Badass (?) BoE Blues in Wrath!

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Lieris » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:40 pm

Dragonzbane wrote:
Lieris wrote:Blizzard said the gear reset would not be as dramatic as it was in TBC but we can see that's clearly false now :/ Looks like there will be dungeon blues that are better than the Illidan and Sunwell shields.

How is that false?

L76?
That's a pretty solid way through the exp before I'm dump my Sunwell gear.

I was replacing most of my AQ/Naxx gear before I hit L64.

Maybe you're right, I didn't play pre-TBC so it's not something I've experienced before. I'll be enjoying holy shied slam too much to care anyway.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Spiggless » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:15 pm

I think it will be hard to decide if something is an upgrade over our current gear which is loaded with spell damage, since it doesn't seem like we will get it on our gear.

First time posting btw (outside sig test).
Spiggless

Postby Petrus » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:45 pm

PsiVen wrote:Scarab is completely different from the Insignia and I still don't have a $#*@$#*!@ second block value trinket.

Trinkets from pre-TBC are only better because they weren't required to have a click-to-use or proc function. We won't have that phenomenon in WotLK unless they make all trinkets have 2 of those, even perfectly itemized things like the Skull of Gul'dan won't last long.

I'm not saying they're the same, I'm just saying that they're similar in being very highly valued tanking trinkets because of the great itemization. Styleen's had Def, BR, BV, and SMI has Def, Dodge, and an on use health effect, making both trinkets very good and highly valuable for their content level and maybe beyond.
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:22 pm

Lieris wrote:Blizzard said the gear reset would not be as dramatic as it was in TBC but we can see that's clearly false now :/ Looks like there will be dungeon blues that are better than the Illidan and Sunwell shields.

Shields are a bad measure for item scaling due to the value of armor.

Keep in mind the way armor scales with level. All that armor on those shields will be worth less in relation to the content of its' level than our super epic Illidan shields in relation to L70 content.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Dorvan » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:55 pm

Sabindeus wrote:Shields are a bad measure for item scaling due to the value of armor.

Keep in mind the way armor scales with level. All that armor on those shields will be worth less in relation to the content of its' level than our super epic Illidan shields in relation to L70 content.

Yes, but all stats will be worth relatively less....unless there's a change in stat valuation like with stamina in TBC, armor is a pretty good indication of the relative item budge of 2 pieces of gear for the same slot. Using a shield comparison is completely valid.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Previous

Return to WotLK