Remove Advertisements

Professional perks

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Rothes » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:15 am

I am confused. How do you get these buffs? Do you get +35 stam for having the mining tracking on or is it a gem/item?
Rothes - Protection Paladin - Bloodscalp
"When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compare or compete, everybody will respect you."
--Lao Tzu
Rothes

Postby Arjuna » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:16 am

Rothes wrote:I am confused. How do you get these buffs? Do you get +35 stam for having the mining tracking on or is it a gem/item?

guess you learn it just as smelting...but just a guess
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Obrimos » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:16 am

Rothes wrote:I am confused. How do you get these buffs? Do you get +35 stam for having the mining tracking on or is it a gem/item?

It's a permanent buff.

As in, you get +35 stamina for being a miner.

That's it. Straight buff.
Obrimos

Postby Maelstrom » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:17 am

Taeron wrote:When did blizzard say that about BoP profession items? I do hope it's true, since I'd hate to drop enchanting because some other profession would have something I'd absolutely have to have or suffer gear penalty until the very late end game raiding.

I'm currenly satisfied with smithing and enchanting. But it does look like enchanting is become less and less useful as other professions gain perks that highly surpass the probable +6 stats to ring enchant.

The first hint was back in 2.1 (I think, may have been later) when they nerfed the crap out of the Frozen Shadoweave and Spellfire sets because they were vastly overpowered, unfortunately everyone that made these sets was upset so Blizzard had to revert it before they went live. I doubt this mistake will be happening again :) I think there was also something on elitistjerks from Tigole but can't be sure. Either way, I shall be watching very closely :)
Maelstrom

Postby Rothes » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:17 am

Hmm... I approve!
Rothes - Protection Paladin - Bloodscalp
"When you are content to be simply yourself and don't compare or compete, everybody will respect you."
--Lao Tzu
Rothes

Postby Arjuna » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:18 am

different ranks suggests that it is learned from a trainer...or something...
Arjuna

Postby halabar » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:21 am

Some points that haven't been mentioned yet...

1) The LW armour upgrades are BOP, you won't be seeing them in the AH. (Which hoses LW for money-making)

2) There is a replacement for primals called "eternals". It's not known where these drop or if they are BOP or what, or if they are gathered by engineering/gathering.

3) Even if they provide epic engineering patterns, they might be impossible to get. The current round is only available in Sunwell as you know, and only a handfull ever appear on the AH. This means that unless you are a top-tier raider, you are better off digging ore, as WoLTK blues will replace your current Engineering helm, and you won't have a upgrade path to a new engineering helm. Only seen ONE of the helms I could use in the AH, and it was listed for 18,000 bid.

So basically, if you aren't in Sunwell, engineering is useless once WoLTK hits.

I'm concerned here about what Blizz might do. If they follow what they did in Sunwell, they will KILL casual crafters, as all the better patterns and receipes only come from a raid instance, along with the mats as well. It seems as though they still want to force all toons into raids or arena. So they might hose the casuals in the process. (Anyone seen hardened khorium in the AH yet?.. 4 months or more after Sunwell was released?)

Hopefully they won't hose the crafters, but their preoccupation with "everyone must raid or do arena" has me worried.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Arjuna » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:28 am

they'll probably have some more epic helm-patterns at lvl 80 for engineers with t7-t8 stats and the bike ofc and probably some better injectors and stuff...

only one of the leg upgrades so far is BoP, and it's an epic dps armor patch...
Arjuna

Postby Obrimos » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:28 am

More people will be seeing top-tier raiding, too, as you can do it with 10 guys instead of 25.
Obrimos

Postby honorshammer » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:29 am

I'm definately in a wait and see mode. I'm an Engineer/JC. I love Engineering. I can't imagine the Wrath goggles would require the Sunwell ones as a mat or the Sunwell ones will become trainable from a trainer.

I will have a new mount macro.

BAD TO THE BONE!!
honorshammer

Postby halabar » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:30 am

Maelstrom wrote: Blizzard did admit that they learnt that massive BoP profession advantages were retarded and won't be doing them again..

No, they'll instead hose us by putting the epic patterns in Arthas's loot chest, making them impossible for 98% of the player base to get. Just like the Sunwell epic patterns. The only epic patterns from Sunwell that are cheaper that 10,000 G in the AH are the healer ones, as apparently few healers are crafters.

If they continue this trend, and all epic upgrades past what we currently have are only from high-end raids, I will quit this game for good. I raid some, but I don't want to drag every toon through raids just in hopes of getting patterns.

So if you are currently sporting the engineering 2.0 goggles, there's a good chance you'll be replacing them with a WoLTK quest blue, and then you can drop engineering.

halabar

Postby halabar » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:35 am

Arjuna wrote:they'll probably have some more epic helm-patterns at lvl 80 for engineers with t7-t8 stats and the bike ofc and probably some better injectors and stuff...

Yeah, but if you need to be in Arthas's den to get the patterns, what's the point?.. you've already beat the game. Go pwn BGs in Arthas epics?..

Engineering was fantastic when you could go and train for the v2.0 goggles. But now, it appears you'll have to be raiding Arthas or other raids to get the patterns, if they follow the Sunwell approach.

If they do the Sunwell thing, then 95% of the people will never see the patterns, because the drops are too rare, and there's not much trash to drop them. The professions become worthless then, because the quest blues will be better than the old v 2.0 gear.

halabar

Postby halabar » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:35 am

Arjuna wrote:they'll probably have some more epic helm-patterns at lvl 80 for engineers with t7-t8 stats and the bike ofc and probably some better injectors and stuff...

Yeah, but if you need to be in Arthas's den to get the patterns, what's the point?.. you've already beat the game. Go pwn BGs in Arthas epics?..

Engineering was fantastic when you could go and train for the v2.0 goggles. But now, it appears you'll have to be raiding Arthas or other raids to get the patterns, if they follow the Sunwell approach.

If they do the Sunwell thing, then 95% of the people will never see the patterns, because the drops are too rare, and there's not much trash to drop them. The professions become worthless then, because the quest blues will be better than the old v 2.0 gear.

halabar

Postby halabar » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:38 am

Honorshammer wrote:I'm definately in a wait and see mode. I'm an Engineer/JC. I love Engineering. I can't imagine the Wrath goggles would require the Sunwell ones as a mat or the Sunwell ones will become trainable from a trainer.

I don't know about that.. I hope you're right. I really do. But I'm really afraid they've gone down the road of all-patterns-from-raids. Even if they are BOE, the costs will be way too high.

Saw the Ret goggle pattern last week. 24,000 G on Uldaman.

halabar

Postby Arjuna » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:39 am

I don't get why people are complaining about the sunwell engineering stuff, those helmets are at t6+ lvl and ofc is available to those that are at that content. Blizzard has to do stuff like that to keep people using the professions.

Why would anyone want engineering when the only useful thing they can make stopped being useful a few raid instances ago...so now they added a pattern that t6 engineers could look forward to getting...and people are complaining because they can't buy the pattern for a few badges! :P

sorry...but i just couldn't hold it back anymore :(

I'm probably wrong in some ways anyway, usually am...but this isn't the place to flame me, this is about wotlk!

And I for one is looking forward to getting up there with my new gems! I'll be busy making gems for my guild all the way to 80... :D
Arjuna

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK