Wrath Protection Paladins made out like THEIVES!

All things related to the expansion

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis

Postby Sharlos » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:56 am

considering the change to warriors shield block i don't think a 3.0 patch will come out too much earlier than WotLK itself.
Sharlos

Postby ScribeShanky » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:56 am

asafsdasasdasfdasd

These changes are AWESOME.

Faith in Paladin class fully restored.
I just love it when a good keikaku comes together.
ScribeShanky

Postby Hankthetank » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:58 am

Lumenactio wrote:Krystaline Kopesh! How dare you forget.

Heh.

There was also an axe from the Cipher of Damnation quest in Shadowmoon Valley.
Hankthetank

Postby Shamora » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:04 am

Paladei wrote:... Has crit rating been consolidated, like hit rating? Check out this item:
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=37277

Hit, Crit, and Haste are now all universal.

Patch Notes wrote:Hit Rating, Critical Strike Rating, and Haste Rating now modify both melee attacks and spells.
Last edited by Shamora on Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hearthstone Arena Stats
Server: PVP US Warsong, Horde - <Orbit>
Main: Keondra, Delver of the Vaults, Lvl 90 Assassination Rogue
Shamora

Postby Havn » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:05 am

Shield Block
16 Increases your chance to block and the amount blocked by 100% for 5 sec, but will only block 1 attack.
30 sec cooldown

It was said before that it didn't increase the chance to block anymore? Least I think that is what they posted earlier.

Looks like crushing blows are here to stay. Why would they give us the overlap on holy shield if not. I guess they could change it in beta but seems like Wotlk will have crushing blows.
Havn

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:05 am

Hankthetank wrote:
Lumenactio wrote:Krystaline Kopesh! How dare you forget.

Heh.

There was also an axe from the Cipher of Damnation quest in Shadowmoon Valley.

[item=31071]Grom'tor's Charge[/item]
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Paladei » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:07 am

Shamora wrote:
Paladei wrote:... Has crit rating been consolidated, like hit rating? Check out this item:
http://wotlk.wowhead.com/?item=37277

Hit, Crit, and Haste are now all universal.

Hm. Are these sorts of changes retroactive, then? As in, all "melee hit/crit rating" cloaks will be universal hit rating, and all "spell hit/crit rating" cloaks will be universal? Or only from here on out...

Regardless, it's a nice way to reduce the variety of items required. Variety is one of the most frustrating issues with RNG, after RNG itself. 30-35 runs for Spaulders of the Righteous FTW!
Paladei

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:09 am

Paladei wrote:Regardless, it's a nice way to reduce the variety of items required. Variety is one of the most frustrating issues with RNG, after RNG itself. 30-35 runs for Spaulders of the Righteous FTW!

These drop all the time for me. I dunno what everyone's issue is with them.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby honorshammer » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:12 am

Havn wrote:
Shield Block
16 Increases your chance to block and the amount blocked by 100% for 5 sec, but will only block 1 attack.
30 sec cooldown

It was said before that it didn't increase the chance to block anymore? Least I think that is what they posted earlier.

Looks like crushing blows are here to stay. Why would they give us the overlap on holy shield if not. I guess they could change it in beta but seems like Wotlk will have crushing blows.

Look at the cooldown. If they keep Crushes in, and assume a 2.5 attack speed for the Boss. You can block 1 attack in 12. The other 11 are crushes?

Crushes are gone. Welcome our new furry overlords!
Last edited by honorshammer on Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
honorshammer

Postby Paladei » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:12 am

moduspwnens wrote:
Paladei wrote:Regardless, it's a nice way to reduce the variety of items required. Variety is one of the most frustrating issues with RNG, after RNG itself. 30-35 runs for Spaulders of the Righteous FTW!

These drop all the time for me. I dunno what everyone's issue is with them.

I've seen it drop twice. We ran it on normal until they dropped, then we ran heroic a few times. The first time I run normal after getting mine to help a guildy, and they drop again. In total I've probably been into Botanica about 50 times. I've seen it twice. But he dropped those Devil leggings like 95% of the time.
Paladei

Postby Havn » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:15 am

Honorshammer wrote:
Havn wrote:
Shield Block
30 sec cooldown

Look at the cooldown. If they keep Crushes in, and assume a 2.5 attack speed for the Boss. You can block 1 attack in 12. The other 11 are crushes?

Good point. Why would they give us the coverage on Holy shield though.
Havn

Postby Dorvan » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:18 am

Havn wrote:Good point. Why would they give us the coverage on Holy shield though.

Likely was changed early on, and even after the main reason for making the change was gone they didn't feel the need to change it back, That's pure speculation though.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Arcand » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:19 am

Havn wrote:Good point. Why would they give us the coverage on Holy shield though.

The 100% coverage aside, a shorter cooldown means we take even less damage and generate even more threat when getting dogpiled by a dozen bad guys at once.

We eat, drink and breathe boss tanking, but not everything they give us is intended for boss tanking.
Arcand

Postby Lore » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:20 am

Sharlos wrote:considering the change to warriors shield block i don't think a 3.0 patch will come out too much earlier than WotLK itself.

The 3.0 patch would include any mechanics changes, including removing crushing blows.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Sordin » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:21 am

Have we seen any level 80 gear though? Dungeon 4s? I think that is going to be the really telling clue to how our stats are going to play out.
Sordin

PreviousNext

Return to WotLK