"Holy Shield Slap"

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Worldie » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:41 am

And it can crit for OVER NINE THOUSAND threat.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby moduspwnens » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:09 am

Worldie wrote:And it can crit for OVER NINE THOUSAND threat.

WHAT?! NINE THOUSAND?!
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby jere » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:11 am

Tisiphone wrote:This is what I wrote on the official forums:

With 1000 Block Value, Shield Specialization and Righteous Fury:
1000 * 1.3 * 1.9 * 2 = 4940 threat.

Adding Shield of the Templar talent :
1000 * 1.3 * 1.9 * 1.15 * 2 = 5681threat.

Adding 10% Block Value meta gem :
1000 * 1.3 * 1.9 * 1.15 * 1.1 *2 = 6249.1 threat.

Adding 1h spec :
1000 * 1.3 * 1.9 * 1.15 * 1.1 * 1.05 *2 = 6561,6 threat.

That is too without the "increased threat" component. Quite amazing numbers

Just some notes:

Shield Spec does not increase all BV by 30%. It doesn't affect BV from STR, only BV from gear where it is called Block Value. Not a big issue in live, but with the possible STR scaling in WotLK, it might make a difference.

The meta gem is not the same as multiplying by 1.1. It is very weird in that it adds to Shield spec rather than multiplies. So 1.3 would become 1.4 with the meta gem, but you would not do 1.3*1.1, which is 1.43.
jere

Postby QuantumDelta » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:13 am

Wait shield spec isn't multiplicative right on the end of everything?
Ugh.
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:20 am

jere wrote:Just some notes:

Shield Spec does not increase all BV by 30%. It doesn't affect BV from STR, only BV from gear where it is called Block Value. Not a big issue in live, but with the possible STR scaling in WotLK, it might make a difference.

The meta gem is not the same as multiplying by 1.1. It is very weird in that it adds to Shield spec rather than multiplies. So 1.3 would become 1.4 with the meta gem, but you would not do 1.3*1.1, which is 1.43.

Just speculation at this point, but we haven't seen any items with block value yet, and since DeathKnights don't use the stat, I won't be surprised if it only exists on shields.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby jere » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:01 pm

Fridmarr wrote:

Just speculation at this point, but we haven't seen any items with block value yet, and since DeathKnights don't use the stat, I won't be surprised if it only exists on shields.

Well, I guess my point was just to remind him that we also get block value from STR and it isn't multiplied by 1.3 currently. If we don't get block value on items, I wonder if they will change how the multiplier works.
jere

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:02 pm

jere wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:

Well, I guess my point was just to remind him that we also get block value from STR and it isn't multiplied by 1.3 currently. If we don't get block value on items, I wonder if they will change how the multiplier works.

Well if they don't, that'll probably save me 8 talent points :)
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Damiun » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:22 pm

Fridmarr wrote:
jere wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:

if they dont itll save EVERY paladin 8 talent poitns o.O

unless... wtb: level 80 versions of gnoemrgan autoblocker
Damiun

Postby Sharlos » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:54 pm

Damiun wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:
jere wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:

if you don't get edoubt you'll need to spend points in divine strength to get to the next teir. ideally, they'd change redoubt to a 2 point talent.
Sharlos

well

Postby Mavrix » Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:47 am

Sharlos wrote:
Damiun wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:
jere wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:

if you don't get edoubt you'll need to spend points in divine strength to get to the next teir. ideally, they'd change redoubt to a 2 point talent.

Or better yet roll shield spec into it or decouple redoubt from shield spec entirely.
If necessity is the mother of invention, laziness must be the father.

Mavrix

Dalaran

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n&n=Mavrix
Mavrix

Previous

Return to WotLK