Spec for levelling as tankadin L70+ wotlk

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Kaidee » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:49 am

No quest log pre-filling...sorry guys. It didn't work for TBC and most likely won't work for WotLK. (It was fun hearing all the QQ from people that didn't/couldn't be bothered to read the notes.)

Just sticking to dailies now, if anything at all for quests until the expansion.
Kaidee

Postby Dendrah » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:36 am

I plan a little LAN paryt at my place for a coulple of days. We'll have myself, 2 mages a lock and a holy priest. I don't think I need to explain we'll be doing the "kill X number of Y" kind of quests and running instances like mad.

I think we'll start of with some BM grinding at first till some lvl 72.

I think the crowd might be rather ok since people will want to try DK too.

If I can't get the LAN party organised I'm going on my hunter first and do my paladin easy time later on.

With my hunter I'll jump one or 2 area's. If you consider 480 DPS decent I think 1k DPS will make it all trival.
Dendrah

Postby Coldaan » Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:45 am

only thing i'm not quite sure about yet is if i should go for imp. judgement or seals of the pure in my leveling spec. seals of the pure seems to be a great talent, plus it's easy to get, but i've tried working without imp. judgement a while ago and i really didn't like it.

i'm not sure which would be better for leveling as prot (basically running instances from 70 to 80) considering treat, dmg, mana etc.
Coldaan

Postby Modal » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:13 am

So, yr saying I should recharge 4/5 of those machine things on Quel'Danas, and bomb 1/2 Pit Lords, and grab 3 keys for the ore in the naga chests but only open 2 of them? :P
Modal

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:01 pm

Probably will go with a spec like
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/cla ... 0000000000

I leveled 10-70 prot, might as well do 71-80 prot too. AoE grinding while questing, and running instances when the opportunity arises. Since I'll heavily outgear the content for a while, I figure I can get away with not having a metric ton of avoidance from talents.
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Digren » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:48 pm

I've never not been prot, and I'll stick with it leveling up through WotLK.

My preference will be a spec like:
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=szZE0tIx0zMgoeoGoVb

The reason for this is that it includes all the active abilities that I'm likely to ever get, including Hammer of the Righteous. That way I can level up learning the best rotations for different tanking situations, and feel skilled with the button presses. It also has most of the damage abilities so I can solo with some amount of success.

As I level, I can pick up passive abilities like Deflection, since they don't change my playstyle.
Digren

Postby Macha » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:23 pm

Gonna level as prot in instances, so I'm just picking every threat talent, ignoring all the mitigation ones. It's not as if I'm not overgeared to begin with, I can lose the parry for now.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=szZE0tIx0zMgoeoGoVb

Like so. No redoubt/Shieldspec, due to the Strength conversion issues.
Macha

Previous

Return to WotLK