Remove Advertisements

Wrath Protection Paladins made out like THEIVES!

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Sharlos » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:52 am

lusisia wrote:
Holyfuri wrote:I think it is worth it. Now this is going to change if we end up using strength, but as of now I think my preferred prot build would be:

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sZV0tIxMdMgqeRGoVbx

We got a huge threat buff with talents to increase spell damage, an equivalent of shield slam, and a three target talented high threat ability.

We are now probably on par with warriors in mitigation with our equivalent of thunderclap on a single target now as well.

I'm pretty pumped.

Drop ImpJudgement to 1/2 and drop the other point to max Devo Aura (Never thought I'd say that phrase)

i'd probbbly take one point out of 1h spec instead.
Sharlos

Postby Dapaladin » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:53 am

Perhaps im wrong here but 3rd choice of 3 tanks makes us the worst tank? nuff said its pretty bovious how you feel, if you don't want to be attacked then stop posting negative posts. (mathimatical negative posts are of course fine but i have yet to see one of those as well) I havn't seen one post by you which tried to encourage prot pallies. Everyone you have posted has only brought them down, not to mention all of them have been you opinions and the opinionns of the WoW gaming community which is by human nature afraid and hesitant to change what they are comfortable with. That being that pallies aren't tanks and warriors are.

And i hardly seing what quoting me and putting it in other threads would do besides emphasize how much i dislike you.
Dapaladin

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:54 am

Dapaladin wrote:Perhaps im wrong here but 3rd choice of 3 tanks makes us the worst tank? nuff said its pretty bovious how you feel, if you don't want to be attacked then stop posting negative posts. (mathimatical negative posts are of course fine but i have yet to see one of those as well) I havn't seen one post by you which tried to encourage prot pallies. Everyone you have posted has only brought them down, not to mention all of them have been you opinions and the opinionns of the WoW gaming community which is by human nature afraid and hesitant to change what they are comfortable with. That being that pallies aren't tanks and warriors are.

And i hardly seing what quoting me and putting it in other threads would do besides emphasize how much i dislike you.

moduspwnens wrote:...not in this thread.

http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... hp?t=10806
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby lusisia » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:58 am

moduspwnens wrote:
lusisia wrote:Drop ImpJudgement to 1/2 and drop the other point to max Devo Aura (Never thought I'd say that phrase)

Would Holy Paladins have this talent? I haven't looked deeply into it, but if auras are raidwide, we won't need it, right?

lusisia wrote:I'm going to be honest. YOU were the one making a point of bringing up your opinions on how pallies fare in TBC. That doesn't make it true.

Just because the people you play with consider a pally tank third choice doesn't mean everyone else does.

moduspwnens wrote:...not in this thread.

Holy pallies will now be taking Imp Conc Aura. It makes sense now and helps with Raid-wide pushback/silence.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby Dapaladin » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:59 am

moduspwnens wrote:http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintankadin/viewtopic.php?t=10806

i've read the thread thx
Dapaladin

Postby sapientialb » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:59 am

Anyone look at the admittdly small collection WoWhead has up thus far for Weapons? It looks to be mostly quest rewards but I didn't see any weapon with tanking stats.

From the list of 100 there's 1 mace with spell power & stamina but it has spirit so probably meant to be a Healing item and I didn't see a mage/lock type sword either. Odd stuff is odd.

"Tanks need many stats, including No-blink crotch staring resistance" - Snake-Aes
sapientialb

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:02 am

lusisia wrote:Holy pallies will now be taking Imp Conc Aura. It makes sense now and helps with Raid-wide pushback/silence.

One will. What about any others?

Dapaladin wrote:i've read the thread thx

If you want to discuss this, continue it there.
http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... hp?t=10806
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby DeadMilliken » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:05 am

sapientialb wrote:Anyone look at the admittdly small collection WoWhead has up thus far for Weapons? It looks to be mostly quest rewards but I didn't see any weapon with tanking stats.

