Remove Advertisements

Mana Back from Divine Guardian while ot'ing?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:33 pm

Sweeney wrote:
moduspwnens wrote:Eh, you'd still have the other bubble that you can't do anything in. It wouldn't mind either way.

*headslap* Good point. I always forget about that.

Divine Protection doesn't last as long, yeah, but it's not called "Divine Shield" so this talent wouldn't affect it. You'd always have a choice.

And it also doesn't help against physical damage, which usually isn't the problem. Divine Guardian would take away a very important emgergency button for me in a lot of situations.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:48 pm

Divine Protection

It says physical attacks, or am I confused?
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:03 pm

moduspwnens wrote:Divine Protection

Yeah, I meant it only protects against physical attacks, changed my wording halfway through, I guess.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:07 pm

Fridmarr wrote:
moduspwnens wrote:Divine Protection

Yeah, I meant it only protects against physical attacks, changed my wording halfway through, I guess.

Oh, I just realized you are talking about divine protection, I was thinking blessing of protection. I guess that would work.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Lore » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:21 pm

I guess in situations where everyone around you is going to take large chunks of damage one at a time (ie: boss picks one guy, shoots Big Fireball of Doom at him, picks another, shoots Big Fireball of Doom at him) then it would be useful, but that's highly situational and probably something you'd just respec for (especially since 50g isn't likely to be much more than pocket change in the expansion).

If you want to just eat 30% of one person's damage (ie: the MT) then just use the new Hand of Sacrifice. It lasts just as long AND has a shorter cooldown AND doesn't cause forbearance.

At best I think there are better places to put 2 talent points.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Sharlos » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:58 pm

It would be nice if they made Divine Protection somewhat useful. Same as making Purify useful for something other than cleansing disease/poisons while the target has Unsatable Afliction on them.
Sharlos

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:09 pm

Lore wrote:I guess in situations where everyone around you is going to take large chunks of damage one at a time (ie: boss picks one guy, shoots Big Fireball of Doom at him, picks another, shoots Big Fireball of Doom at him) then it would be useful, but that's highly situational and probably something you'd just respec for (especially since 50g isn't likely to be much more than pocket change in the expansion).

If you want to just eat 30% of one person's damage (ie: the MT) then just use the new Hand of Sacrifice. It lasts just as long AND has a shorter cooldown AND doesn't cause forbearance.

Hmmm. I guess unless there's some odd new encounter theme, it might be better to skip it.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Dorvan » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:57 pm

Lore wrote:I guess in situations where everyone around you is going to take large chunks of damage one at a time (ie: boss picks one guy, shoots Big Fireball of Doom at him, picks another, shoots Big Fireball of Doom at him) then it would be useful, but that's highly situational and probably something you'd just respec for (especially since 50g isn't likely to be much more than pocket change in the expansion).

I tend to think that too, and that the talent could use some reworking (as stated earlier)....however, the only T6-level situations where I think the AoE damage would be too much are Najen'tus, Illidan, and maybe RoS. On all the other fights only a few peopel are eating AoE damage at a time, so it wouldn't be that difficult to sustain the damage taken from soaking for them. I still think it's intended primarily as an OT'ing talent, I'm just not sure there'll be anough content to take advantage of it.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:20 am

In my testing it did not cause me any damage. However, it's hard to tell if the talent was working at all. When I bubbled the person with me didn't get any visual buff indicator, and he was taking such little damage (and I only put one point in the skill) that we couldn't really verify that it reduced his damage. The lack of addons to really examine the log, can be frustrating. If it worked though, I didn't take any damage.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Noradin » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:45 am

Fridmarr wrote:In my testing it did not cause me any damage. However, it's hard to tell if the talent was working at all. When I bubbled the person with me didn't get any visual buff indicator, and he was taking such little damage (and I only put one point in the skill) that we couldn't really verify that it reduced his damage. The lack of addons to really examine the log, can be frustrating. If it worked though, I didn't take any damage.

Take 2 paladins have one use this talent and have the other one judge SoB on some random mob (not a player).
That way you know exactly how much damage he would take without the talent. There could be a problem because the damage is self inflicted but if it works you'll know right away.
ImageImage
Noradin

Postby Dorvan » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:32 am

Yeah, self-inflicted damage has its own quirks.....I wouldn't recommend using it for testing this.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Jaydin » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:33 pm

hehe hella long time no posting for me - i've been pouring over the new talents and i have about 5 spreadsheets of threat and ret rotations >-> <-<

wtb some beta confirmation on whether you take the damage or not... im staying far away if you take the damage from it (since you cannot switch off the ability and definitely could accidentally take more damage than you intended), however if you would simply redirect all incoming damage to your bubble, this has some serious raid viability.

its deep enough in prot that a holy pally has to specifically aim to get it if they want it, and i can't see a ret paladin ever getting it unless his/her arm was twisted into getting it. but its enough into prot that a holy pally can get basically all they need to adequately heal and still not nerf themselves by getting it...its like imp conc aura presently imo.

im thinking RoS 3rd aura...3 pallies, go go bubble rotation...blow it 5 seconds in, and keep the cycle going...36 seconds of 30% reduced damage...none too shabby. or even better, wait for partway into the phase and then start the rotation and last through the end of the phase...
Jaydin

?

Postby Mavrix » Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:08 pm

Why would you need to? P3 ROS is not hard now?
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
Mavrix

Re: ?

Postby Jaydin » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:54 pm

Mavrix wrote:Why would you need to? P3 ROS is not hard now?

need to? no. its been on farm and i think we've maaaaaybe wiped once ever? on p3. just saying a situation like that where everyone's taking damage...could be sexy for the damage reduction. then we'd also have to see if the reduction stacked...
Jaydin

Postby enbee » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:22 am

I doubt it's gonna damage through bubble, there isn't a single skill ingame that if you aren't carefull when you use it you get gibbed :p
LoL, a paladin tank!
enbee

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK