Remove Advertisements

Professional perks

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Re: Professional perks

Postby Whimsy » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:39 am

Don't forget:

Fishing: "Aura of Fish". You are surrounded by the smell of rotting fish guts, causing nature damage plus a stun effect to all within 20 yards. Note this has no effect on Forsaken since rotting fish is an improvement to their usual odor.
Whimsy
 
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:49 am

Postby halabar » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:44 am

bad double post
Last edited by halabar on Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9374
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Postby halabar » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:44 am

Arjuna wrote:I don't get why people are complaining about the sunwell engineering stuff, those helmets are at t6+ lvl and ofc is available to those that are at that content. Blizzard has to do stuff like that to keep people using the professions.

Why would anyone want engineering when the only useful thing they can make stopped being useful a few raid instances ago...so now they added a pattern that t6 engineers could look forward to getting...and people are complaining because they can't buy the pattern for a few badges! :P

sorry...but i just couldn't hold it back anymore :(

I'm probably wrong in some ways anyway, usually am...but this isn't the place to flame me, this is about wotlk!

And I for one is looking forward to getting up there with my new gems! I'll be busy making gems for my guild all the way to 80... :D


I agree that there should be something for the raiders, but in the process they are blocking the path for those who aren't top-tier raiders.

So now, they either....

1) Make Sunwell patterns trainable, pissing off the raiders, or...

2) Block the casuals from advancing professions except to make toys?

(they'd also need to make the hardened khorium pattern trainable, as it is only available from sunwell if you are a miner. Gonna block progression there too).

So, who do they tick off? Or do they just blow off the whole Sunwell set and make it all Cobalt?

LW looks to be usefull in WoTLK, assuming that the patterns are normal drops. Engineering has me really worried. I see the only use of engineering in WoTLK will be gathering the new "motes", if those even exist.

If there's not trainable (or world-drop) patterns for engineering, I'll drop it. LW on my hunter and BS on my pally with be much more usable.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9374
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Postby Arjuna » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:54 am

halabar wrote:
Arjuna wrote:I don't get why people are complaining about the sunwell engineering stuff, those helmets are at t6+ lvl and ofc is available to those that are at that content. Blizzard has to do stuff like that to keep people using the professions.

Why would anyone want engineering when the only useful thing they can make stopped being useful a few raid instances ago...so now they added a pattern that t6 engineers could look forward to getting...and people are complaining because they can't buy the pattern for a few badges! :P

sorry...but i just couldn't hold it back anymore :(

I'm probably wrong in some ways anyway, usually am...but this isn't the place to flame me, this is about wotlk!

And I for one is looking forward to getting up there with my new gems! I'll be busy making gems for my guild all the way to 80... :D


I agree that there should be something for the raiders, but in the process they are blocking the path for those who aren't top-tier raiders.

So now, they either....

1) Make Sunwell patterns trainable, pissing off the raiders, or...

2) Block the casuals from advancing professions except to make toys?

So, who do they tick off?

LW looks to be usefull in WoTLK, assuming that the patterns are normal drops. Engineering has me really worried.


well, basically, it would mean that the items dropped in high raids should be able to be vendor-bought aswell(oh wait, 2.4 badge items?)...the engineering recepies is basically dropped items for a certain profession...
I don't complain about the badge gear, but it feels awful when I won't upgrade my gear even a small bit until the second last boss in MH...and we still have to clear t5 instances...

The patterns reflect their progress...if a player can buy it for 18k gold on AH...well they are pretty high up in no-life progression... :P
(no offense meant to anyone!)

---------------------------------------------cut---------------------------------------

btw, any guys in the beta that have been training their professions? any JC? Does it look like we will have to slaughter the world 10 times over to get all those world drops again or are they trainable/vendor bought?
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
User avatar
Arjuna
 
Posts: 1843
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:26 am

Postby Yadard » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:57 am

I don't see why they need to make the tBC Raid pattens trainable. They didn't for tBC, so why does it matter now?

It's not like the gear made from them is necessary.
Image

Sworn: We do bad things to bad people.

Yadard - 70 - Moonglade
Yadard
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:17 am

Postby PsiVen » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:04 am

+65 stamina, ranged damage skill, possibly even a BoP armorsmithing piece that I would find useful for tanking?

EXPANSION RELEASE NAO
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
User avatar
PsiVen
Moderator
 
Posts: 4363
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:28 pm
Location: On a Boat

Postby halabar » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:07 am

Arjuna wrote:
well, basically, it would mean that the items dropped in high raids should be able to be vendor-bought aswell(oh wait, 2.4 badge items?)...the engineering recepies is basically dropped items for a certain profession...
I don't complain about the badge gear, but it feels awful when I won't upgrade my gear even a small bit until the second last boss in MH...and we still have to clear t5 instances...

The patterns reflect their progress...if a player can buy it for 18k gold on AH...well they are pretty high up in no-life progression... :P
(no offense meant to anyone!)

---------------------------------------------cut---------------------------------------

btw, any guys in the beta that have been training their professions? any JC? Does it look like we will have to slaughter the world 10 times over to get all those world drops again or are they trainable/vendor bought?



You kinda just made my point. So you want all the JC patterns trainable, but the engineering patterns need to be pried from Arthas's claws?

GoGo JC! screw engineers! yeah!

And if the patterns reflect progress, then there's no reason to do anything besides gathering until you are at the endgame. And then, what's the point?
Last edited by halabar on Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9374
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Postby halabar » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:08 am

Yadard wrote:I don't see why they need to make the tBC Raid pattens trainable. They didn't for tBC, so why does it matter now?

