Remove Advertisements

Wrath Protection Paladins made out like THEIVES!

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Zand » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:33 am

The major change is to remove our reliance on spell damage items:

Hammer of the Righteous
Hammer the current target and up to 2 additional nearby targets, causing 100% of weapon damage as Holy damage. This ability causes high threat.

Touched by the Light
Increases your spell power by an amount equal to 10/20/30% of your Stamina and increases the amount healed by your critical heals by 10/20/30%.

Shield of Righteousness: (Level 75, 6 sec cooldown) Slam the target with your shield, causing Holy damage equal to 200% of your block value. This spell causes a high amount of threat.

So Warrior Gear (especially Weapons) will be viable equipment. I do hope we still see our own itemized gear with Int on it, other than tiered sets.
Mainly cause I'm really prissy about gear looks and Warrior gear has traditionally been FUGLY as hell :)
Clan Imbrium - Moved to Greymane!
Zandvor - Paladin Class Leader, Tankadin
Navaj - Warrior, Fury dps extraordinare
Zian - N00b Druid....
Delance - Future Death Knight
Don't ask...I just like tanks.
Zand

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:34 am

Sharlos wrote:that's two bosses.. (and I know others that would disagree with your assessment on those two)

...not this thread.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Holyfuri » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:34 am

wowhead's calculator also is missing precision however, 2/3 calculators don't have precision.
Holyfuri

Postby Dapaladin » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:36 am

moduspwnens wrote:
Worldie wrote:We're still 3rd choice for all the tbc encounters who were designed before blizzard thought paladins were viable

That's it modus, stop saying paladins suck.

Without getting into an argument (that's what the other thread is for), I disagree. Kalec and Brut are not made for Paladins.

Modus im gonna be honest with you, you keep saying how inferior pallies are compared to the other tanks isnt helping anything. I understand its your opinion and thats all it is. In almost every thread i read your there bringing prot pallies down and its not benefiting anyone. When you find yourself moving that mouse over to the submit button just go ahead and close the window cause its not constructive and in the end like i said before just annoys people. People come to this forum to get away from all the bad talk about prot pallies.
Last edited by Dapaladin on Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dapaladin

Postby Mortehl » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:37 am

Modus enough is enough ffs.

We know you think protadins suck.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:38 am

moduspwnens wrote:...not this thread.

The guy said we're in "heaven." C'mon.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Gideon » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:39 am

Zand wrote:I do hope we still see our own itemized gear with Int on it, other than tiered sets.

NO U
Gideon

Postby Sharlos » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:40 am

Holyfuri wrote:wowhead's calculator also is missing precision however, 2/3 calculators don't have precision.

according to a SS from someone on the official forums
http://flickr.com/photos/7493025@N04/26 ... 237989091/
precision is no longer there. (maybe moved to ret?)
Sharlos

Postby Worldie » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:40 am

We discussed zillions of times how we are actually advantaged on both brut and kalec, we provided wws, math and such, you provided nothing but assumptions. That's why everyone keeps reminding you, even in this thread, that prot paladins are good, and with those changes, we are going to surpass warriors in mitigation.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Dapaladin » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:42 am

moduspwnens wrote:

The guy said we're in "heaven." C'mon.

Hey lets take what people say and cut it up into little pieces and take it for what it literally means. These changes are amazing and im excited as he is. This topic was great everyone was hapy about the changes and you came along...

"prot pallies are bad"

If you dislike them so much why do you troll prot pally booards? is it fun to just try and bring people down? Just cause you don't believe in your tanking abilities doesn't mean you should try to get everyone to agree with you. Honestly i doubt anyone wants to hear if i'm wrong then so be it but thats at least how i feel.
Dapaladin

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:47 am

Worldie wrote:We discussed zillions of times how we are actually advantaged on both brut and kalec, we provided wws, math and such, you provided nothing but assumptions. That's why everyone keeps reminding you, even in this thread, that prot paladins are good, and with those changes, we are going to surpass warriors in mitigation.

I was provided with no math or WWS, and

moduspwnens wrote:...not in this thread.

If any of you want to take this discussion any further, let's do it in the thread that became this discussion. If you want to continue it, let's go there, rather than take short jabs at me in any thread.

Dapaladin wrote:Hey lets take what people say and cut it up into little pieces and take it for what it literally means. These changes are amazing and im excited as he is. This topic was great everyone was hapy about the changes and you came along...

"prot pallies are bad"

If you dislike them so much why do you troll prot pally booards? is it fun to just try and bring people down? Just cause you don't believe in your tanking abilities doesn't mean you should try to get everyone to agree with you. Honestly i doubt anyone wants to hear if i'm wrong then so be it but thats at least how i feel.

I didn't say Prot Paladins are bad. I said we're third choice for most TBC encounters (I think we agreed on this?) and then Worldie brought up Sunwell. Anyway, I'm done here. If you continue to attack me, I'm just going to quote you and put it in the other thread. When you guys do this, I'm forced between either not responding and looking like a jackass, or responding and looking like I'm trolling. Good day.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby lusisia » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:49 am

Holyfuri wrote:I think it is worth it. Now this is going to change if we end up using strength, but as of now I think my preferred prot build would be:

http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?talent=sZV0tIxMdMgqeRGoVbx

We got a huge threat buff with talents to increase spell damage, an equivalent of shield slam, and a three target talented high threat ability.

We are now probably on par with warriors in mitigation with our equivalent of thunderclap on a single target now as well.

I'm pretty pumped.

Drop ImpJudgement to 1/2 and drop the other point to max Devo Aura (Never thought I'd say that phrase)
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby Shadowhamer » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:50 am

Also strength now has been modified. From what I am hearing, strength will now play a nice part in our blocking, just like a warrior. So you may want to pick up that divine strength talent.
Evil does not fight fair, so nor do I

For he who dares !
Shadowhamer

Postby lusisia » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:51 am

moduspwnens wrote:
Worldie wrote:We discussed zillions of times how we are actually advantaged on both brut and kalec, we provided wws, math and such, you provided nothing but assumptions. That's why everyone keeps reminding you, even in this thread, that prot paladins are good, and with those changes, we are going to surpass warriors in mitigation.

I was provided with no math or WWS, and

If any of you want to take this discussion any further, let's do it in the thread that became this discussion. If you want to continue it, let's go there, rather than take short jabs at me in any thread.

Dapaladin wrote:Hey lets take what people say and cut it up into little pieces and take it for what it literally means. These changes are amazing and im excited as he is. This topic was great everyone was hapy about the changes and you came along...

"prot pallies are bad"

I didn't say Prot Paladins are bad. I said we're third choice for most TBC encounters (I think we agreed on this?) and then Worldie brought up Sunwell. Anyway, I'm done here. If you continue to attack me, I'm just going to quote you and put it in the other thread. When you guys do this, I'm forced between either not responding and looking like a jackass, or responding and looking like I'm trolling. Good day.

I'm going to be honest. YOU were the one making a point of bringing up your opinions on how pallies fare in TBC. That doesn't make it true.

Just because the people you play with consider a pally tank third choice doesn't mean everyone else does.
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:51 am

lusisia wrote:Drop ImpJudgement to 1/2 and drop the other point to max Devo Aura (Never thought I'd say that phrase)

Would Holy Paladins have this talent? I haven't looked deeply into it, but if auras are raidwide, we won't need it, right?

lusisia wrote:I'm going to be honest. YOU were the one making a point of bringing up your opinions on how pallies fare in TBC. That doesn't make it true.

Just because the people you play with consider a pally tank third choice doesn't mean everyone else does.

Last edited by moduspwnens on Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
I rule.
moduspwnens

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK