"Holy Shield Slap"

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

"Holy Shield Slap"

Postby Worldie » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:43 pm

I've been looking at this spell recently, altho i still have to menage to get 75 (will take a bit, hehe)...

Now, i'm speculating some math on this. Atm my regular tanking gear includes around 800 block value with the libram from bt proc which is not that much, but however, it's based on our current gear setup, which has close to 0 BV on it (i got BV only from t6 chest and sunwell pieces).

That mean that, assuming i could already use it, as fresh 70s my ShoR (it sucks as acronym, but better starting to get used to it) would hit for 1600ish damage non crit, making it around 3k threat ignoring the "High threat component", thus about 500 TPS from the skill alone (lolwut).

Then i was more bored, and looked at my block value set, which gives me (with autoblocker activation) 1500ish block value, thus i would get a nice 3k non crit, 6k TPS on single target from the skill (rofl).

Conclusion #1: we'll soon need a copy from the Tankspot thread about shield slam records.
Conclusion #2: the skill itself, at least from theory side, is VERY powerful threat side. Assuming it doesn't get any benefit from spelldamage, there will still be 1h Spec, and being it Holy (thus magical) damage, Misery, giving a additional 10% bonus. Add avenging wrath for 20% more.... hur hur, i can crit for OVER NINE THOUSAND as soon as i get it.

I think this skill will (if left in the current state) become our main threat skill on single target.
Well, we wanted shield slam, we got a better version than the original since ours look like being way more TPS than the warrior version as neo 70.
I'm very interested now in seeing the high level gear and how it will suite this. High-BV sets look very appealing in the current form of the spell.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby knaughty » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:44 pm

OVER NINE THOUSAND?!?!?

My amusement will come from having more spell power on my tankadin than on my T-5 geared warlock.

In my current tanking gear, I'm past 1,800 stam - 550 spell-power from stam, 650+ in tanking gear = 1200 or so if in full EH gear.

Threat gear will add a couple-hundred to that. Might be able to break 1,500 if I try really hard.

TPS numbers are going to be a bit silly while levelling.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby Karock » Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:22 pm

You lucky devil :(

wtb beta key
Karock

Postby Dane » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:11 pm

I haven't taken a super close look at all the Wrath changes, but won't the tweaks to Salv make having insane TPS kinda neccesary?
Dane

Postby QuantumDelta » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:24 pm

Dane wrote:I haven't taken a super close look at all the Wrath changes, but won't the tweaks to Salv make having insane TPS kinda neccesary?
adjustments are being made to most of the other classes that didn't already have threat reduction.
I also expect to see hand of salv or whatever it's called to get a cooldown redux -.-
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby bjanssen » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:39 pm

QuantumDelta wrote:
Dane wrote:I haven't taken a super close look at all the Wrath changes, but won't the tweaks to Salv make having insane TPS kinda neccesary?
adjustments are being made to most of the other classes that didn't already have threat reduction.
I also expect to see hand of salv or whatever it's called to get a cooldown redux -.-

Heh yeah right I can see that - Ok I've got my adds under control and my spell rotation going just right....oh no the idiot hunter is getting too much threat I'll just introduce a few Hand of Salvs to save his stupid arse .... oh crap my spell rotation just fell over now the warlock and the boomkin are all over my threat as well better HoSalv them... ah shoulda let the hunter die
bjanssen

Postby aranil » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:44 pm

bjanssen wrote:ah shoulda let the hunter die

Isn't that what we always do?

I can see Hand of Salv really screwing up our spell rotation in those really nasty fights, but also looking at it, if/when Omen comes back, keep an eye on it and use it preemptively since it is reading as it drops their current threat. Might also give them a nice "Hey, slow down, you almost pulled there" slap to the head too.
aranil

Postby Candiru » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:07 am

And hand of salvation would make fights like bloodboil a joke, since you could use it to force a tank transition whenever you wanted, as well as spam it on everyone to lower their threat :)
Candiru

Postby Ezikiel » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:25 am

if shield slap is this good, wouldnt it be smart to pick 5/5 divine strength, 15% is alot

Ezikiel retierd pre 2.3
Ezikiel

Postby Seloei » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:36 am

There will be multiple builds, ones for "insane threat" ones for "survival"

Based on the current skills/talents, you could go with the survival tree and still do like 2x the TPS of other tanks.

Also Hand of Salvation would not be useful on bloodboil, since tanks already have a hard time getting threat and it's risking dps overtaking them.
Seloei

Postby Worldie » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:10 am

Wotlk will put a big emphasis (unless they change the trees again) on the choice of talents. Like it is it's impossible to pick all the survival talents and all the threat talents.

I expect new versions of AS vs SA topics soonish.

R.i.p. 40/21 :(
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby moduspwnens » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:18 am

We may not need all the threat talents, though. I guess we'll see.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Andox » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:32 am

moduspwnens wrote:We may not need all the threat talents, though. I guess we'll see.

I think that it depends on how much strength we will get on our level 80 gear. if it´s lots of strength, we might not need it. Depends on stamina aswell, of course, for the spelldamage. But I guess we need alot of threattalents. They can´t just buff our TPS while keeping the DPS threat low.
Andox

Postby Fizzgig » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:35 am

Andox wrote:
moduspwnens wrote:We may not need all the threat talents, though. I guess we'll see.

I think that it depends on how much strength we will get on our level 80 gear. if it´s lots of strength, we might not need it. Depends on stamina aswell, of course, for the spelldamage. But I guess we need alot of threattalents. They can´t just buff our TPS while keeping the DPS threat low.

Of course its just initial theorycrafting but it looks like we got a gigantic threat increase, and it seems most of the dps classes didnt get too many insane dps talents. At first glance I'd think we'd be alright with just the new skills to fill in our rotations.
Fizzgig

Postby Tisiphone » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:40 am

This is what I wrote on the official forums:

With 1000 Block Value, Shield Specialization and Righteous Fury:
1000 * 1.3 * 1.9 * 2 = 4940 threat.

Adding Shield of the Templar talent :
1000 * 1.3 * 1.9 * 1.15 * 2 = 5681threat.

Adding 10% Block Value meta gem :
1000 * 1.3 * 1.9 * 1.15 * 1.1 *2 = 6249.1 threat.

Adding 1h spec :
1000 * 1.3 * 1.9 * 1.15 * 1.1 * 1.05 *2 = 6561,6 threat.

That is too without the "increased threat" component. Quite amazing numbers
Like they say, bind all buttons to FoL and just roll your head over the keyboard.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Tisiphone
Tisiphone

Next

Return to WotLK