It's not like the gear made from them is necessary.


The question is, what is the progression for the profession?..

I'm not going to keep engineering for a damn motorbike so some lazy noobs can ask for a ride wherever i go...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9374
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Postby Lore » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:09 am

I think the problem with the tailoring stuff wasn't so much how good they were, it was more that it was 5 slots worth of gear (counting the BOE's which everyone made anyway). I liked the concept behind the Blacksmithing and Engineering items, even if they kinda forgot about Blacksmiths. You have 1 piece of gear that's really good, and you can upgrade as you progress. I'd love to see that sort of thing applied to all the professions.

It looks like that's what they want to do with Enchanting with the wands (although it seems to be incomplete at the moment), and hopefully the other professions will get something similar. The slightly better enchants/gems aren't quite as cool but are good as well (although I'm hoping a new stats to ring enchant shows up).
User avatar
Lore
Global Mod
 
Posts: 7757
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:52 am

Postby Yadard » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:14 am

Well, and I'm guessing here, a device that is the equivalent to the Primal hoover and some new (and almost certainly better than the current Sunwell) goggles would seem to be a cert. Guns and bullets too, but that's not much use for a Pally. My hunter will be glad to throw away the silly bow he's using at the moment though.

The bike, like the 'copter currently, is just a status item really. A nice one, but I doubt it's a reason to get Engineering.

Now if they'd just remove the bar on explosives and so forth in Arenas. It's not like the gems people have cut, armour & patches, enchants, etc stop working.
Image

Sworn: We do bad things to bad people.

Yadard - 70 - Moonglade
Yadard
 
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:17 am

Postby Arjuna » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:15 am

halabar wrote:
Arjuna wrote:
well, basically, it would mean that the items dropped in high raids should be able to be vendor-bought aswell(oh wait, 2.4 badge items?)...the engineering recepies is basically dropped items for a certain profession...
I don't complain about the badge gear, but it feels awful when I won't upgrade my gear even a small bit until the second last boss in MH...and we still have to clear t5 instances...

The patterns reflect their progress...if a player can buy it for 18k gold on AH...well they are pretty high up in no-life progression... :P
(no offense meant to anyone!)

---------------------------------------------cut---------------------------------------

btw, any guys in the beta that have been training their professions? any JC? Does it look like we will have to slaughter the world 10 times over to get all those world drops again or are they trainable/vendor bought?



You kinda just made my point. So you want all the JC patterns trainable, but the engineering patterns need to be pried from Arthas's claws?

GoGo JC! screw engineers! yeah!


Lol...just...lol

there is a difference between having all your recepies(and there are a LOT of them for JC, I'll say this since you clearly doesnt have JC) world drops...and talking about a pattern from sunwell!
Did you hear me crying about the JC patterns dropping from sunwell? No, you didn't...do you know why you didn't? Because I think it is fair that they are dropping there, making Jewelcrafters at that level in raiding get something extra that others don't! Ofc I would have wanted them, they are really nice! But I won't be raiding sunwell so I know i can't.
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
User avatar
Arjuna
 
Posts: 1843
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:26 am

Postby praetorae » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:16 am

Just another point...

Hardened Khorium strikes me as being very similar to Elementium in that the skill is only available to those that participate in high lvl raiding.

Those miners who had the ability to smelt Elementium had zero benefits leveling their mining skills past 300 when TBC hit. I suspect that this will be the case again once WotLK goes live.

As for the engineering goggles, I sorta hope they don't make the SW versions trainable and that instead the mats for the WotLK versions simply use the new materials and reagents Blizz make drop from Northrend.

Then again I could be wrong, and engineers @ lvl 80 could be begging their guilds to run SW trash over and over to get that rare pattern they need! (Seriously, this would be terrible).
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
User avatar
praetorae
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:17 am

Postby Arjuna » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:19 am

don't think they will do that prae, they'll probably introduce a few patterns that are a bit above the regular epic goggles with northrend mats and later maybe make them upgrade in the raids...
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
User avatar
Arjuna
 
Posts: 1843
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:26 am

Postby PsiVen » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:21 am

Yadard wrote:Now if they'd just remove the bar on explosives and so forth in Arenas. It's not like the gems people have cut, armour & patches, enchants, etc stop working.


Consumables are banned so that you don't have spend hundreds of gold on arena matches. Also, arenas would be retarded with extra stuns and interrupts.
Gladiator Psiven, 90 Tankadin
90 Druid, 90 Mage, 85 Monk, 85 DK, 70 War, 70 Pal, 60 Priest, 60 Lock, 64 Rogue
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
User avatar
PsiVen
Moderator
 
Posts: 4363
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2007 5:28 pm
Location: On a Boat

Postby halabar » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:23 am

Arjuna wrote:
Lol...just...lol

there is a difference between having all your recepies(and there are a LOT of them for JC, I'll say this since you clearly doesnt have JC) world drops...and talking about a pattern from sunwell!
Did you hear me crying about the JC patterns dropping from sunwell? No, you didn't...do you know why you didn't? Because I think it is fair that they are dropping there, making Jewelcrafters at that level in raiding get something extra that others don't! Ofc I would have wanted them, they are really nice! But I won't be raiding sunwell so I know i can't.


But look at the list of 60+ patterns for JC that's already in the WoLTK files. There is plenty for an JC to do, even without epic patterns. There are a lot of usefull BOP items as well for JC, even without Sunwell stuff.

Engineering has 3 uses.

1) gather motes.

2) make bullets/arrows

3) epic helm.

If they take away #3, or make it unavailable except to end-game raiding, there's not much use for it on my pally.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9374
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest