Remove Advertisements

WotLK tanking/healing Hybrid

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

WotLK tanking/healing Hybrid

Postby mconeone » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:08 am

So with illumination lower in holy, we can make a pretty decent OT/Healing spec. The big problem is that you can't get both touched by the light and light's grace. So here goes:

Hybrid Spec

With this spec, you're not a top healer. You cast 10% slower, you cast 2.5 sec HLs, don't have the AoE HoT, lose 5% holy crit, and lose Holy Shock. However, touched by the light will make up for most of what you lose with Holy Guidance.

For tanking, you're suited for an OT. Your threat generation isn't as good as full prot, you don't thunderjudge, and lose 5% parry. However your imp. devo range is increased to 40 yards.

Let me know what you think.
mconeone

Re: WotLK tanking/healing Hybrid

Postby knaughty » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:17 pm

mconeone wrote:Let me know what you think.

Link doesn't work, but:

IMO: Maybe suitable as the OT/3rd healer for the 10-man stream, has no place in 25-man raiding. Even in 10-mans, I'd rather go MT + DPS-OT (DK/Feral). Extra DPS is more likely to be useful than extra heals.

You're either there to heal, or you're there to tank. Excel at one of them, please.

Druids and DKs will cover the "part-time-tank" roles, and DPS the rest of the time.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Return to WotLK