I cannot remember EVER finding a tanking weapon via a normal quest.
(*Think back on TBC...think about where the tanking weapons are at)

AFAIR all tanking weapons are Instance drops, Raid quests or crafting.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh and I approve of this thread!

I admit the last few days I was getting all stupid in the head over how good warriors would become. I'm no longer worried.
We are LITTERALLY going to be the KINGS OF THREAT :)

The only worry in my mind at this point would be mana consumption.
Last edited by DeadMilliken on Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
DeadMilliken

Postby Lumenactio » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:06 am

Krystaline Kopesh! How dare you forget.

Heh.
Lumenactio

Postby lusisia » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:08 am

sapientialb wrote:Anyone look at the admittdly small collection WoWhead has up thus far for Weapons? It looks to be mostly quest rewards but I didn't see any weapon with tanking stats.

From the list of 100 there's 1 mace with spell power & stamina but it has spirit so probably meant to be a Healing item and I didn't see a mage/lock type sword either. Odd stuff is odd.

Stop thinking oldschool on spirit. It's quite possible (and I'm thinking this may be the case) that spirit will be useful to ALL mana using classes. Seriously. With the gear-sharing that is being implemented, you can't make any assumptions about what denotes a "healer" weapon from a "caster" weapon. We also don't know what our existing gear is going to get "converted" to yet.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby DeadMilliken » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:08 am

moduspwnens wrote:
lusisia wrote:Holy pallies will now be taking Imp Conc Aura. It makes sense now and helps with Raid-wide pushback/silence.

Most likely a raid will consist of 3 paladins.
1 Holy
1 Prot
1 Ret

Holy will use Con
Prot will use Devo
Ret will use Ret

Any "extra" pallies will just re-enforce the above in a different area OR use a resistance aura.
DeadMilliken

Postby Snake-Aes » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:13 am

I'm thinking more of this spec. The big difference would be between Seals of the pure with spell warding and improved devo aura.
I don't see how to fit PoJ anymore, sadly.
I went with imp devo for the usefulness of using it while tanking. With the new changes to how auras work, I see it a very fixed setup of "holy concentration, ret ret, prot devo", this way all the melee gets a nice +%haste, +%damage(we too zomg!), +%heal and most casters get a -%pushback.

It's also very nice that holies will now do damage if a ret's around(no need to refresh their own judgment, instead using JoR) and still keep their own %haste up.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby guillex » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:13 am

DeadMilliken wrote:
moduspwnens wrote:

Most likely a raid will consist of 3 paladins.
1 Holy
1 Prot
1 Ret

Holy will use Con
Prot will use Devo
Ret will use Ret

Any "extra" pallies will just re-enforce the above in a different area OR use a resistance aura.

Or use a prot Sanctit... wait
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby DeadMilliken » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:14 am

Thought of the day:

SOOO if three paladins get "Heart of the Crusader"....
each put up a different judgement....

Does that mean the raid gets 9% crit (bwahahahahahaha)

(*FYI there are only 3 judgements now. Justice, Wisdom, and Light)

Oh btw,

REMEMBER FELLOW PALLIES

"Judgement of Crusader is being rolled into all the appropriate spells"
(woohoo free 200 spelldmg on all our spells)

Edit: This means that if I took off ALL spelldamage gear and used a warrior weapon I would have what is now around a base 600 spelldmg via talents and changes alone.
Last edited by DeadMilliken on Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
DeadMilliken

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:17 am

DeadMilliken wrote:Thought of the day:

SOOO if three paladins get "Heart of the Crusader"....
each put up a different judgement....

Does that mean the raid gets 9% crit (bwahahahahahaha)

(*FYI there are only 3 judgements now. Justice, Wisdom, and Light)

Oh btw,

REMEMBER FELLOW PALLIES

"Judgement of Crusader is being rolled into all the appropriate spells"
(woohoo free 200 spelldmg on all our spells)

Nvm.
I rule.
moduspwnens

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK