Remove Advertisements

Mana Back from Divine Guardian while ot'ing?

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Soltyr » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:15 pm

jere wrote:
enbee wrote:I doubt it's gonna damage through bubble, there isn't a single skill ingame that if you aren't carefull when you use it you get gibbed :p

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=19752

*whistles*

oh.. just for info, it's 20min CD now (more repair bills saved :P )
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?spell=19752
Soltyr

Postby Paladei » Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:21 pm

I've wanted to know the answer to this question from the moment I read that talent tool-tip. I mentioned the thought on the official forums and got loled at, but my thinking was similar to what I've read here. 30% damage reduction every four minutes sounds a little over-powered considering how it's a mid tier talent.
Paladei

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:37 pm

Ok, I ran into Mortehl in beta and we retested Divine Guardian. We used a Shadow Priest to DoT him, then I popped the bubble. Again I took no damage, but now I can confirm that the dot on Mort didnt' change, so in effect this skill is doing nothing at all right now.

I tried it again after dropping sacred duty with a guildie of mine and I got the same result. The skill had no effect whatsoever. Obviously, it's bugged for me and I don't know the cause. It may be bugged for everyone.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Lore » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:49 pm

Dorvan wrote:I'm still not sure what test Lore is referring to though. Although I tend to believe that would be the intended functionality, I'd like to see something more convincing than a post by some smelly blood elf who isn't even in Beta ;)

I saw it on these forums somewhere, I don't remember where =\
Lore
Global Mod

yo

Postby Mavrix » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:42 pm

Fridmarr wrote:Ok, I ran into Mortehl in beta and we retested Divine Guardian. We used a Shadow Priest to DoT him, then I popped the bubble. Again I took no damage, but now I can confirm that the dot on Mort didnt' change, so in effect this skill is doing nothing at all right now.

I tried it again after dropping sacred duty with a guildie of mine and I got the same result. The skill had no effect whatsoever. Obviously, it's bugged for me and I don't know the cause. It may be bugged for everyone.

Did you test it in a PvE scenario or just PvP?
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
Mavrix

Re: yo

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:53 pm

Mavrix wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:Ok, I ran into Mortehl in beta and we retested Divine Guardian. We used a Shadow Priest to DoT him, then I popped the bubble. Again I took no damage, but now I can confirm that the dot on Mort didnt' change, so in effect this skill is doing nothing at all right now.

Did you test it in a PvE scenario or just PvP?

Both. The test with Mort was PVP, every other time I've tried it, it was PVE. The last time it was PVE and I was trying to eliminate reasons for it to bug, so I only spec'd far enough into prot to get the talent and I was naked. Maybe it doesn't like dwarves...
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby arilink » Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:18 pm

My Guess
Well, maybe Blizz is unsure about that skill and did not active it already.
12s -30% Raiddamage is crazy and maybe "imbalanced".
I could imagine many raid situations in which this single skill could prevent a wipe. Al'Ar, Magtheridon, Naj'entus, RoS for example.
Even if it would ignore the immunity - have you read about that death prevention skill in the priests holy tree? I've seen the priests bubble to absorb multiple chunks of 1xxx damage when the attacks were incoming simultanouesly. Our AD does not function properly either when damage is incoming at the same time. - So when you got this mentioned priest buff on you and like Naj'entus Tideshield is dealing it's ~70k damage to you in the same second you could probably survive. ;)

However my guess is that redirected damage will just get the same "immune" message as if the attack was going directly against you.
The best example was already named: Blessing of Sacrifice.
The damage is redirected but you are "immune" or the attack simply "misses".
Chaos damage and Avenging Wrath (talented) however have "immunity-piercing" effects which would land through our bubble either way.
I think Blizz wanted to take this into account.

Edit:
Meh, I am just way too slow today ...
arilink

Previous

Return to WotLK