Wrath Protection Paladins made out like THEIVES!

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:23 am

Sordin wrote:Have we seen any level 80 gear though? Dungeon 4s? I think that is going to be the really telling clue to how our stats are going to play out.

I agree with this.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Splug » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:27 am

I'm still going with STR being a poor warrior threat stat, probably a mediocre DK threat stat, and definitely a poor paladin threat stat. It'll show up here and there because Blizzard likes to throw arbitrary stats (spell hit, melee haste) on tanking gear to let us pretend it helps dps, but I really, really doubt it'll be as common as hit, expertise and spellpower are now.

-Splug
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Arcand » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:28 am

On the other hand, the BC paladin dungeon set was a tank set.

So if they continue to put out only one type...it's not our turn. Don't panic if our dungeon armor looks holy or retributive.
Arcand

Postby Sharlos » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:33 am

Arcand wrote:On the other hand, the BC paladin dungeon set was a tank set.

So if they continue to put out only one type...it's not our turn. Don't panic if our dungeon armor looks holy or retributive.

we should get an equivelent though.

Ret could use doom plate or whatever it was (and in WotLK probabbly will).

And come to think of it, we'll probabbly use the warrior tanking one.
So i imagine the plly d4 will be a healing set.
Sharlos

Postby honorshammer » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:20 am

moduspwnens wrote:
Sordin wrote:Have we seen any level 80 gear though? Dungeon 4s? I think that is going to be the really telling clue to how our stats are going to play out.

I agree with this.

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/ima ... ndings.jpg

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/ima ... ldrons.jpg
honorshammer

Postby Dorvan » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:21 am

Honorshammer wrote:http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/wotlk/ingameshots/loot/plate_insulatingbindings.jpg

http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/ima ... ldrons.jpg

That stuff is level 71 and not tanking gear :P

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Bentfork » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:32 am

I have posted this once before, but here I am saying it again. People use to come to this forum to learn from the best prot pallies in the entire game, and to help each other. this entire thread is borderline to being the same crap as in the wow forums, which to my understanding is why this forums was created to adoid all of the worthless negative crap. I am tired of trying to read thru all of this childish talk to get to actually learn something that others have noticed.

If you think pallies are bad tanks, that is probably because you are a bad tank, not the class.

we take the least burst dmg of all other tanking classes- we take the least crushings. we generate more threat than warriors and most druids, and we can aoe tank as well as well as having more hp than equal geared warriors and comparable hp to druids.

stop ruining this site and actually read some content in here to learn to play better, instead of slamming the class. A pally has MT every raid boss in progression kills thru BT, and I am sure most if not all of sunwell as well.

On the real reason for this thread, the changes they made to prot is almost everything we asked for several months ago when the dev's were asking for class improvement input =) I like everything I have seen so far, even holy and especially ret got some serious love for once. As a raid leader, I will def want a ret pally in every raid now for the bonuses they will bring =P
- the Fork
Bentfork

Postby Arcand » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:48 am

Looks cool, though.
Arcand

Postby Splug » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:49 am

Eh, going with what I usually do: until I see animations of an orc dropping shockwave and a blood elf popping hammer/shield of righteousness, I'll sit back and wait.

-Splug
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:52 am

It's also worth noting that with two single-target threat abilities, AND judgement, it'll be a little easier to pick up more than one mob without Consecrating in raids.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Sharlos » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:56 am

moduspwnens wrote:It's also worth noting that with two single-target threat abilities, AND judgement, it'll be a little easier to pick up more than one mob without Consecrating in raids.

Hammer of righteousness hits 3 targets at once.
Sharlos

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:57 am

Sharlos wrote:
moduspwnens wrote:It's also worth noting that with two single-target threat abilities, AND judgement, it'll be a little easier to pick up more than one mob without Consecrating in raids.

Hammer of righteousness hits 3 targets at once.

Yeah, but hopefully it'll be under the same rules as those other multi-targeting things that no longer break CC. And even if it does, at least you can sheep it again immediately after.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Dorvan » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:59 am

moduspwnens wrote:Yeah, but hopefully it'll be under the same rules as those other multi-targeting things that no longer break CC. And even if it does, at least you can sheep it again immediately after.

I'm pretty sure cleave doesn't smart target....isn't that correct? I'd expect based on that precedent for HotR to be the same, but we'll see soon enough...

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:00 pm

Dorvan wrote:
moduspwnens wrote:Yeah, but hopefully it'll be under the same rules as those other multi-targeting things that no longer break CC. And even if it does, at least you can sheep it again immediately after.

I'm pretty sure cleave doesn't smart target....isn't that correct? I'd expect based on that precedent for HotR to be the same, but we'll see soon enough...

I thought Cleave was included in the patch notes, but I'm not sure if it actually went through. Lemme check.

EDIT: Can't find it. Must have dreamt it.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Splug » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:11 pm

moduspwnens wrote:
Dorvan wrote:

I thought Cleave was included in the patch notes, but I'm not sure if it actually went through. Lemme check.

EDIT: Can't find it. Must have dreamt it.
It was there, and then it was taken out.

-Splug
Splug
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK