Wrath Protection Paladins made out like THEIVES!

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:20 am

DeadMilliken wrote:Thought of the day:

SOOO if three paladins get "Heart of the Crusader"....
each put up a different judgement....

Does that mean the raid gets 9% crit (bwahahahahahaha)

(*FYI there are only 3 judgements now. Justice, Wisdom, and Light)

Oh btw,

REMEMBER FELLOW PALLIES

"Judgement of Crusader is being rolled into all the appropriate spells"
(woohoo free 200 spelldmg on all our spells)

Edit: This means that if I took off ALL spelldamage gear and used a warrior weapon I would have what is now a base 600 spelldmg.

Err no
This means any judgment will apply "Heart of the Crusader" or any assorted debuff, making the ret pally's judgment a "double". Whatever they do + the 3% crit debuff, which of course won't stack.

Holy paladins are now expected to be judging every 30 seconds, conveniently keeping a judgment up, and giving them haste. And if there's a ret pally around, they don't have to keep the judgment up, being able to use a damage judgment instead.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby lusisia » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:23 am

Snake-Aes wrote:I'm thinking more of this spec. The big difference would be between Seals of the pure with spell warding and improved devo aura.
I don't see how to fit PoJ anymore, sadly.
I went with imp devo for the usefulness of using it while tanking. With the new changes to how auras work, I see it a very fixed setup of "holy concentration, ret ret, prot devo", this way all the melee gets a nice +%haste, +%damage(we too zomg!), +%heal and most casters get a -%pushback.

It's also very nice that holies will now do damage if a ret's around(no need to refresh their own judgment, instead using JoR) and still keep their own %haste up.

Also remember that Holy pallies can take increased judgement rangeso they don't have to get in melee range just to judge. It makes getting judgements that fell off back on the table much easier.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby DeadMilliken » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:23 am

Snake-Aes wrote:Err no
This means any judgment will apply "Heart of the Crusader" or any assorted debuff, making the ret pally's judgment a "double". Whatever they do + the 3% crit debuff, which of course won't stack.

Holy paladins are now expected to be judging every 30 seconds, conveniently keeping a judgment up, and giving them haste. And if there's a ret pally around, they don't have to keep the judgment up, being able to use a damage judgment instead.

But that's not how the talent reads right now :). It reads that in addition to its normal effect it will now add an additional effect to your judgement.

If it does not actually put up a seperated debuff...there is a very very good chance it will stack.
DeadMilliken

Postby sapientialb » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:23 am

Soooo....can we have WotLK forum?

"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes
sapientialb

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:33 am

DeadMilliken wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:Err no

But that's not how the talent reads right now :). It reads that in addition to its normal effect it will now add an additional effect to your judgement.

If it does not actually put up a seperated debuff...there is a very very good chance it will stack.

"In addition to the normal effects, your judgment spells~ " For me that's jsut the act of judging o.O But okay.
Anyway. GO GO HOLY PALLY JUDGING FOR 2K EVERY TEN SECONDS!
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Paladei » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:46 am

The Hammer of Righteous talent, along with the Touched By The Light talent lead me to believe our weapon slot will lean more towards a slower one-handed weapon, or something with overall higher base damage like The Sun Eater.

The lower min/max damage on fast weapons would mean less threat per Hammer, and Righteous Fury no longer gives us the 90% boost from what I've seen... I guess it will depend on the coefficients for Hammer, Holy Shield, AS, etc.

Any thoughts/comments?
Paladei

Postby Levantine » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:47 am

Paladei wrote:The Hammer of Righteous talent, along with the Touched By The Light talent lead me to believe our weapon slot will lean more towards a slower one-handed weapon, or something with overall higher base damage like The Sun Eater.

The lower min/max damage on fast weapons would mean less threat per Hammer, and Righteous Fury no longer gives us the 90% boost from what I've seen... I guess it will depend on the coefficients for Hammer, Holy Shield, AS, etc.

Any thoughts/comments?

Righteous Fury is now 190% baseline. The talent just gives us the damage redux.
Levantine

Postby Paladei » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:49 am

Levantine wrote:
Paladei wrote:The Hammer of Righteous talent, along with the Touched By The Light talent lead me to believe our weapon slot will lean more towards a slower one-handed weapon, or something with overall higher base damage like The Sun Eater.

Any thoughts/comments?

Reading FTW, I suppose. :'( Thanks for pointing that out.

What are the feelings to the change of Blessing of Salvation? That wasn't one I was expecting.
Paladei

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:49 am

Any thoughts/comments?

A slow weapon is good and bad. Fewer parries, but spikier threat. In context of a Paladin tank, though, our threat comes from other things a lot too, so I think it's a good idea.

Also, this may help a big with offtanking. We'll already be wearing gear with hit and expertise on it, so if you're not taking hits, slap on a 2H and maybe it will scale well enough?
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Sharlos » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:52 am

moduspwnens wrote:

Any thoughts/comments?

A slow weapon is good and bad. Fewer parries, but spikier threat. In context of a Paladin tank, though, our threat comes from other things a lot too, so I think it's a good idea.

Also, this may help a big with offtanking. We'll already be wearing gear with hit and expertise on it, so if you're not taking hits, slap on a 2H and maybe it will scale well enough?

There's some indication it requires a 1handed weapon.

Some talent trees show it as 'requires melee weapon', ors 'one handed weapon', and other list nothing.
Sharlos

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:52 am

Paladei wrote:
Levantine wrote:

Any thoughts/comments?

Reading FTW, I suppose. :'( Thanks for pointing that out.

What are the feelings to the change of Blessing of Salvation? That wasn't one I was expecting.
It's being enrolled on everyone's abilities, becoming more like every dpser is permanently salved. Hand is used on that shaman that overaggroed and put on a shield to hope to live 4 seconds instead of 2.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby ulushnar » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:53 am

Paladei wrote:What are the feelings to the change of Blessing of Salvation? That wasn't one I was expecting.

It just means the DPS classes will have to pay attention more and if they're gonna raid, they'll need the aggro reduction talents. It also means we'll have to work harder and use the plethora of new talents at our disposal.

Horde managed to raid for two years without BoS, I'm entirely sure it's possible.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:54 am

It's pretty safe to assume all tanks will be generating a lot more threat, too.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Sark » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:55 am

Snake-Aes wrote:It's being enrolled on everyone's abilities, becoming more like every dpser is permanently salved. Hand is used on that shaman that overaggroed and put on a shield to hope to live 4 seconds instead of 2.

i don't know about you guys but i am definately setting up a whisper macro that tells my naugty dps ot "TALK TO THE HAND"
Sark

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:58 am

Sark wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:It's being enrolled on everyone's abilities, becoming more like every dpser is permanently salved. Hand is used on that shaman that overaggroed and put on a shield to hope to live 4 seconds instead of 2.

i don't know about you guys but i am definately setting up a whisper macro that tells my naugty dps ot "TALK TO THE HAND"

AWESOME IDEA!
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK