damage by spells by your block value.
Whenever you block you deal X holy damage.

Would be much better than the current BoSanc.
Candiru

Postby jere » Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:42 am

Candiru wrote:Its a nice reduction in raid damage though, if you have 4 paladins its a "free" blessing

It would be amazing on hex lord, felmyst etc if they didn't hard code those spells to ignore it. :(

I don't think they code the spells to ignore it directly. I think what it is is that BoSanc works like a "negative" spell dmg effect, and those spells are not modified by spell dmg for whatever reason (I don't think it would specifically target BoSanc though)
jere

Postby mclem » Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:41 am

Spectrum wrote:I still like the idea of it being an AE DPS blessing and a threat blessing. We don't really have any other blessings that increase threat. (Might doesn't really count).

One thing that's worth bearing in mind: given the new scaling of threat skills with AP, Might might start counting an awful lot more than it currently does as a threat blessing.
mclem

Postby Sartor » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:07 am

As a matter of fact I would like to see BoSanc no longer a blessing, but something like improved blessings - giving Paladin blessings additional functionality, similar to Retr aura and Swift Retribution talent.

I might repeat myself but I'd like to see something like that

Paladin blessings place Sanctuary on affected targets, reducing damage from all sources by 3% and reflecting 1% of paladin's stamina as Holy damage when a block occurs.
Sartor

Postby jere » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:10 am

Alternately, they could make sanctuary into some kind of "hand" spell now. Doing that, they could increase its effectiveness (short duration/long cooldown). It could even become an "oh crap" hand spell or something.
jere

Postby Soltyr » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:24 am

Sartor wrote:As a matter of fact I would like to see BoSanc no longer a blessing, but something like improved blessings - giving Paladin blessings additional functionality, similar to Retr aura and Swift Retribution talent.

I might repeat myself but I'd like to see something like that

Paladin blessings place Sanctuary on affected targets, reducing damage from all sources by 3% and reflecting 1% of paladin's stamina as Holy damage when a block occurs.

Sure interesting, but it makes 21 point in prot mandatory in raid (if not prot, screwing holy and ret build).
IMHO the prot 21 points talents need to be some kind of paladin only ability, not related to raid-buff and such, I think SR is enough in the ret tree.
Soltyr

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK