Worth it?

Getting it.
96%
Skipping it.
4%

Total votes : 57

will Improved Fury be worth it anymore?

Postby Rokh » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:10 pm

So.... now that you dont need the talent points to get the 90% theat... is 6% reduction worth the points?

If you get hit for 10,000 dmg

You will get hit for 9,400 dmg

Are there better places to spend the points?
Rokh

Postby Huon » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:14 pm

6% less damage...

don't see why you would skip? where would you put your points instead?

You also have to think that the fight won't be just 1 hit... hey look its just 600 damage out of a 10k hit. In the long run, it stacks a heck of a lot.
Huon

Postby unlimit » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:28 pm

We're tanks, we're here to take the hits so the squishys don't have to, and for us, the less damage incoming the more mobs we can pull.

We're all going to get it.
Last edited by unlimit on Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenRDX Basic Guides: Forum Topic + Vimeo Channel
unlimit
Maintankadonor

Postby Chevalier » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:42 pm

Is this serious?
Chevalier

Postby d503 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:49 pm

Would you take 600 free block value that was up at all times regardless of mitigation when getting pounded on for 10k a shot? I would...
d503

Re: will Improved Fury be worth it anymore?

Postby knaughty » Sat Jul 19, 2008 12:01 am

Rokh wrote:So.... now that you dont need the talent points to get the 90% theat... is 6% reduction worth the points?

Gee...

If it was 6% stam for 3 points would you take it?

Le Sigh. Are you a tank or not? Of course you take the mitigation talents.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby DeadlyRabbit » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:49 am

I almost voted skipping it to play into the joke, 6% of all damage can't be skipped by a tank, even some holy palys spec into it now because they have salv on them in 25 mans, of course with salv being removed they won't be able to do that anymore, or maybe the threat changes will make it possible.

Too early to answer many questions about the expansion.
DeadlyRabbit

Postby Sarutankah » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:09 pm

I don't tank much but 5 mans and kara at present and only plan on 10 mans in wrath - I am not fussed about 6% damage reduction if it frees up more tools for outgoing damage (finishing a fight 30 secs earlier because of higher threat ceiling (ret pallies pulling 12-13k judgements in beta at level 73/74 :lol:) means a whole shed load of damage "mitigated".

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sZV0tc ... oZxcxx0c0h

I may even drop more prot for more ret.

The removal of crushing blows and more "generic" stats on gear may mean a set full of strength over sd can be used well for most stuff.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sZE0tcxczM0qxZxcxxhz0A

Welcome to the world of options as a lowbie "fun" pally tank imo.
Sarutankah

Postby Worldie » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:18 pm

Unless wotlk fights are made of only magical damage, skipping 6% damage reduction is WRONG, for any tank. It's like if a warrior would tank in battle stance.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sarutankah » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:55 pm

which is effectively what you are doing by skipping it I guess.

But yeah - who here has bitched about mana issues from outgearing instances... we all know we be farming hard for whatever the new BOJ is and even I in my cruddy gear tank easier heroics in a dress sometimes.

progression = different of course but for a guy with a lock as his main my lil tank is gonna be every spec under the sun at 80 and dropping imp RF or imp shield spec are things I would do no probs.

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sZE00h ... xhbhAcoxzh

I may pick it up in a ret build :wink:

to be honest - my pally is a tank and in order to do that properly and as well as can be 6% DR is required, but it doesn't mean that you wont get away with trying new stuff and stepping outside of "the box" mentality.
Sarutankah

Postby Dorvan » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:20 pm

Worldie wrote:Unless wotlk fights are made of only magical damage, skipping 6% damage reduction is WRONG, for any tank. It's like if a warrior would tank in battle stance.

It's 6% to all damage, not just physical, so even if fights are made of only magical damage skipping it is wrong.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Maelstrom » Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:24 am

This seems like a trend amongst some parts of the tankadin community, like skipping shield spec because they dont "feel" the difference. The same logic can be applied to redoubt and the constant moaning people have about it, despite the fact that redoubt is an amazing passive mitigation ability for our signature ability - aoe tanking.

On topc: 6% flat damage reduction is really good.
Maelstrom

Return to WotLK